PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old August 7th, 2004, 04:13 AM   #1
mtbwales
Verified Customer

Thinking of buying ReviewPost

Hi, I'm looking at buying Review Post as it looks like it'll probably fit my needs. However, the admin demo doesn't allow me to see the add product screen and a few other details.

I'd like to create a series of categories and sub-catgories and within these add products. Each product needs to have the manufacturer and the product name (eg 'Camelbak' for the manufacturer and 'Mule') stored separately so that users can search for all items by that manufacturer. Is it possible ? In other words is there a database table of manufacturers and another table of products ?

Also, what is the current version of ReviewPost ?

I've got approx 4,000 products that I want to enter, does ReviewPost support the importing of product data in say CSV format ?

Finally, I'd like to setup Reviewpost of a series of sub-domains eg camping.mydomain.com, walking.mydomain.com and cycling.mydomain.com. Can I have one shared membership database between the three ?

Oh, one more. If it doesn't meet my needs, can I return it for a refund ?

Thanks in advance !
mtbwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2004, 10:31 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I'd like to create a series of categories and sub-catgories and within these add products. Each product needs to have the manufacturer and the product name (eg 'Camelbak' for the manufacturer and 'Mule') stored separately so that users can search for all items by that manufacturer. Is it possible ? In other words is there a database table of manufacturers and another table of products ?

There is a spot for manufacturer and then product title when uploading a product. They are stored in the product table but in different fields so your good to go there

Also, what is the current version of ReviewPost ?

I've got approx 4,000 products that I want to enter, does ReviewPost support the importing of product data in say CSV format ?

Well you can import product data in text csv format whichever one manually through PHPMYADMIN like your thinking provided you format the field strings correctly.

Finally, I'd like to setup Reviewpost of a series of sub-domains eg camping.mydomain.com, walking.mydomain.com and cycling.mydomain.com. Can I have one shared membership database between the three ?

Per the license agreement one license per domain. Those are three domains.

Oh, one more. If it doesn't meet my needs, can I return it for a refund

NO

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2004, 11:02 AM   #3
mtbwales
Verified Customer

OK - thanks for the speedy reply. I'll need to re-arrange my products categories in on order to fit into the single domain requirement though :-( If I can do it without comprising the ease of use of the site that I'm planning I'll go ahead and order tomorrow.

Is it possible to hide categories from users and searches ?
mtbwales is offline   Reply With Quote