PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old December 2nd, 2003, 10:54 AM   #1
riptorn

Talking PhotoPost look like you existing site

Hello all,

How easy is it to make PhotoPost look like you existing site...?

My friend has got Albinator and is forever hacking into php scripts to get it like his site...I don't want to do that!! I want it simple.

Can you have private albums?

Can you put headers and footers in easy?

Is it difficult to put recent photo on other pages on your home page (requires a large hack in Albinator)

Put it this way....do you have to spend days/weeks to achive simple things.

My time is limited daily as I have a family and don't want to spend ages like my friend does.

Regards.

Ps At this moment in time Albinator is quite a few bucks less...!!!
riptorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2003, 11:37 AM   #2
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

Yes, you can have private albums (password protected and not) and you can specify unique headers for each category (or just one for the whole site).

PhotoPost is very easy to work with and provides simple templates and themes for any changes to the look you want to make.

PhotoPost has inspired many features found in other applications and continues to offer even more innovations with every release.

Albinator is only now matching our $99 special we recently ran for a few months on PhotoPost PRO.
Old December 2nd, 2003, 02:53 PM   #3
riptorn

Red face

Ok thanks,

another few questions.

When someone posts photos or leaves a comment etc, do you the admin (thats me) get an e-mail sent to say that photos/comment have been uploaded/left?

Does PhotoPost involve a cron job?

I take it that if I purchase it today....PhotPost will do a Christmas cracker and sell it for even less over the year!!!?.

Regards.
riptorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2003, 04:13 PM   #4
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

No cron jobs and you can get emails sent upon new uploads (requiring approval or not).

You can be notified of comments posted to a photo by clicking on the notify link for a photo (nobody has ever asked for a notification of every comment posted).
Old September 25th, 2004, 10:19 AM   #5
msd

Hi,

Is it possible for a user to allow email notification for anytime any of his/her posted images receives a new comment (without having to 'select individually' every image he/she posted)?! Sometimes, an old posted image receives a comment, and the poster would like to be notified when any of his/her images receive a new comment.

If this is not a default feature of PhotoPost, is there any mod available for this?!

Thanks!
msd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2004, 12:47 PM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You could alter the notification box to set it by default to yes instead of no then user's would get emails by default

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2004, 10:55 AM   #7
msd

Hi omegatron,

Thanks. It sure helps...

But, if the member has already posted many imagens and is not being notified, he/she would still have to go thru all the images and select each one to set it, right?

A different scenario: a member that receives notification for all his/her image posts will be out of town for a week, and do not want to receive notifications during that week. After returning, the member wants to set the notification back to on. If I understood correctly, this person would have to go thru all his/her images selecting each one individually, before the trip... and everything again after the trip... is this correct?

I'm not sure, but I believe this feature may not be very hard to implement then... it would simply set/unset comment notifications for all images of this member. Would this be a mod?!
Old September 26th, 2004, 11:31 AM   #8
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Yes anything outside the normal working of this program is a mod or hack as its commonly called.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old September 26th, 2004, 05:10 PM   #9
msd

Ok. But what I really meant to ask was if such mod is already avalable.
I searched here and at photopostdev, but couldn't find anything like that.
Thanks!
Old September 26th, 2004, 05:51 PM   #10
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

"PhotoPostDev is in no way affiliated with PhotoPost support and relies on community participation for mods and mod support."

As such the honest answer is I have no idea what is posted there. That site was a site put up so people could interact and share their code modifications.

Other than myself posting a mod or two for people I do not visit that site alot.