PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.57 average. Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2015, 03:07 PM   #1
MikeSD

Which version do I have licensed and ...

I have a license for PP Pro, that I got a couple years ago. It was purchased for use with vB 4.x.x. I had to remove everything from my system and start over because of a hacking.

But now I'm having trouble figuring out what's compatible with what.

I updated, only 1 minor version to 4.2.2. I "recovered" a directory structure of my previous PP Pro. But none of the style, header, footer stuff works. Probably some sort of incomplete inetgration between the two. But I think I'm going to just start over with a clean PP install.

But my problem is,

* What version does my PP licence cover? I have asked PP but they don't reply.

* Does my existing license have compatibility for vB 4.2.2. I've asked but the PP people don't reply.

* If not, which version of PP do I need, for vb 4.2.2?

* If I just update my support forum membership, does that allow me to update my existing license to a compatible version, without an additional fee, other than the support fee?

* I can't ask the forums because I have to spend money, to ask a question.

I'm actually surprised they can sell anything, with such inability to get answers.
Old July 13th, 2015, 09:43 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You would need to upgrade to the latest Pro. I can not tell you what version you have but you would need to renew to get the code as a license comes with one year access to service and support.

We did email you this info as well. I can not be more accurate without actually seeing the site in question.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old July 13th, 2015, 10:59 AM   #3
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

http://www.ipscone.com/photopost/

If this is your site is this it looks functional to me the only thing I see wrong is you need to enable or reinstall the vbulletin plugins so that your the gallery content and navigation shows. Your version as well looks a few years out of date which would explain why your plugins are not there is you wiped them out when upgrading.

The easiest thing to do is download 8.5 and upgrade your copy via the instructions in the documentation folder.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.