PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 2.31 average. Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2015, 05:10 PM   #1
Swanny

CloudFlare Compatibility?

Is PhotoPost Pro compatible with CloudFlare? Only thing I can see off hand would be a session/IP issue. I have not tested it, I'm just curious, because I've learned of CloudFlare and it looks like a really good service. It filters out bots/spammers/etc before they even get to your server, and CF acts as a CDN.
Old May 28th, 2015, 01:13 PM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I do not know much about Cloudflare or how it works but I can tell you from a software requirements the server Photopost is installed on are as follows

http://www.photopost.com/requirephp.html

So basically the server needs to support PHP and MySqL with safe mode off and you need to know your server paths etc.

We use cookies to tell if a person is logged in so provided Cloudflare servers support our requirements and do not block cookies etc things should work fine but without prior experience about the service all I can do is point you to the requirements.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old May 28th, 2015, 01:17 PM   #3
Swanny

OK I have learned more about CloudFlare in the last day or so, I even signed up with them.

Basically you point your DNS to them so your www. traffic is routed through them. They block bad bots & traffic, and let the good traffic through to your website. It's the web server you use now that serves the pages, however CloudFlare acts as a DNS for static objects (css, js, png, jpg, etc).

So the PHP/MySQL and all those requirements all fall back to your existing host/server. The only thing that might be an issue is the IPs or visitor sessions.

I'm still learning more, but I may experiment with this anyway.
Old May 28th, 2015, 01:20 PM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Well as stated we use cookies so sessions or IP's do not play too big a thing as long as they allow all cookies to work you should be okay.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.