PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 2.55 average. Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2014, 07:34 AM   #1
jalmz

Members renew discount

Hi chuck,

Im suprise why the renewal of license members is 99 usd.. its too expensive.. Can i have a discount? im your customer since 2005
Old October 7th, 2014, 01:31 PM   #2
jalmz

Can i ask help Chuck? or do i need to pay my membership

/photopost/uploads/1: Error creating directory
Old October 7th, 2014, 08:36 PM   #3
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

One owned license grants you the right to run one software installation on one domain for an unlimited time, and purchasing an owned license gives you access to our members download area and support for one year.

The pricing is what the owner of PhotoPost sets there is nothing I can do for you as far as discounts.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old May 27th, 2015, 05:49 AM   #4
Weser

Thats why I not renewal the access 99$ is to expensive. Sorry.
Old May 27th, 2015, 09:14 AM   #5
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Just remember most software companies have moved to having to buy a whole new license each major version released. That is what I call expensive.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old May 30th, 2015, 04:06 AM   #6
stuarttunstall

I must admit that I was going to renew, but having paid $39.00 on the 3rd February 2014 and now it is $99.00 I will wait until I have to renew!

The current version I am using appears to be the latest and $60.00 increase is way too much of a price increase in my opinion to gain access to updates (not seen for a while) and support ...
Old May 30th, 2015, 08:12 AM   #7
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Yes you renewed right before the increase.

Old June 1st, 2015, 02:52 AM   #8
Swanny

Yep, major price increase. Too bad they didn't just raise it $10/yr over the last few years as a lot of people have been surprised by that jump. And considered the last update to PP is from 11 months ago there isn't even a reason for most people to renew. It's a bad situation for the owner(s) IMHO.
Old June 1st, 2015, 11:14 AM   #9
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Yes the increase was a huge jump. I do agree he should have just raised it every other year over the past 13 years but then again we would still be at the same price we are now.

Old June 3rd, 2015, 08:24 PM   #10
TheSonic

I would pay 99$ for an ctive product, but the last release of Photopost was 4/2014. It's a bad thing paying 99$ for productupdates and.... not even receive one in 12 months.

And ReviewPost and Classified are less expensive buying a new license than renewals.

Really hard to understand....
Old June 5th, 2015, 12:39 PM   #11
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Actually the last release was 11 months ago in July and we usually do a release at least once a year. Security and bug fixes are done as needed and reported. There have not been any real reports in the past 11 months so no release was needed for that. I am working on an update but as far as pricing I do not agree with it either but I do not set that.

Old June 5th, 2015, 05:58 PM   #12
mlucek

Grrrrr, $99 is a pretty hefty almost 200% increase. Very unreasonable given that new license is just $30 more for $129.

Why pay that much when you can get other largely open-source web frameworks that have free or nominal cost photo galleries - Wordpress/Joomla/Drupal all come to mind.

Is the handwriting on the wall for these standalone galleries ??

Mike
Old July 1st, 2015, 10:15 PM   #13
Swanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucek View Post
Is the handwriting on the wall for these standalone galleries ??
Mike
Oh, yes. I think the owners jacked the price waaay up for a reason, they want it to go bye-bye.

As you can tell I've been using PhotoPost for 13 years now, but I'm trying to do away with my installations where possible. I have one or two installs that I will probably have to maintain long term, but I feel "stuck" with them.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 08:06 PM   #14
tommyxv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Oh, yes. I think the owners jacked the price waaay up for a reason, they want it to go bye-bye.

As you can tell I've been using PhotoPost for 13 years now, but I'm trying to do away with my installations where possible. I have one or two installs that I will probably have to maintain long term, but I feel "stuck" with them.
I switched from vBulletin to xenForo about 3 months ago. While PP is great for vBulletin installations IMO, using xenforo's built in gallery was a no brainer for me.

It is very integrated with forum software. One nice feature is that you can insert any image from your xenForo media gallery or album into your post with one button on the post editor.

Also new gallery/media uploads shows on the forum new posts page under its own tab.