PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old January 2nd, 2014, 09:20 AM   #1
TransAmDan

VBulletin 4.2.1 & HTAccess

Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing PhotoPost for our forum the photo gallery is currenty www[dot]solent-renegades.co.uk/albumall.php?"] I'm currently running a mod Picture and Album Gallery 1.08 from vbulletin.org[/url]
It is working quite well at the moment. A few months ago I was running VBSEO, so I had some nice page names. I had a few issues with VBSEO so I've uninstalled it after a couple of years (mainly because they are not around anymore)
So my question is does PhotoPost generate some nice page names?
I see on some example forums running PhotoPost they are, but they could be running VBSEO so I am not totally sure.

Many Thanks
Dan.
TransAmDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 11:06 AM   #2
TransAmDan

At the moment many of the photos are served from a CDN. Would it be easy enough mod or an admin option to have CDN integration on the PhotoPost galleries?

Another questions. I have thousands of photos and many galleries already in the system. Will PhotoPost show whats there or do they need to be uploaded all again?

Last edited by TransAmDan; January 2nd, 2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 12:51 PM   #3
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

No our program does not run VBSEO. We employ our own SEO rewrites like so

http://www.photopost.com/photopost/index.php

You can see our url structure on our example gallery on our site.

You would need to upload any photos into our gallery as we would not have importers for mods/hacks over at vbulletin.org. The photos would need to exist on our application and server path.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 02:02 PM   #4
TransAmDan

Thanks for your quick response.

URL's in your gallery like www[dot]photopost.com/photopost/graphic-design/p8077-fraktal-graphic.html are ideal for my needs. I can work with that.

It looks like the current system the database is using the table Attachement, for images (although that actual file is stored int he file system)
I have a table called Album too, and Attachment Category. I'm not sure if these are standard VBulletin tables.

I currently have 241 Albums, I see you can upload from ones currently stored in Vbulletin, so I'm hoping my image information is stored in the correct tables for your system to access them.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 03:58 PM   #5
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Not sure what you mean about vb tables. To upload an image into our software you need to physically upload it.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 05:14 AM   #6
jacobrobinson13

VBSEO is gone

I think VBSEO is gone. Its dead totally.
Does any body know more about it?
jacobrobinson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 08:51 AM   #7
TransAmDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobrobinson13 View Post
I think VBSEO is gone. Its dead totally.
Does any body know more about it?
I've turned my VBSEO off totally now. I've enabled VBulletin to do some URL rewriting, but its not as perfect as VBSEO, but its a good second best. However the photo gallery is query strings. i wanted to find a solution of URL Rewriting. The PhotoPost seemd like an ideal solution.

However re-uploading 5000 photos wouldn't be too bad if they were all mine, but there are many which users have uploaded. They are not going to re-upload. I've tried that one before when I moved to VBulletin from a previous system.

If only I could reuse the photos already in the VBulletin photo albums. I have full access to the database, and could probably work out where every image is stored. Its going to be a long long job.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 09:37 AM   #8
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Remember about having to re-upload products one thing. Your talking about some hack or mod you where using so of course there is no importer for that. It does not matter what application you go with your still going to have to upload images to that product.

Old January 3rd, 2014, 04:19 PM   #9
TransAmDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
Remember about having to re-upload products one thing. Your talking about some hack or mod you where using so of course there is no importer for that. It does not matter what application you go with your still going to have to upload images to that product.
I wasn't sure if the mod I'm using is just a way to show the images, but using the standard VBulletin storage. I've always had the mod since I've had VBulletin. We are a car club, and have many photos of many shows we have attended.

I guess my question will be, can I run a demo of your mod on my site and keep the previous gallery intact?
Old January 3rd, 2014, 04:49 PM   #10
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You can keep your mod active for viewing sure. My suggestion would be to turn off all uploading so those old photos are a reference. I would not suggest allowing people to still upload there as you want to get them to go to the new gallery for that. You can always upload your old photos to the new gallery as you wish maybe category by category as time permits. As that mod has nothing to do with our application and vb integraion you can install our gallery product and use it accordingly.