Originally Posted by Chuck S
1. There was no admin link when I logged in by that account. Also you did not sent ftp for me to even check anything out. Without ftp info it was impossible to assist you.
2. I have no idea what you mean by change username to www-data. The only requirements we have are that safe mode has to be off so that directories are created as far as permissions on most servers to allow file uploads permmissions need to be 777 some servers allow 755 but that is only a small amount so install instructions go with 777. So without you saying more what exactly you did to fix your issue you are most likely describing some specific server irequirement which has nothing to do with our script. Our script has no requirements on username etc your talking about your web server and directory ownership and permissions.
3. On the upload page there is a drop down where the admin can specify how many photos to process by page. Yes that is default 10. You can change that when you upload or edit your uploadphoto templates and specify in the select dropdown named numprocess the selected default number by moving selected="selected" under the number you want as default
4. If you are trying to create a top level category then under admin -> edit categories for that category set contains thumbs to NO.
5. If you have truly set that guests can not view photos on the gallery then they will not see them on the gallery. If they know the true url to the image sure they will see it. You have various options like using a watermark.php script to server images as well as the ability to specify a directory under the webroot to serve the main images from.
6. Not too sure what you are trying to say by your personal album question. Users upload photos to whatever categories or albums you allow. Nothing is stuck so your comment makes no sense.
7. why would an image have a no image logo unless you have problems uploading issues that your not telling us about. If you upload an image then everything should show if it does not then you need to provide specific example urls here so we can comment.
8. They can not clear there que but they can come back later and process them by clicking the number of images in the que on upload page or by submitting the upload page.
1. There was no admin link but I explicitly specified the direct link to admin page and yes, it was tested to work.
2. means I have to change the /data folder to www-data in server instead of the website owner's user name (normally). in which all of my php scripts such as vBulletin doesn't require that and yes, Photopost is the only one that require me to change it.
it's fine if you don't get it as i've fixed that.
3. That's for admin as you've mentioned, but I'd like to set the default for all users.
Even as a user I've tried selecting 100 and then clicking submit but it still process 10 images at once only.
As for this:
specify in the select dropdown named numprocess the selected default number by moving selected="selected" under the number you want as default
specify in the select dropdown???
numprocess??? -> did you mean this: $numprocess = 10; ?
selected default number (??) by moving selected="selected" (not found when I tried finding) under the number you want as default (??)
4. I'll try it out later
5. If they know the exact URL and shares with anyone on the internet, then what's the point if I restrict them from browsing the gallery?
I was expecting something like vBulletin's album which would be something like: cross.sg /attachment.php?attachmentid=1094&d=1382159881
6. Under "Members Gallery": and column "Photos": when user deletes any photo, the "photos" count is not deducted. Hence I call it "stuck".
why would an image have a no image logo unless you have problems uploading issues that your not telling us about. If you upload an image then everything should show if it does not then you need to provide specific example urls here so we can comment.
That's exactly what I wanna know. Why would that happen when a user deletes the photo from his personal album, the photo will only be deleted from his personal album but if the photo is being assigned to additional category (example "Category 1"), the user will have to delete manually because when user chose to delete from his personal album, photopost did not remove from additional category.
8. And if they decided NOT to post them anymore, how can they delete without having to post them?