I just upgraded on of my VB sites to VBG 3.01 and then I uploaded the 3.01 files and imported the plugin(overwriting it). Now I can't get access to my site with the plugin enabled. I can't even get to my vb admin area to disable it. The only way I can get to my vb admin area is by disabling the plugins in the config file.
What would cause this with the upgrade and where should I start to troubleshoot this?
Last edited by attroll; August 25th, 2013 at 05:14 PM.
What is the issue you are having? That would be the first thing I would ask.
You can definitely disable plugins by the define in VB config file. If you can not get into VB Admin with plugins disabled your issue can not be from the gallery. I believe vbulletin has a tool to reset cookie in there downloaded code.
Sorry, I did not clarify more.
After I disabled plugins form the vb config file then I can get back into my site.
Once back into my site, I disable the VBG plugin and and remove the line disabling plugins from my vb config and everything works again.
This only happens when I enable the VBG pluging. So that tell me that something is not right with the plugin.
Once I enable the plugin I can no longer access my vb admincp area.
The site does run, at least until I enable the VBG plugin. Its actually a test site that I am testing out before I upgrade my live site. If you want I can PM you the login and the ftp access to the site. Just let me know.
This was not a clean install you upgraded a vb3 site. It appears you attempted to simply update your forum and not properly upgrade the gallery
1. I could not tell whether your gallery files have been upgraded as I did not check every one but your gallery config file was stock so your gallery would not have ran I fixed the forum path in there.
2. The reason why you where getting database errors is simply. You appear to have been just manually updating xml plugins instead of actually running the vbgallery_install.php script which upgrades your database if needed and also imports the proper xml. Your database for vbGallery was still 2.5 which is why you where getting database errors you where importing manually the xml
Your site is operational now
3. However you did not copy over all the files for this old install so you will need to delete all those images etc or manually clear the images and comments tables for vbgallery in phpmyadmin.