PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old July 24th, 2013, 07:52 AM   #1
Big-Gaz

Question Renew license and questions

Hi,

We bought a license for PhotoPost Classifieds back in 2009 and our License expired on 23/10/2010 and I have just remember I bought this and may want to use it for a new project.

1. Will the $39 renew it for another year, so I can use it and download the latest version?

2. Is the $39 in USD?

3. Are you still working on PhotoPost Classifieds?

4. Can PhotoPost still be run as a Standalone script without vBulletin etc...?

5. Can I pay by PayPal or does it need to be a card payment?

6. When I renew it, it gives me a year of updates, so does that mean after that year I can still use it, if I don't update?

7. Can you have Auction (bid) and Buy Now items?

8. Is there away to setup Payment, so if someone says they win, they can pay or, is it the same as before and manual between the buyer and seller?

9. Is there away to charge for them to put an advert on the site?

10. Ref 9 If there is away to charge, can some areas be free, while others are chargeable?

11. Ref 9, if I can charge, is there away for them to pay by something like PayPal or by card?

12. If I run in standalone, does the person wanting to post the advert, have to register, where they can manage there account?

13. Is there away to run the system a bit like eBay?

14. Is there away to show how much postage is?

15. Once I have renewed my license do I get full forum access, as most of it is locked, or private.

16. Can I run a development site along side my main site, for example dev.domain-on-account.com that is private by password or something like that.

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get them all down at once.

Thanks

Last edited by Big-Gaz; July 24th, 2013 at 09:04 AM.
Big-Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

1. Will the $39 renew it for another year, so I can use it and download the latest version?

YES

2. Is the $39 in USD?

YES always we are a US company.

3. Are you still working on PhotoPost Classifieds?

YES currently I am working on 5.4 beta

4. Can PhotoPost still be run as a Standalone script without vBulletin etc...?

YES

5. Can I pay by PayPal or does it need to be a card payment?

You can pay by PAYPAL

6. When I renew it, it gives me a year of updates, so does that mean after that year I can still use it, if I don't update?

YES you just do not have any option for support or download of any more updates.

7. Can you have Auction (bid) and Buy Now items?

YES

8. Is there away to setup Payment, so if someone says they win, they can pay or, is it the same as before and manual between the buyer and seller?

There are payment settings you can setup to collect payment for posting an ad like before and buy it now uses paypal to collect payment for buy it now. If not using buy it now then it is between buyer and seller.

9. Is there away to charge for them to put an advert on the site?

Yes it has always worked this way

10. Ref 9 If there is away to charge, can some areas be free, while others are chargeable?

yes the charge you setup is per category.

11. Ref 9, if I can charge, is there away for them to pay by something like PayPal or by card?

there are the same payment processors as vbulletin to my knowledge most people use paypal.

12. If I run in standalone, does the person wanting to post the advert, have to register, where they can manage there account?

You have to register and can manage there account just like any other site out there on the net.

13. Is there away to run the system a bit like eBay?

It has alot of ebay features but it is not ebay that is a site run on its own servers so they do have some unique stuff they can do they are not designing a piece of software that has to run on all servers.

14. Is there away to show how much postage is?

There is a shipping field where the seller can put in shipping amount to add to things.

15. Once I have renewed my license do I get full forum access, as most of it is locked, or private.

YES you get one year code updates and product support.

16. Can I run a development site along side my main site, for example dev.domain-on-account.com that is private by password or something like that.

As long as it is not web accessible you can setup a temporary development site.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2014, 04:10 AM   #3
RAFA
Verified Customer

Hello, I am customer from September 25th, 2006 and always renew a license was cheaper than buying a new one, why now it cost 99$ ? I think is too much.... The difference is only 30$...
Sorry but I will now renew anymore
RAFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2014, 11:24 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

That is your choice. Our prices have always been under priced and we never have had any rate increases so after 13 years of being in business one would expect pricing to change. The prices are what they are. In my opinion the new license pricing should go up also but the owner choose to increase the services like renewal and installs/upgrades instead.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote