PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old May 27th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #1
jpietrowiak

no generate plugins link photopost pro

Ok, I have searched and search these forums and find the same information on why this would not be displayed. I cannot find the generate plugins link in admin of photopost pro and don't know why. Have just upgraded from VB3 to VB4.
Here is what I have found and double checked several times.
1) Change permissions to 777 for the xml files in install directory
2) Make sure no plugins for photopost pro in vbulletin are present.

Photopost displays correctly and links back to the user correctly on the forum. But does not log in when loggin into VB. Guessing the main purpose of plugin is to do that. What am I missing? I did do a standalone version I think in vbulletin 3, so maybe I did not set that up correclty from the start.

Please let me know any thoughts on this issue. Thanks
Jamey
jpietrowiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

The only way you will not see a generate xml plugin link in our admin is if the vb4 integration is off or you have a plugin already installed in vb with the id of pppro. That is why all old plugins need to be removed. Any plugin we released for vbulletin would have an id of pppro. If you properly follow the documentation on generating the xml plugin all proper navigation etc will appear.

As far as login I would suggest you read this thread because without more information my best guess would be this unless you changed database info when upgrading the forum.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photo...-problems.html

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #3
jpietrowiak

Hi Chuck,
I figured out what was the problem. I can repeat it simply by turning one option on then off. Then refreshing the page. Under Administration click edit integration, then in the page look for "Do you want to enable the vBulletin headers, footers and styles?" Change this to YES then the text shows under General in top left box "Generate vB/Xenforo"

I looked through upgrade instructions for photopost831 and do not see anything that says you have to have that enabled. So not sure if the assumption that it always is or was supposed to be from my last integration.

Also another thing I see and not sure why it is. The setting for "User Registration System" is set at "vb3" I tried changing it to vb4 and says file not found. I even looked in the directory forum of photopost zip file and there is no vb4.php file. Is there supposed to be? Or is it supposed to stay at vb3?

Thanks
Jamey
Old May 29th, 2013, 08:03 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Jamey as I noted in many threads here on this subject that link is only going to show if you have the integration on so yes that is correct. We are not going to show a generate an xml plugin for vb if your not turning on the vb integration or the plugin is already installed.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #5
jpietrowiak

I guess I don't feel that the turn on integration is as clear as it should be as it seems like enabling a header and footer text is not enabling integration just a cosmetic thing. I think the upgrade file does not even mention anything about checking this setting or doing anything with header and footer other then you do not need to upload the file.

Also what about the vb3 setting I mentioned in my last post?
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

The integration file for vbulletin 3 4 or 5 is vb3.php so when you install we set things correctly. There is no hand editing needed. On install the last step is setting all the forum stuff and turning on the enhanced vb integration. If you set the stuff under edit integration the forum and gallery paths urls and turn on the vb headers footers then you will see a generate an xml link. As noted in the upgrade and install documentation the install folder must exist and the xml files must be set to 777. You then generate the plugins.

Quote:
IMPORTANT - FOR VBULLETIN 4 ONLY. New plugins included in download.

In the install directory set permissions on the file product_pppro.xml, source-vb4.xml and source-vb42.xml files to 777

2. Go to your photopost admin panel ( http://www.yoursite.com/gallery/adm-index.php )and hit the option to generate vbulletin plugin xml. That file will download to your computer.

3. Go into your vbulletin admin panel and under plugins & products select the option to manage products. You can then use the add/import product option
and upload the xml file you downloaded to your computer called product_pppro.xml file. Once that is done your forum will show gallery content.

4. Thats it your done!!