PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old April 4th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #1
alpha-mat

Question Current demo of Photopost & vbgallery

Hello there,

i have an vbulletin 4.2 and i am interessted in your products.

But i can not find any current demo which shows me in an live system how are the products working and showing up?!

The prices of your products are very high and without testing - thats not good.

maybe you should update here in the system to a newer vbulletin or create here links for user & admin demo for the current version releases that interessted cusstomers can look it up and test it

Thanks for the links that i can see everything
alpha-mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 08:01 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Our system is vb3 here because that is what the owner likes to run that is his choice. The current demo here is very valid no matter what version of vb it uses. We still integrate the same way in vb4.

Our application is half the cost of your forum so it is far from expensive. There is no commercial gallery that offers the features our does for anywhere near the price.

There are examples on our site under customer galleries

A community photo gallery - ReefTalk Gallery

That is my test vb4 site.

PhotoPost PHP Photo Sharing Software Gallery Example Galleries

Any of the example sites should show you what our software is. vb4 integration means we load the vb header footer around our application use its style and navigation. Look here we do the same thing with our latest versions with the xenforo forums

A community photo gallery - My Photo Gallery

That should show you what integration does since you can compare sites and see.

There are pictures and a comparison with vbgallery listed here but I would not choose that software. It really is not in active development and with the impending release of vb5 that product line is obsolete.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #3
alpha-mat

Wink

Dear Chuck,

thanks for your reply.

The product is good thats correct but when i compare with other vb-premium products its nearlly the most expensive one.

I had a look trough the customer gallery but most what you found there is vb3/photopost - i do not like the vb3 style.

Do you have a demo of vbgallery and vb4 ? Is there also an development of this product? Because i read here all the time about photopost pro - i like more the style of vbgallery because its more like vbulletin

Or is there a possibility to change more the look of photopost pro? Because a issue is for me that there is no good SEO with vbgallery - the system does not transfer the correct names - there is just with photoXX instead of name like in photopost pro.

The category style in your photopost pro vb4 demo is like a forum - there is vbgallery better - is there a possiblity to change the style more for photopost pro?

As well do you have a Vb5 demo ?

And what is also very interessting for me -> ADMIN Demo

Thanks,
mat
Old April 4th, 2013, 08:55 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

We are not a vb premium product maybe thats the problem your trying to compare pricing to vb mods. We are not a mod or hack. I was referring to comparing us to commercial gallery products not vb mods.

vbGallery is not actively developed as noted in my last reply. Since we do not have customers tell us what integration type they use it is hard to show exact examples. Here is one I found but its arabic

ÇáÈæã ÕæÑ ÞÈíáÉ Âá Èä Úáí

My example with Pro shows how that product integrates and for the record style wise there is no difference between Pro and vbGallery they both use the same style matching.

You can see all our products integrate with vbulletin 4 perfectly. What better to show you then a default vb4 setup.

There is no admin demo sorry.

We do integrate with vb5 but not vbgallery as I said.

http://omegatron.net/photos/

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old April 4th, 2013, 09:13 AM   #5
alpha-mat

Question

Hello Chuck,

yes we had there a different way of thinking . i also thought that you compare with other gallery products for vbulletin or smiliar.

I have read the sentence after posting regarding the vbgallery EOL

Is there a styling possibility to get the photopost pro category view more like in vbgallery? - because this is now the only optical thing what is disturbing me - the view of the current release (i hope its on your link what you have posted for me vb4/photopost pro) is much better then the old view here at the page - it looks nearly like an forum.

I have also an additional question regarding integration and standalone - for example when i have installed the system with integration to vbulletin and decide for example in one year i want to use the photopost as standalone - is there a way back without losing content?

As well - can i install the photopost pro in his own directory and match it with its own domain - but also integrate it with vbulletin? and get the styling of it?

Regarding multilingual is also for 8.3 ? (german, english is important for me) - as well fully SEO/friendly url featured and compatible with vbseo? As well is there a way of sitemap integration of photopost pro?

Thanks,
mat
Old April 4th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I beleive if I am following what your saying you want to see the OLD forum style listing that is a feature you can turn that on or off. I prefer the new modern layout.

To use vbulletin header footer the gallery can be in its own directory but the applications need to be on the same server and preferably the same domain name if you want logins to be integrated where your not logging in everywhere.

PhotoPost has multiple languages and has its own SEO URLS. vbSEO has nothing to do with any product but vbulletin as thats a vb mod.

If you integrate with vbulletin then your users are from vbulletin not our product so you could later install the gallery as a standalone but you would have to write some custom script to import the forum users into PhotoPost.

Old June 11th, 2013, 03:59 AM   #7
alpha-mat

Question Style of photopost pro 8.3 ..

Hello Chuck,

i love the vbgallery view and very vbulletin styling - but you have announced that the development is stopped

So i have have a question regarding the photopost pro category styling - for example here:

reeftalk com gallery g504-reefs . html Reefs - ReefTalk Gallery

Is it possible to fix the "view - with titles" option as default?!

Because I dont like the standard view with a big text/info directly under the picture.

and here

reeftalk . com gallery s500-members-galleries . html

is there also another styling available like the "view - with titles" ?

As well is there another styling of the Gallery Main page at photopost pro which is more like vbgallery - because the standard style is like a forum and not like a gallery - i hope there is something possible with stylings ?!

Or do you have a admin demo anywhere to get more answers regarding photopost pro 8.3 ? To get more information

The rest of the gallery is very nice - for me there are just styling issues - maybe there are solutions in the forum here but i can not look into it - access not allowed to get more answers there

Thanks for your answer
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:13 AM   #8
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Quote:
Is it possible to fix the "view - with titles" option as default?!
You can show the full gallery view or a thumbnail with title or even just a thumbnail.

Quote:
is there also another styling available like the "view - with titles" ?
There is an alternate view called list format

Members Galleries - ReefTalk Gallery

The styling we use in Pro is the same as vbGallery they are just different products. You can turn on or off many features in Pro like your talking about the info under thumbnails for instance you can turn off showing comment numbers or views or filesize under Show Photo Options.

Old June 11th, 2013, 08:53 AM   #9
alpha-mat

Question style changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
The styling we use in Pro is the same as vbGallery they are just different products. You can turn on or off many features in Pro like your talking about the info under thumbnails for instance you can turn off showing comment numbers or views or filesize under Show Photo Options.
Thanks - is it then possible to give the photopost pro via settings in the admincp the same/similar styling like vbgallery ? To set this all by default?

As well what is here in the board available in the mod corners? Will i find there hacks/modifications similar as for vbulletin product in vbulletin.org from users to users ? To give the product a better feeling like the user/customer wants to see it looks like?!

Thanks
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #10
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

See here we are lost in semantics. Pro is not going to be vbGallery so not sure what your trying to say here. Your saying styling of vbgallery yet Pro uses the same style class structure as vbGallery. Pro has lots of options way more than vbGallery and the style of Pro matches that of the forum probally better than vbGallery since that product has not been developed in 3 years.

I am not sure what your asking here as far as styling.

There is a different index layout as well where the categories are listed in a tree format on the sidebar as well.

The mod corner is a place where users can interact with other users and discuss mods etc.

Old June 11th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #11
alpha-mat

Question

ok lets ask in another way maybe then its more clear

For example for category in photopost pro i prefer the "view - with titles"

-> is it possible to set this via admincp as default or only viewable option in frontend

or

Main page gallery view - as in your link the main page of gallery looks in photopost pro like a forum view - is it possible via settings in admincp to change this view more like the vbgallery mainpage is look like?

Thanks
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #12
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I already answered all this I beleive in my above replies. You can set your category view to be various different formats. See there is thumbnail with just title. The index as well you have the forum style cats list or the tree view. vbGallery only displays categories in a forum style format only. As stated Pro has tons more features. The stuff your talking about is not styling it is options. Styling to me is CSS.

Reefs - ReefTalk Gallery

Old June 12th, 2013, 04:22 AM   #13
alpha-mat

Question

hello,

no problem - we talking about the same with other words

Please one additional question - is there a possibility to show the photopost pro system without vbulletin headers - for example for user which are only interessted in gallery without the rest of the other community/network - I would like to have via a seperate domain2 with the "Apache vHost" feature only photopost pro there available - but the system should use the vbulletin user database/should be integrated into the rest of the other network/domain1 - if users from domain1 want to use the gallery but then see it via domain with vbulletin headers and user vom domain2 without

-> maybe with an extra style sheet for this Apache vHost domain or something similar?!

That would be great - I know thats a very special option but maybe there is a solution for this

Last edited by alpha-mat; June 12th, 2013 at 04:47 AM.
Old June 12th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #14
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

There is no switch to say show the gallery without the headers footers for one person but not show it for another. I do not think I have ever heard someone in the decade photopost has existed ever ask such a question.

Your option is global. You either use the vb headers footers around the gallery or do not.

Old June 13th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #15
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

If you need some more vb4 examples let me know I linked my site which is a clean default vb4 install.

Old June 27th, 2013, 05:45 AM   #16
alpha-mat

Hey Chuck,

Thanks - i have an question, is there an Sitemap Feature?!

Do you have an photopost 8.3 standalone Demo?!

Thx
Old June 27th, 2013, 07:28 AM   #17
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

There is a mod in the mod forum for sitemap.

As far as a standalone example you can go here

A community photo gallery - My Photo Gallery