PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old April 1st, 2013, 07:03 PM   #1
Alfa1
Verified Customer

html5, jquery, php5.5?

I wonder if you are considering to implement into Photopost Pro:
  • schema.org / html5 rich snippets (this would allow images and discussions to appear higher in Google and with the appropriate ratings
  • modern jQuery interfaces / viewers
  • php 5.5 and mysql 5.6 compatibility

I know that in the past you were not planning to do so, but I hope that this has changed. It would really enhance PP.
Alfa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:34 PM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I do not think you have ever heard us say we where never going to support php or mysql

In fact we have addressed most anything brought up thus far as far as compatiblilty

I have not seen any discussion here on html5 or schema.org so can not comment at this time as I have not looked into what your saying although I will do reading on what might be pertinent on for our products.

As far as jquery or the like our application uses lots of jquery ajax features and we update and introduce new features as we can implement them without breaking anything else. Like we introduced Photo Tagging in 8.3. Will our application operate like Facebook no that i know we have said. Other than that is it all about adding functionality without breaking away with what our application is and the core features.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:55 PM   #3
Alfa1
Verified Customer

The implementation of basic schema.org markup is not too difficult. Its a matter of adding a few html5 tags here and there so that google understands what the purpose of an element is. Like ratings for example, which then show up on google search.

Regarding javascript features: this is not so much related to resemble facebook, but more to make a leap into modern interfaces in general. So that browsing galleries, viewing images, rating and commenting will become modern, intuitive and more pleasant.
Alfa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 09:04 PM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

yeah I can look at the html5 thing not read too much up on it been busy supporting photo tagging vb5 and the new full enhanced xenforo integration.

Remember anything we add or do we have to support across multiple platoforms and not break anything else that is why you have seen what ajax and jquery stuff we do support added as it can be if possible and done without breaking other things. Our product is never going to break with its core features such as integrating with many different products to give people a seamless community experience.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 04:54 PM   #5
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

A community photo gallery - My Photo Gallery

Pretty much been working on an html 5 version still have some things to work out but you can let me know what you think.