PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old June 16th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #1
The Travels

Joomla

Can I intergrate your photo post product into a joomla 1.5 or joomla 2.5 website.
The Travels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

The integrations we support are listed on our website.

PhotoPost PHP Photo Sharing Gallery - Product Details

There is no joomla integration.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #3
shadowdancer36

Send a message via Yahoo to shadowdancer36
I haven't logged into this acct since 2008? Wow (lol) I was hoping that Vbgallery (awe I remember when it was just photopost) have grown a bit. But it feels like I've went back in time or something.

Everything seem to be pretty much the same. I was praying you guys had at least made it integrate with Joomla by now. I think it used to be compatible with Mambo. So what happened? You guys have a great idea here. Just need to catch up to 2012 with some of the social features people wish to have etc.

Right now I know for a fact the Joomla community would embrace Photopost with open arms. It's something that I have yet to find!
shadowdancer36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I think you have your products confused. vbGallery only works with vbulletin. PhotoPost Pro is the standalone gallery which integrates with 20 different products. We do support mambo but not joomla.

I also think you have not read up much as lots have happened here if your saying nothing has happened. We have social features in PP8 where you can share with various social networks like facebook,twitter etc

006 - Omegatron Gallery

Supporting new integrations is not really on the top most part of our lists as we already support way too many to keep up with. Now with that said just a few points on that. Since 2008 we have released 3 new integrations I beleive ( xenforo, wordpress and vb4 ). 90% or more of our customers use either vbulletin or standalone installs which means the time to create an integration a couple people may use does not warrant an integration. I know I have done that. I did xenforo and wordpress and there is no real increase. Everyone says this there is this huge customer base but it never turns into reality.

The application itself has lots of new features and a look overhaul that is where we spent alot of time producing the best application out there for the buck. You can not hands down find a gallery with the integration and features for the price.

I am not opposed to writing a joomla integration if I ever get some time but there would need to be some real help with someone on the joomla development team.

I know I tried writing an integration back when the application was new but I found there code to be messy and hard to follow. The tricky part with joomla is how they do there password or is it how they set and read cookies maybe. It is something along those lines which is a bear to deal with. If you know one of the devs who can clear up how they do that then we may be able to do something but honestly speaking I do not have months of free time to tear apart any more applications.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is online now   Reply With Quote