PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:57 PM   #1
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Mobile Viewing

Okay need some opinions here as I only have so many mobile phones here. I am working on finding the best way to support mobile viewing.

The new PP8 java mobile viewer is lacking so we are playing with various css and html options. I have a couple sites one a standalone and one a vb4 site just need to get some feedback.

1. This site is hard coded as a mobile for anyone viewing it

A community photo gallery - Omegatron Gallery

2. This site you have to view with a mobile to see the mobile style. I am trying to maintain our galleries ability to still use the various forum styles and not have everything hard coded to a different style than the site normally uses.

A community photo gallery - ReefTalk Gallery

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:38 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

really no one has any opinions and it has been a week

I also have been playing with classifieds as well with this same thing

Main Index - PhotoPost Classifieds

and

Main Index - Reeftalk Classifieds

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old June 14th, 2012, 06:50 AM   #3
delfi_r
Verified Customer

I've missed this message, I'll try with my iPod as soon as I get it and ask some people with iPads
delfi_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 09:14 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

No big deal Classifieds 5.0 is out

I tried to keep functionality the same with the mobile version we will see and tweak as needed. We tested with a couple droids and and ipad I think. Michael has an ipad for sure.

The display should be decent but always can be tweaked. If you see anything let me know

Old July 11th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #5
ghinton
Verified Customer

Is there a way so that mobile doesn't automatically override everything? I am integrated into vB 4 and have mobile viewing disabled, but it still switches me to a mobile template on my iPhone
ghinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

That would be strange since I beleive we only load the mobile if you turn it on in admin

what happens if you surround the define for is_mobile with this if clause in pp-inc.php

Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.

Old July 22nd, 2012, 10:59 AM   #7
ghinton
Verified Customer

It didn't work for me. My iPhone loads the default 8 template, and not the integrated vbulletin/layout
ghinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2012, 12:06 PM   #8
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You need to use 8.11 that is the version that will help with that

Old October 1st, 2012, 10:18 AM   #9
keithk
Verified Customer

Just saw this thread. I suppose a lot of people didn't see it because mobile is today, it's tomorrow and it's here to stay. The importance of this feature/function is no doubt an imperative.

My users have been screaming for mobile upload capabilities for a few years now, and while we technically have it, the process needs to be streamlined and more like a (dare I say it) Facebook type of process to make it simple. If it's not convenient and easy, they won't use it.

Some comments and input:

I prefer your 2nd site, and I would personally probably disable the left column to save space, which I believe you already have as an option in the Admin Panel.

But when I click on a picture, I get a white screen on both mobile device, tablet (Android) and my desktop. Not sure why the image is not displayed. This happens on my current site as well.

I'd prefer to see admin options stacked vertically at the bottom of screen, or ideally at top as a pull down menu item that would pull out an Android menu. Ideally, replace all individual menu items with "pull down" type menu's and submenus. While people can turn their mobile devices and tablets sideways, it's still better to stack content and menus vertical IMO.

With the extreme proliferation of mobile devices now, and explosive growth, this really should be the #1 priority for development effort, but again, that's just my opinion.
keithk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:42 AM   #10
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

When viewing any site on a mobile there is no sidebar. Certain options are disabled by default.

Not sure what your issue viewing an image is if I go to any of my sites or our site here or any number of photopost sites I know of off the top of my head and the mobile interface is turned on I can see a photo.

If your site is the one I think of I see nothing on your site as you have removed all viewing permissions to guests. Is it cbpba? Maybe try reuploading the mobile templates? I can see photos if I log in.

The menu suggestion is a good one

As far as your last comment we can only do our best as we are a small company and mobile viewing in general is a small portion of viewing in our product. Most people would view on a computer especially when dealing with viewing photos thats just my IMO and backed up by internet stats.

We do out best considering we are an extremely small company.

Old October 1st, 2012, 11:46 AM   #11
keithk
Verified Customer

No doubt you guys do a good job Chuck, and I completely understand the niche and priorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithk View Post
But when I click on a picture, I get a white screen on both mobile device, tablet (Android) and my desktop. Not sure why the image is not displayed. This happens on my current site as well.
Sorry, should have been more specific. When I select view in Mobile Style, I get the blank white screen when trying to view an actual image on any device. If I'm in the desktop view mode (Standard VB4 Style), it works. I'll have a look at the templates at some point, just have a lot of work to do to tailor things at the moment.
keithk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:50 PM   #12
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Keith our application has its own mobile switch we do not use the vb mobile thing.

Your gallery try making sure under your admin options enable mobile viewing is turned on. I run a vb4 site so I know it works. Our mobile style to be compatible with every last one of the integrations we support uses our styles header footers. You can design a style that closely matches the color scheme of vb we have many but its not going to load vb.

vb itself is a very scaled down thing and thats basically what we do as well. We scale down the features and view to make things work in a mobile environment.

Old October 8th, 2012, 04:16 AM   #13
komal212

mobile viewer

will you please telll me that which software is used by you ..??
btw important information:
Three different levels of image quality and resolution.
View video in full screen by rotating to landscape.
komal212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #14
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

The application we are talking about here is PhotoPost Pro and can be purchased here.

PhotoPost Pro / vBGallery License

Old November 5th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #15
amber_sey01

I saw that it is running on $20 off. Now you made me think of purchasing it.
amber_sey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 06:50 AM   #16
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Yes the pricing is discounted some.