PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old April 3rd, 2012, 04:47 AM   #1
b6gm6n

Cool 7.0.2 featured thumbs

Hi...

I've just uploaded some files to a new category and all is good, but for one thing, in the recent sections of my gallery i can see the new files uploaded, but not on my main page where i have a copy of the recent files display for my portal... have i got a query wrong? for it not to include the new uploads...

As i say the main gallery is fine... I bet I'm using an older recent-script from an older PP install on my main page with a query thats missing my new category...

any advice would be a boon, cheers
b6gm6n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 04:53 AM   #2
b6gm6n

btw... these new files I've uploaded are set to be 'video' files... with thumbs, all uploaded ok and set to play inline using flow player... just need to know why the recent images do not show using that older recent-files include, anyhew cheers
Old April 3rd, 2012, 07:52 AM   #3
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

If you are trying to discuss a code modification you would need to post in the mod corner.

If you have a question about the supported product that has to do with the support of the actual product you can post in the support forums although you say your gallery is fine.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 01:38 PM   #4
b6gm6n

Yeah i will do when i upgrade... gallery is fine, manages to play videos well, i needed to change the embed_fla template and some files to use flv video... using flowplayer... i'll try making another template for mp4 video and widescreen etc... I was asked by some of my members yesterday to save the videos we had on our site using another dedicated video script with cost hundreds of $$$ and for which i needed a new server for (video encoding etc) and it was ok... drained my bandwidth and one person stole the entire video collection we had and uploaded them all to a so called 'tube-site'... even though it was hooked onto the vbulletin group permissions... anyway i could of saved time and money using photopost instead... we live and learn eh? cheers
Old April 3rd, 2012, 05:04 PM   #5
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

yeah I hear ya you always want to protect your stuff as much as possible.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old April 5th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #6
b6gm6n

Yes it's got to be protected... thankfully now I've got secure video streaming for photopost using flowplayer just with apache...

I found a couple of guides and adapted them for photopost video playback, i was going to post a tutorial on it... i didn't want people accessing my flv/mp4 video files via direct download or via embedding on external sites etc so using htaccess and a secure-plugin for flowplayer and a php file and a couple of modified photopost templates i can now watch our members videos without worry...

Flash/flv get to play with a modified template (embed_fla) and if an MP4 video is loaded another template is loaded to play it wide-screen etc.... one little tweak in pp_inc for that... but the rest was ok, the flash player is an object embed and using vars sends a secure token and a time-stamp to a php file located in the secure video directory which then opens up the file to flowplayer...

Works well in photopost and it's protected!
I'll post up a tutorial when i upgrade to PP 8
Old April 6th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #7
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

any video that is embedded is protected by default. The only thing we need to add is a flv player that can be included free in a commercial application.