PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old June 26th, 2011, 12:38 AM   #1
scraporchard
Verified Customer

Exclamation Customer "Support" Fail

So, I renewed my Photopost Pro license on.. Wednesday, I believe. I sent an email Thursday asking when my account would be updated to reflect the renewal so I could upgrade our software.... it is Saturday evening, and my account still has not been upgraded and I have not received a response back from customer support.

I have enough problems, as it is, with the software itself never working quite right... but it really irks me, that I have paid so I can upgrade (the weekends being the only *good* time for me) and I am unable to do so.

I do hate airing these things in public, but when I cannot get a response... this really is my only other solution. My next step is to open a dispute with PayPal. I expect to have my account updated to reflect the payment I made and access to download the newest version of Photopost Pro no later than 11AM (Pacific) Sunday, June 26.
scraporchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 01:09 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

actually that would not be customer support that is sales you want to contact. You can use the contact us link in our site header to contact them if you want. I would assume that your email or transaction never was recieved by them as I would assume they are not going to turn down money

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 01:20 AM   #3
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Now I do not work for sales can not process orders or anything like that but I did do some investigating.

License 24009 was renewed on the 21st at 12:16 am which by my calculations meant you renewed your license on Monday

Anyway they processed your order. I beleive you might be confused some on which login details to use as I show you own 4 licenses. You can from the members area if you are already logged in logout. Hit the forgot password link there which takes you to the page to input the email on your license. Make sure to enter the paypal email you used as two of your licenses are assigned to that email. The last set of sign in details you get via email when you submit your query will be the members area credentials you want to use.

The reason you keep not being able to download is your signing in with license details of a license that indeed does not have access to download the software instead of your license which can.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:08 AM   #4
scraporchard
Verified Customer

Thanks, Chuck. I did use the Contact form when submitting my request.

I have access to 3 of the 4.. not exactly sure why there is a fourth license, as I used the Renew Expired License link on the correct account when I paid and it's for the same domain.
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:49 AM   #5
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

The members area renewal is $39.00 you purchased a new license. I found your email and they indeed replied to you maybe it got kicked as spam.

Quote:
Kami:

Thank you for your order! You did not purchase a $39 Renew Member's Area Access. You bought a new, $129 PhotoPost Pro License #xxxxxx, which was issued 6/21/2011 12:16 AM CST and sent to the email address on the order form, xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

This is not correct?

PhotoPost Customer Service

Old June 26th, 2011, 07:53 AM   #6
scraporchard
Verified Customer

So I need to pay $39.00 to get access to support for a product I already purchased?!
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:58 AM   #7
scraporchard
Verified Customer

Well since this is the only forum I have access to... I am trying to upgrade and well, the option to upgrade from 7.03 to 7.1 is not available.. the last option I have is: Upgrade 6.2x to 7.0.
Old June 26th, 2011, 08:06 AM   #8
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Kami

This is all explain on our site here. One owned license grants you the right to run one software installation on one domain for an unlimited time, and purchasing an owned license gives you access to our members download area and support for one year. After that year yes you need to purchase a members area renewal if you want updates or support. Those do not continue forever. Your license is good forever meaning if the last version you had was 6.2 you can run that for 75yrs and never pay another dime.

To upgrade from 7.03 you simply upload the changed files. There is a complete change log in the documentations folder of the download.

Old June 26th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #9
scraporchard
Verified Customer

So, to renew the license it is only $39.00? Why is it when I clicked on the renew license link, it was processed as a new license? There is seriously something wrong with the purchasing process.

Do I need to purchase support for an additional $39.00 or do y'all need to refund me $90?

I need access to the forums to fix some of the bugs.. so, please tell me exactly what it is that is needed to get this resolved.
Old June 26th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #10
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Kami

There is nothing wrong with the process. The link to renew access simply takes you to the purchase page, you would have selected the service you wanted to buy. You choose to buy a new license not a renew. You can email sales about any way to fix your overpayment mistake like I said I have nothing to do with sales.

As far as our software there are no open bugs. To gain support your forum email must match the license email that is on a license in good standing. This is explained on the announcement that appears at the top of all the support forums. Right now your license in good standing is under that paypal email. Your forum account is not.

Old June 26th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #11
scraporchard
Verified Customer

Thank you, I have contacted them.
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:28 AM   #12
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Yep its sunday and about 730 am where they are so they will reply but probally not for awhile

Old June 27th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #13
scraporchard
Verified Customer

They were very prompt in replying and refunded the overpayment. Thank you, PhotoPost.
Old June 27th, 2011, 10:59 PM   #14
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

yep usually are provided its not bedtime