PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old May 9th, 2011, 09:45 AM   #1
PaulK
Verified Customer

CSS problem

I tried posting this earlier today and cannot find the tread now, maybe because I added a link to my site

I'm having problems with the toplinks menu on my vBulletin site moving when anyone clicks on the Gallery link in the main menu. I need to get this resolved as soon as possible, how can it be fixed?
PaulK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

well I guess what exactly issue your issue. I might be able to assist but doesnt sound like a product support issue since your talking about a vb navbar. vbGallery properly installs a functional vb link. Pro if you install the vb mod to show pro stuff on your forum although thats not a support code it will install correct navbar button.

If your not using any of those proper code structures that could be your issue. In vb4 one has to properly configure a proper navbar link for the forum to know the proper navbar button that is suppose to be active. How about showing us an actual link to your site and describe your exact issue.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:07 PM   #3
PaulK
Verified Customer

Ok thank you, Chuck. Here is the address to my site panaworldphotography[dot]com , I guess I do not have enough posts here yet to add a direct link. Everything works fine except when clicking on "Gallery".
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #4
PaulK
Verified Customer

BTW, I paid to have PhotoPost installed on a different vBulletin style and the text field for making comments on photos was too dark to see what you were writing, so I switched to the current them you see now. I would love for PP to work with either style, particularly the one I am using now.

Last edited by PaulK; May 9th, 2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old May 9th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #5
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

A community photo gallery - PANA WORLD PHOTOGRAPHY Gallery

I see no issues with your gallery navbar link it takes you to the gallery and is highlighted when viewing the gallery and the sub menu links are gallery ones.

Like I said I would have to see your custom style issue but basically if there are style colors that are conflicting making things hard to view the fix is going to be by altering the actual forum style colors.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old May 9th, 2011, 02:28 PM   #6
PaulK
Verified Customer

Chuck, the problem is when someone clicks on the "Gallery" link in the main menu, the toplinks menu that contains the Facebook connect button, Registration, My Profile and other links moves to the top left where it should not be.

I attached a screenshot so you can see what is happening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sitescreenshot.jpg (79.0 KB, 4 views)
Old May 9th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #7
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I would suspect that there is some type of relative image link in the css to some graphic that might not be loading correctly over another location like the gallery as the image is not found. That would be my best guess without actually seeing the page source. I use a default vb4 style and the facebook button appears where it should there. Thats why viewing the actual issue is the correct action here to see the css issue.

Old May 9th, 2011, 03:18 PM   #8
PaulK
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
Thats why viewing the actual issue is the correct action here to see the css issue.
How can that be done?

Why is this only happening when viewing the gallery and not any other page on the site?
Old May 9th, 2011, 07:37 PM   #9
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.
Your issue is with your css stylesheet. Your using style class names which are the same as vb scripts so we auto rewrite script names with the forum url so you see whats happening

You can rename your css style class name from memberBox to userBox in your css stylesheet and then in your header template change the class memberBox to userBox.

Old May 9th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #10
PaulK
Verified Customer

You are awesome, Chuck! That fixed the issue, thank you very much.
Old May 9th, 2011, 09:13 PM   #11
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Yep once you can see the problem its generally an easy fix. Totally a common thing with custom styles.