PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old March 11th, 2011, 08:31 AM   #1
High Heels

Search Option Criteria

When searching, I see all the different options on where to look:

Search title only
Search Title & Description
Search all fields
Search comments.... etc.

My question is when you add the 6 "Additional Fields" in the "Edit Categories" are the words you enter into the "extra text field #1" search-able when choosing "Search all fields"? I have drop downs (thanks!) in my bulkupload.tmp for the 6 extra fields -- are those words/phrases I've entered also search-able?

I've tried different test to figure this out, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Can you define which fields are searchable?

As always thanks for the help....
High Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 09:16 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You can discuss code mods outside our product support forums in THE MOD CORNER. From a company perspective we do not support code modification.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 09:54 AM   #3
High Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
You can discuss code mods outside our product support forums in THE MOD CORNER. From a company perspective we do not support code modification.
Okay, but I wasn't asking about modifying the code. I was just trying to get some clarification on exactly how the search parameters work. It's a bit unclear to me, even after testing it on the site. If you still want me to post there I will?
Old March 11th, 2011, 10:07 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

If I go to the search page here. I can type in blue as a test and I can click to search just a title or title and description or all searchable fields in the photos table relative and return results. If your using the 6 main extra fields then all fields which is the default should always be used. If you have a value on your site in one of those fields and use all fields then results will be found. If you choose to limit things to comments a title or a description then you are choosing not to search extra fields thats why your results would vary

Search - PhotoPost Photo Gallery

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old March 11th, 2011, 12:58 PM   #5
High Heels

Okay, so only the fields are search able, not the titles before the fields. One more question please... Can I add to the text that appears automatically on the "Search Galleries" page..

Example: "Fill in the fields below to execute a search" -- can I add to this if I want to give an example on how to type in a search field or expand on the sentence in general?

Also, there are other pages that generate automatically, like the agree to terms, etc. where can these be changed?

Thanks for your patience and understanding of my limited ability to understand how this all works.
Old March 11th, 2011, 01:59 PM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

yes only actual entered data can be searched for.

You can edit your search templates as you wish however you wish them to display or work. That can be done through admin edit templates. You can edit language phrases in the english language file under the languages directory. How or what you do we can not tell you.