PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #1
dynotech
Verified Customer

Upgrade to latest VBgallery killed my vbavanced and vbulletin

Sorry for posting here but I can't reply of make a new post in the other forums.

I am in a world of hurt. After upgrading to the latest vbgallery it killed my entire site, vbulletin, vbgallery, vbadvanved. I saw this post

http://www.photopost.com/forum/insta...g-2-4-3-a.html

And did these steps:

Did you try and install the gallery with the xml file versus running the install script?

My suggestion is to do this.

1. via SQL DELETE any products for vbgallery from the products table and in the plugins table delete any vbgallery plugins.

2. Clear the datastore table and from your vbulletin download upload in the do not upload folder upload the tools.php file and run it and select the rebuilt bitcache from the datastore part. delete tools.php off the server

3. you would then be able to login and go to adminpanel and run the vbgallery_install.php file to install the gallery

When I get to step 3 all I see in cpadmin is import and advertisements. No other admin areas. I did get the forums back up and working but vbadvanced and vbgallery are dead. Site is http://www.raf662.com
dynotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #2
dynotech
Verified Customer

Ok I uploaded all my 3.8.3 file and did a final upgrade and got my nav links back and vbadvanced.

Now in the gallery I get:

ning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/raf662c/public_html/gallery/gallery_global.php on line 263

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/raf662c/public_html/gallery/gallery_global.php on line 263

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/raf662c/public_html/gallery/gallery_global.php on line 263

Alert: The gallery is currently turned off!

Also that I do not have permission to view.

What should I do now? Getting sql errors anytime someone tries to go to the gallery.

I am nervous about how to proceed to get the galley back now.
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #3
dynotech
Verified Customer

Also the gallery admincp link is gone. Obviously the upgrade did not finish but don't want to run the upgrade again and be back at square one again.
Old July 26th, 2010, 02:00 PM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Now that you have everything up besides gallery have you tried uploading all the gallery files and running the install script and select upgrade?

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #5
dynotech
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
Now that you have everything up besides gallery have you tried uploading all the gallery files and running the install script and select upgrade?
Yup and it blew up with the sql error in the post I refered to. Had to do the clear sql tables and datastore, redo bitchache and reinstall vb. But this time it caused other issues and I had to uninstall vbgallery using the upgrade/install scripot to get things back. Now i'm twice bitten and way shy.
Old July 26th, 2010, 05:37 PM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

which errors are you referring to post 2?

please post a link as all I see is coppermine

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old July 26th, 2010, 08:19 PM   #7
dynotech
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
which errors are you referring to post 2?

please post a link as all I see is coppermine
I uninstalled vbgallery. I used the uninstall option with the 2.51 vbgallery package. Its gone for the most part. I renamed the /gallery directory just to save the image files. The gallery link is set to my old coppermine. Most of my images are in coppermine. So I figure its beter and cleaner to start with a new install. Worry about a small amount of user images later.

Right now I just want to clean up residuals with the vbgallery that might interfere with a new install. And I desperately want to avoid any critical sql errors as it's a real PITA to recover.

I don't know of anything trying to pull from whatever is left of the vbgallery except for users that link an image in their tagline for the forums.
Old July 26th, 2010, 09:00 PM   #8
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

well if you used the uninstall and it worked everything as far as vbgallery should be properly uninstalled so a clean install should work fine.