PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2010, 02:40 AM   #1
vkrm
Verified Customer

Übernahme von Coppermine-Fotos aus Album ohne Bridge zu vBulletin

Fragen in Deutsch, um sicher zu gehen, dass ich mich richtig ausdrücke:

Ich war schon einmal hier, direkt nach dem erfolgreichen Aufbau unseres vB-Forums im Sommer 2008. Nach dem andere Projekte viel Arbeit gemacht haben, soll nun endlich das damals angesprochene Vorhaben in die Tat umgesetzt werden.
Um vor dem Kauf sicher zu stellen, dass auch alles funktioniert, hier noch mal eine der Fragen detallierter, um sicher zu gehen, dass ich nicht falsch denke:

Forum seit 2008 (aktuell V3.8.4): www.rocket3.org/board/
In Kürze soll das Upgrade auf V4 stattfinden. Es gibt einige wenige User, die haben auch Alben/Fotos im Kontrollzentrum von vB drin.

Coppermine - Fotoalbum seit 2006 (aktuell 1.4.24): www.rocket3.org/album
Dieses Fotoalbum hat keine Bridge zum Forum, weil es schon vorher existierte. Allerdings haben die meisten User dort den gleichen Namen wie im Forum.

Wenn ich nun Photopost kaufe, dann sollen
a) Die Integration in vB4 erfolgen. Das ist ja sicherlich voll gegeben?
b) Alle Fotos in den vB-Alben nach Photopost überführt werden. Wenn ich die englischen Threads hier richtig verstehen, ist auch das überhaupt kein Problem - richtig?
c) Zukünftig sollen die User nur noch das Photopost-Album benutzen können; wie mache ich das? Deaktiviert man die Albenfunktion in vB irgendwie oder kann Photopost die Albenfunktion im Kontrollzentrum automatisch auf sich umleiten?
d) In dem Coppermine-Album sind über 3.000 Fotos drin. Diese sollen auch alle nach Photopost überführt werden. Nun stellt sich vor allem bei den privaten User-Alben die Frage, wie die nach Photopost übertragen werden können (wie gesagt, gibt es keine Bridge und die Usernamen können differerieren zum Forum)? Bietet der Coppermine-Importer dann zu jedem User von Coppermine eine Abfrage, zu welchem Forum-User die Dateien übertragen werden sollen?

Mit Grüßen aus dem Westerwald
vkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 06:33 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Please ask your questions in English please as no one here speaks German. The only thing I understand here is your asking a question and coppermine is involved. I haved tried the tree translators but they seem to be down.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 10:16 AM   #3
vkrm
Verified Customer

In Google-Translator-English with corrections-try

Questions in German, to make sure that I express myself correctly:

I've been here before, immediately after the successful development of our vB forum in summer 2008.
After other projects have made a lot of work is now finally the time mentioned project photopost-buying will be put into action.
To make sure before buying that everything works, here again one of the issues detailed in order to make sure that I do not think wrong:

Forum since 2008 (vB V3.8.4): Willkommen beim Forum von www.rocket3.org - Powered by vBulletin
In brief, the upgrade will take place on V4. There are a few users who also have albums / photos in the controlcenter (my profile?) vB inside.

Coppermine - album since 2006 (currently 1.4.24): WWW.ROCKET3.ORG --- FOTOALBUM - Home
This album has no bridge to the forum, because it already existed before. But most users there have the same username as in the forum.

Now if I buy PhotoPost, it should
a) The integration works fine in VB4. That's certainly been filled i think?
b) Alle Fotos in den vB -Alben nach Photopost überführt werden.
b) All photos in the photo albums from vBulletin should be importet to photopost. If I understand correctly the English threads here, is this also no problem - right?
c) In the future, users should only post images in the photopost album - how do I do that? Deselect the albums feature in vB somehow is possible or can photopost redirect the photo albums feature in the Control Panel automatically to himself?
d) In the Coppermine album are over 3,000 photos in it. These will be all transferred to PhotoPost.
Now, an issue particularly in the private user albums is the question of how that can be transmitted to the new PhotoPost (as I said, there is no bridge, and the username coppermine can sometimes be different to username forum) on the forum? Does the Coppermine Importer will then be transferred to any user of Coppermine a query and ask me, to which forum-username import the user files of unknown coppermine-users?

I hope, you can understand. Answer please in "easy english"
Old February 24th, 2010, 10:41 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

a. yes our product integrates with vb4

b. don't understand what that line means since its not english. I mean the google translation in itself makes it very hard to understand since it does not specifically translate into english with much sense.

c. yes you would unselect the vb albums checkbox in vb profile settings in admin.

d. There is a coppermine import script to import coppermine to photopost sure. However since the forum and coppermine are not integrated I would suspect you are going to have issues with photo ownership to some degree. We have a tool to help update userids based on usernames but of course this requires the usernames from coppermine to match whats in the forum. If they are not your going to lose ownership of photos meaning they would be guest uploads.

here is the import script

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photo...-importer.html

Here is the tool to update userids

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photo...vbulletin.html

Once your a customer you can access those tools

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old March 4th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #5
vkrm
Verified Customer

Thanks.

I buyed several minutes ago.

Tomorrow i will start and test these things.
Old March 4th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

enjoy your evening let us know if you have any other questions.