PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2009, 12:26 AM   #1
Verified Customer

content only visible to verified customers?

I purchased photopost a few days ago and it is still saying my account is not verified.

Help please?
52111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

PhotoPost Community - Announcements in Forum : Before You Buy

This should assist you in being able to post on our support forums if you have a valid license.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2009, 05:24 AM   #3
h2ojunkie
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
PhotoPost Community - Announcements in Forum : Before You Buy

This should assist you in being able to post on our support forums if you have a valid license.
My account shows as a verified customer, but I still can not view any of the code?

Ok, I went in and checked my email in usercp, it was correct, but now the '''Verified Customer" is gone from my userinfo. Maybe it will come back when the cron runs.

But even still, I was getting the "Content visible to verified customers only" while my userinfo said "verified customer".

I'll check it again in the morning and see if the cron updates it.
h2ojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2009, 08:11 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Okay if you read that post your noting do you have members access to download the latest code? If not then your an expired license holder not entitled to support. Thus why you can not see content on the support site.

Quote:
One owned license grants you the right to run one software installation on one domain for an unlimited time, and purchasing an owned license gives you access to our members download area and support for one year.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old October 12th, 2009, 12:08 AM   #5
h2ojunkie
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
Okay if you read that post your noting do you have members access to download the latest code? If not then your an expired license holder not entitled to support. Thus why you can not see content on the support site.
I guess I misunderstood support to mean actually receiving support, and not viewing the support forum.

Seems pretty crappy that I can even go back and view code in support threads that were originally posted by myself.

I figured that if you're a verified license holder you could read the forums, the same way you can with vBulletin. And since the license allows you to run the software permanently, you would have access to read permanently, and just not be eligible to submit support requests.

But I guess everyone has a different deffinition of what support is.
h2ojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2009, 11:54 AM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Brian

You can read to your hearts delight here when your expired to recieve support. Thats not an issue but you may not see posted code blocks with support resolutions anything with code in it.

Personally I think that is totally acceptible and proper thing to do. It is standard practice all around the internet for many companies. Users must be active members able to recieve support to see protected content and post. We support many different forums as well as being a standalone system you can not compare us to vbulletin and their policies. For one they are about a hundreds of thousands larger than our company.

Your main contention here is you want to see those protected boxes. I created a test user and put them in the expired license group. That user is perfectly able to read the support forums he just can not see code block.