PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > PhotoPost Support > PhotoPost Pro Support Forums > Photopost Pro Import Scripts

Photopost Pro Import Scripts Looking to upgrade to PhotoPost? We'll post any importers we develop here.

Old February 18th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #81
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I can not say for sure it was beta to begin with so it is try it and see basically. No support or no new versions ever came out.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #82
JoeWho
Verified Customer

Hi Chuck,

Is there any other way to move the files into PhotoPost PRO from vBulletin albums?
JoeWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #83
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Not without actually uploading them no.

Whether this importer works depends on if your vb forum version is below when ever they changed the album stuff in vb. You might need to look at there release notes.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:53 PM   #84
JoeWho
Verified Customer

Hi Chuck,

That's disappointing, basically anybody who wants to use PhotoPost PRO is going to lose all the photos in the vBulletin albums.
Old February 18th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #85
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

vbulletin albums is not a gallery. We do not advertise that we support conversion of vbulletin albums.

Like I said all you can do is try it. Now if your getting a blank page maybe you have a php error as this is older it might be failing on newer php versions you can turn on display_errors to on and see if it will display an error.

I can guess that maybe this in the file

Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.
might need to be maybe this

Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.

Old February 20th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #86
JoeWho
Verified Customer

Hi Chuck,
Thank you for your help but I've run out of time I will have to work on this some other time. I spent a week working on updating the forum from vb3.7.4 to 4.1 .10, I think I have all the bugs worked out for a fairly smooth upgrade and then I realized I didn't know how I was going to move the photos, it's something I'll have to tackle when I have more time.
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #87
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Yes well since you moved away from vb 3.74 this whole discussion is mute since this importer is for the older vb series.

Old February 20th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #88
JoeWho
Verified Customer

No, I am still at 3.7.4, I'm not grading to 4.1.10 until I figure out how to move the files/photos. I've been running the tests on my computer, not live, localhost.
Old February 20th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #89
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Well okay gotcha.

If your having trouble running the importer on your home computer try actually install PhotoPost Pro on your live site and doing an import. The importer does not touch or delete any vb albums content and like I said my only thought if there is a conflict with some newer PHP is maybe what I posted above might help if that is your case. Can not say for sure just something for you to try.

You are bound to have alot more issues using the pre-configured package things most people install on there home computer to support PHP and Mysql. Those things are alot more strict that the PHP running on webhosts.

Old February 20th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #90
JoeWho
Verified Customer

Hi Chuck,

Thanks, good idea ... now I know that it is not going to work, don't know why it cant write the file.

unable to write thumbnail [/home/public_html/photos/data/0/thumbs/35f7405f9cc3d1d4aa7be39f0e6a5d52_876.jpg] - check permissions

Folder "data" and all sub-folders set to 777.

Anymore ideas?

I send you a link, email?
Thanks
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #91
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Joe I do not provide support for this old beta importer as I posted already sorry. Beta software in general does not have support and your trying to install next on a vb version that was released after this thing was created.

I can offer comments though.

Now the reason you have the issue posted above is your $albid variable is 0. My suggestion would be to check your albumpicture table in vb and see what the albumid is. Apparently based on your error you have some entries with an albumid of 0. Maybe entries that where orphaned from deleted users? I can not say. I would personally delete any entries where albumid is 0.

Old February 21st, 2012, 01:08 PM   #92
JoeWho
Verified Customer

Hi Chuck,

Success, what I ended up doing was moving all the photos/albums from file storage into the database and then making a new attachment-folder for them and transfer them out of the database into a file. After that they import without any problem. I will agree with you that there was an orphaned photos from deleted users, I don't believe vBulletin deletes the albums when a account is deleted.

I know you do not provide support for this importer. I do want to thank you for your help with figuring out why it wasn't working for me.

Have a great day.
Old February 21st, 2012, 01:17 PM   #93
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

That is good to hear enjoy.

Old November 2nd, 2013, 04:59 AM   #94
olijo
Verified Customer

Hi,
old thread but anybody had tested this with vB4.2 ?
Any news to update this script ?
Regards,
Olivier
olijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2013, 09:47 PM   #95
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

To my knowledge this is a beta importer for vBulletin 3. There was never any scripts written for vBulletin 4.