PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > PhotoPost Support > PhotoPost Pro Support Forums > Photopost Pro Import Scripts

Photopost Pro Import Scripts Looking to upgrade to PhotoPost? We'll post any importers we develop here.

Old March 31st, 2011, 11:27 PM   #61
kharris
Verified Customer

Thanks Chuck. I followed instructions found in one of the first posts here regarding changing the data strorage type from file systems to database in vB. I don't know enough about MySQL or PHP yet to fix the existing problem indicating a duplicate column in a few of the records. I'll delete the tables etc., and start with a fresh install.
kharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 07:22 AM   #62
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Okay whichever works if you have any questions where we might have to look at things make sure to disable any custom language thing you have as we would not be able to assist since we do not read your language.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 09:01 AM   #63
kharris
Verified Customer

Chuck, the last time I checked my language is English. Anyway, I'll give a hollar if I run into any difficulties after the new install. Thanks.
Old April 1st, 2011, 11:01 AM   #64
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

anytime I went to the gallery it was in spanish I beleive

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old April 1st, 2011, 01:21 PM   #65
kharris
Verified Customer

Definitely confused my site with another, or it was hijacked and I haven't noticed yet Anyway, I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no problems.
What I'd like to know now is if there is anyone here who has used the Importer with vB 3.8.X ? I'm tempted to run the script again, but I'd really like to know if anyone else has done so and what, if any, problems there were? Thanks to all.

Ken
Old April 1st, 2011, 03:03 PM   #66
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Yeah confusing this with a vbgallery albums importer.

This script should work regardless of vbulletin version since it is a photopost pro script ran from pro unless of course the 3.84 vbulletin uses the new vb4 albums format database layout which I know changed. This importer was specifically written for the 3.7 series as this beta importer was released summer of 2009.

Old April 1st, 2011, 11:15 PM   #67
kharris
Verified Customer

Actually, that's what I thought. I checked the date of the importer, and I figured with an '09 release, it should be good. My problem on the last install was that after running the script, it took me to a blue page that said "done" in the upper left corner, with no indication of errors. When I checked my email, I had three error messages indicating a duplicate column in three of the tables. Could have just been a corruption of the tables during installation.
I uninstalled everything last night and ran the installation again with no issues. I'll run the importer again and see what happens. Again, thank you.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 02:09 AM   #68
kharris
Verified Customer

Hello Chuck,
I ran the importer with no results and again, several MySQL errors, copied below. I cleared after the run and tried again, with the same results. I did run the scan both times. FTP also shows no files imported. How do I get a username/password to you for access? Thanks.
An error was encountered during execution of the query:
ALTER IGNORE TABLE pp_photos ADD `importimageid` INT( 10 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL
The query returned with an errorcode of:
Duplicate column name 'importimageid'

ALTER IGNORE TABLE pp_categories ADD `importcatid` INT( 10 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL
Duplicate column name 'importcatid'

ALTER IGNORE TABLE pp_comments ADD `importpostid` INT( 10 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL
Duplicate column name 'importpostid'

These are the same errors I received on my last install. During the previous install, I tried moving my album storage from the file system to the database and there was no difference. During this current install I ran the importer with my vB files still in the db, no luck, so I've changed the picture storage type back to the files system, still no change. Nothing seems to be happening. I would guess the above errors are the problem, but I don't know how to fix the "duplicate column name" problems.

This is some of the info found in pp_comments:
Indexes:
Keyname Type Cardinality Action Field
PRIMARY PRIMARY 0 id
photo INDEX None photo
cat INDEX None cat

Of the three tables with the error codes, this is the only one that identifies both photo and categories, which are the other two tables with duplicate column errors. Don't know if this is helpful or not.

Last edited by kharris; April 2nd, 2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 11:28 AM   #69
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Duplicate mysql errors are not really errors. They are simply telling you since you ran the importer already and the fields are already there. As I have stated prior there is no product support for beta software. This is an old beta importer written for 3.7 series of vbulletin.

Old April 7th, 2011, 12:22 AM   #70
kharris
Verified Customer

Importer

Hello Chuck,

So, regarding all this, is there any intent to develop an importer for vB 3.8? I don't have very many albums on my site, however, I really don't want to inconvenience members with having to reupload what they have in the current vb albums to this. Thanks Chuck.
Old April 7th, 2011, 09:05 AM   #71
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

There are no plans that I am aware of. vbulletin 3 series is on its END OF LIFE as they say over at vbulletin.

Old April 7th, 2011, 09:16 AM   #72
kharris
Verified Customer

Hi Chuck,
That's true, but as you probably know, that doesn't mean that 3x is dead and going away with its users. Even this site is operating on 3.8. Right now I'm just stuck between a rock and a hard place with this ap. A lot of nice features, but pulling over the existing albums is a show stopper for now. Again, thank you!

Ken
Old April 7th, 2011, 10:54 AM   #73
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Ken no problem but yeah not much I can do here as there is no ability to do what you want. Basically when vb3 went end of life all work has been concentrated on vb4.

Same thing happened to people when vb3 came out for those vb2 users. Once a product is noted as end of life you do not see any new work on a dead product.

We will keep the vb3 integration for those users who will remain on vb3 but no new work is going to be done. Soon we will have to gear up possibly sometime for vb5.

Old May 15th, 2011, 02:28 PM   #74
Markus.B
Verified Customer

is this script working/import with the Albums from a vb 3.8.3 installation?
Anybody have tried with this vb version?
Would like to import before i upgrade to vb4.1.x

cheers markus
Markus.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #75
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You can try it but this importer was written for the 3.7 series of vbulletin. I do beleive they changed how albums where done in vb 3.8

Old May 21st, 2011, 04:48 AM   #76
kharris
Verified Customer

Hello Markus,
In my experience, it doesn't work with 3.8.4 and I don't know of anyone who has gotten it work.
Old May 21st, 2011, 11:22 AM   #77
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I beleive this old importer was written for the vb 3.7 series. It is quite old.

Old May 21st, 2011, 11:37 PM   #78
kharris
Verified Customer

I understood that from our previous posts. Markus indicated he uses vb 3.8.3, which like .4 doesn't work with the 3.7 script.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 07:02 AM   #79
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

yeah I don't think anything past 3.81 would work as was that not when they changed how they did albums in vbulletin.

Old February 18th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #80
JoeWho
Verified Customer

Hello Chuck,

Couple of questions, will this importer work with PhotoPost PRO 5.6.2 and vBulletin 3.7.4?

I tested it on a localhost and all I get is a blue screen, no options to select. The form and the gallery are both working fine on the localhost. I just wanted to tested it before trying it on a live server.

Do I need to upgrade PhotoPost PRO 5.6.2 before running this importer?
JoeWho is offline   Reply With Quote