PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2009, 04:44 AM   #1
trancetopia

Lost access to all forums?

I've not been here for a while so I thought i'd pop back to see what's going on in the world of photopost pro and I find i'm locked out of every forum apart from this one?

Can anyone please explain why i've been penalised?
trancetopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 09:19 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

PhotoPost Community - Announcements in Forum : Before You Buy

There is no penalization. You must be a verified customer to view support forum codes etc and post for support.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 12:53 PM   #3
trancetopia

Thanks for replying Chuck.... so as my support license has expired this means I am no longer a customer and i'm no longer considered a customer? That's a bit harsh mate just giving me access to the "before you buy" forum and having spent good money to buy two full licenses in the past you will understand that I still feel penalised.

I'm not after the latest version of photopost pro nor am I after support, I just wanted to see what mods have been posted recently as it's been a while since I've popped on here. I do believe these are posted by other "customers" as well as yourself. I'm a developer too and i've some awesome vbulletin mods i've created for my photography community that I was thinking about sharing.

To promote and develop products there has to be a vast element of sharing and mods is the only way of letting your community do this by their own contributions. You have no future if you prevent this from happening which is what you are doing here. Cures for illnesses and viruses can only be achieved by sharing knowledge..... facebook grows huge because of it developers APIs and encourages developers to make products for it's future sustainablity and you encourage mod development here so your company grows too... oh, no you don't do that do you.

I have photopost pro and review post licences but have been banned from your "non support" forums too... this is a poor way to treat customers.

All Enthusiast has made me feel alienated as a customer by your poorly thought out policies and I will not be returning. I know where i'm not wanted and I wish All Enthusiast luck as a company for the future as you're really going to need it!!

I'm sorry if this response sounds snotty, I'm not trying be snotty, only constructive but I hope you can fire this information up the ranks and at least let your mod forum become available.

You've helped me in the past and please don't take this response to be directed at you Chuck, you do a fantastic job and a real champion in the support area so please take care but I will not be using your products any more and in the very near future i'll be taking them off my site and get them replaced with my own.
Old June 27th, 2009, 01:46 PM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Dont worry no offense taken.

What this says is your a customer as sure you have a license. That license grants you the right to run photopost on your site forever. Our licensing does state this right on our site though right from the get go which most people overlook when they buy the license.

Quote:
One owned license grants you the right to run one software installation on one domain for an unlimited time, and purchasing an owned license gives you access to our members download area and support for one year.
You have as an expired license holder have access to the general forums. Now you have access to read support threads etc. However you will not be able to see code boxes solutions or post threads reply etc. This is reserved for members whom have access to obtain support. Supporting 15000 customers is not free as the company would be out of business if all the money we supported people for $129.00 forever. That is the reason there has always been the members area renewal fee which is at the option of the customer to purchase or not.

If you wish to participate in support or mod forums you must be a verified customer and renew your members access.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old June 27th, 2009, 02:27 PM   #5
trancetopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
You have as an expired license holder have access to the general forums. Now you have access to read support threads etc. However you will not be able to see code boxes solutions or post threads reply etc.
Thanks for the response Chuck but the above isn't actually true. You say I should be able to view the forums but not the code, this is not true my friend for example when I enter the photopost mods forum I see no posts at all, not a sausage which is the reason why I'm not happy. As a an expired license holder, i'm being pushed away.

I can appreciate and wouldn't expect to see code for the support forums, like i've mentioned I do not require support. I'm an expired license holder and get none of what you mentioned above in the mod forum i've mentioned, i've no issues with buying another years top-up and you guys have to feed the kids so to speak but this is relating to the mods forum as i've no interest in any of the other forums.

I can't even view the activity in the mods forum to see if it's worth my while purchasing another year renewal, I get nothing at all even as a previous license holder. This is why i'm feeling my custom is no longer wanted and you no longer require by business and customer support in terms of the customer base supporting the products they use seems to be little valued in a lot of places these days and this is very unfortunate.

There is only one forum I was looking to participate in which is the following: http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-mods-pro/

All thread are hidden from my prying eyes in that forum and I would have thought even customers with expired licenses and have the skills to create mods would still be welcome but you're turning them away. I though I would still have enough permissions to participate in there after the forum description for the forum states "Post your code modifications here."

I'm afraid your policies have pushed me away now and I've already started putting together a vbulletin integrated gallery which for my site and the facebook mod I've created that will post gallery images to your facebook account, I'll be keeping to myself now for my own work.

It's a funny old world and all I wanted to do is share the mods I've created.

Can you please arrange to have my (this) forum account deleted. I'm not going to return and I'll now concentrate my efforts elsewhere.

Keep up the good work though Chuck, you're well respected around these forums and I do respect the work and effort that you do.

Take care mate.
Old June 27th, 2009, 02:35 PM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

From what I see expired license holders can view content. You can view the threads. However as I stated you can not post or reply to answer thread download or create your own threads without being a verified customer.

Old June 27th, 2009, 02:40 PM   #7
trancetopia

It's probably better if I attach images for you.... the first image you'll notice that the mod forums are indeed locked down and private and the second attachment shows you I'm not able to view any threads at all.
Attached Images
File Type: png image1.png (29.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png image2.png (39.8 KB, 2 views)
Old June 27th, 2009, 02:41 PM   #8
trancetopia

hmmm... I can't even view the attachments that i've just posted here.
Old June 27th, 2009, 02:46 PM   #9
trancetopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
However as I stated you can not post or reply to answer thread download or create your own threads without being a verified customer.
That really doesn't matter... as an expired license customer I have little incentive to purchase another years top-up. If I was looking for mods and I saw one thinking that would be great, i'll pay for another years support.

In my case, I want to share what i've developed with your other customers but i'm not able to do that either.

I'm simply prevented from seeing any content in those forums hence the reason i've this overwhelming impression I'm not welcome here anymore.
Old June 27th, 2009, 06:14 PM   #10
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

well I will of course pass on your observations but I dont make the policies.