PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #1
WayneH
Verified Customer

Request for help please ... Photopost 5.3

Hi Guys,

I am really hoping you can help me. I am an administrator for our car club forum. I was not involved with the original creation of the site but am now responsible for ongoing maintenance and support.

The forum runs on vBulletin 3.5.3. Yes, I know it's rather old but I am already thinking about the upgrade.

We have a car club gallery that is incorporated into our website and it runs PhotoPost version 5.3.

The gallery worked absolutely fine until we migrated the site over to a new server a few days ago. Now, all of the thumbnails display as "no thumbnail" and the pictures just come up with the typical red x. Hopefully, you should be able to access this link to see what I mean My Photo Gallery - Main Index - Powered by PhotoPost

Now, I am sure the problem is that the Gallery path is incorrectly specified as we have moved servers and the path is different. However, I cannot see any vBa Gallery settings in the vBulletin admin control panel.

Please help, I am a bit stuck at the moment.

Many thanks
Wayne
WayneH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 09:13 PM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You might want to read this but to obtain product support you would need to renew members access for download code and product support.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photo...rectories.html

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:17 AM   #3
WayneH
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
You might want to read this but to obtain product support you would need to renew members access for download code and product support.

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for the reply. Firstly, can you please explain how I "renew members access". I have no idea if our software is licensed or not as I was not involved with the originally install. If it isn't I want to know and I can deal with it. How can I find out?

Secondly, I am having problems with this bit:
7) Open your Photopost gallery and modify confgs.
- Using a web browser, open your gallery and enter the Admin console.
- Click on GLOBAL OPTIONS and change the following to your new path:
- Full SERVER PATH ...

When, I enter the admin console I firstly get the following errors:
Warning: opendir(/home/braindg/public_html/forum/Gallery/data/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/clubvr4/htdocs/forum/Gallery/adm-inc.php on line 682

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/clubvr4/htdocs/forum/Gallery/adm-inc.php on line 684

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/clubvr4/htdocs/forum/Gallery/adm-inc.php on line 692

Also, the edit settings section I cannot access (there is no hyperlink under the text)... any ideas what this is an how I fix it.

If I cannot fix this my only option is going to be uninstall the software but that would be a real shame as we have got about 6 years worth of archive photos from all our club meets!

Thanks for your help.
Wayne
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:30 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

PhotoPost Pro / vBGallery License

You would select a members renewal from there and once that is processed we can provide you product support.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:07 AM   #5
WayneH
Verified Customer

Quote:
PhotoPost Pro / vBGallery License

You would select a members renewal from there and once that is processed we can provide you product support.
Thanks Chuck.

I have now paid for members renewal. Once this has gone through can you please advise what we can try next to get this sorted?

Thanks.
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:51 AM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

make sure in your config-inc.php file the $PP_PATH line reads this

Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.
Log into your admin and go to Global Options and make sure any path statements there begin with this

Code:
Once you save that so that all paths are correct you can go to storage options down the bottom of the left pane and load that and hit revert and save twice to load the correct paths there.

Old May 18th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #7
cygy2k

Good information.
cygy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 06:21 PM   #8
accounting6481

It sure is.
accounting6481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 09:08 PM   #9
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Glad it was useful

Old May 21st, 2009, 04:11 PM   #10
WayneH
Verified Customer

Quote:
make sure in your config-inc.php file the $PP_PATH line reads this

Code:
Log into your admin and go to Global Options and make sure any path statements there begin with this

Code:
Once you save that so that all paths are correct you can go to storage options down the bottom of the left pane and load that and hit revert and save twice to load the correct paths there.
Hi Chuck,

You will be glad to hear that our members renewal has now been processed and the license has been transferred into my name.

Now, I can confirm that $PP_PATH is set correctly in the config-inc.php file. I already found and fixed this before.

However, I don't understand where I would find Global Options. When you say "log into your admin" do you mean the vBulletin admin control panel or something else?

Thanks
Wayne
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:27 PM   #11
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Your paths need updating in the global options in photopost admin. the admin link is on the photopost menubar when logged in as admin

Old May 21st, 2009, 04:49 PM   #12
WayneH
Verified Customer

Quote:
Your paths need updating in the global options in photopost admin. the admin link is on the photopost menubar when logged in as admin
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the reply, but there is no Global Options menu. I have attached a screen shot to show you what I mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PhotoPost.jpg (85.1 KB, 4 views)
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:08 PM   #13
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Well your site is not quite right there. Where are all the options under edit settings etc?

Here is our thread on how to move servers

If you cant get that done via the admin panel or via the database directly then possibly you need to do two things. One is upgrade your files and run the upgrades from 5.3 forward and then run install again to update all your paths correctly if you still cant do it from admin.

Old May 22nd, 2009, 02:08 AM   #14
WayneH
Verified Customer

Quote:
Well your site is not quite right there. Where are all the options under edit settings etc?

If you cant get that done via the admin panel or via the database directly then possibly you need to do two things. One is upgrade your files and run the upgrades from 5.3 forward and then run install again to update all your paths correctly if you still cant do it from admin.
Exactly.

I have been through that thread before but I will try again just in case I missed anything!

If not, I will look at upgrading.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 07:28 AM   #15
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

No problem upgrading and then reinstalling into the same tables should update all your settings if you can not do it manually.

Old May 28th, 2009, 02:30 AM   #16
WayneH
Verified Customer

Quote:

Hi Chuck,

I have been through the how to move servers thread again and it didn't help. Again, I got stuck at the point where you have to access certain menus in the admin console which as you know don't all exist currently for some reason.

So, I need to re-install/upgrade.

Can you please advise the exact steps I need to go through to upgrade my current installation to the latest version (which I have just downloaded from the members area). I read your message above again but I don't undestand what you mean by "run the upgrades from 5.3 forward"

Thanks
Wayne
Old May 28th, 2009, 10:23 AM   #17
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

1. Download the build and unzip and upload all the files except the config files header and footer

2. Run only the upgrade.php script and select the upgrades from 5.3 forward to the end.

3. Run install.php and run through that inputting all the correct information like this was a new install making sure your photopost info is the same so you overwrite what you already have. Dont worry it wont delete anything it will fix your paths etc if you manually do not understand how to fix them via admin.

Old May 29th, 2009, 01:36 PM   #18
WayneH
Verified Customer

Hi Chuck,

I am stuck on step 2 and I am getting this error when trying to upgrade from 5.3x to 5.5:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare update_whoonline() (previously declared in /home/clubvr4/htdocs/photopost623/pp-inc.php:4491) in /home/clubvr4/htdocs/forum/Gallery/forums/vb3.php on line 538

Googling suggests this is because of a mix of old and new files. However, I have uploaded the new vb3.php.

Can you confirm, where do I need to upload the new files to?
Old May 29th, 2009, 01:42 PM   #19
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Wayne

The new vb3.php definately does not have any upgrade_whoonline function that is not located in the new version in pp-inc.php

My suggestion is to make sure to reupload the package as noted overwriting files on the server except your config files header footer etc.

You can try just the vb3.php file but not too sure what other files may not have been uploaded.

Old May 29th, 2009, 02:06 PM   #20
WayneH
Verified Customer

Thanks Chuck. I didn't appreciate that I had to upload the new files in the same location as the existing files and overwrite them. Now that I have done that I have been able to run the upgrade script all the way through.

And ... I have just been into the admin control panel and fixed my server paths.

All now seems to be working OK.

Thanks for all your help ...