PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2009, 10:04 PM   #1
ihavequestions

Allow posts WITHOUT registering...

I am looking for classifieds software with which I can allow users to post ads WITHOUT registering. I have signed up with three other forums to ask this very question and only received responses telling me what a bad idea it is. I am hoping this forum will be the exception.

I am fully aware of the potential for spammers etc. to abuse the system. That is a concern for me and my webhost, and I thank you in advance to not make it yours. Please do not reply with cautionary tales and advise about how allowing users to post without registering is a bad idea. Craigslist built its entire business on this very capability and unobtrusiveness. I am aware of the possible consequences and take full responsibility for any abuse that occurs.

Now, can this classifieds software allow users to post ads WITHOUT registering?

Requiring a valid email address to which users' post confirmations and links to edit/manage their ads can be sent (much like Craigslist) is the only user information I want to require be submitted.

Is this possible?
ihavequestions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 08:01 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Hello

You can allow guests to post ads sure but one thing to consider yes spammers. Next you will need to define a field for them to enter an email by using one of the category extra fields. Guests are not users with profiles so there is no email or other user data collected.

Chuck

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 01:37 AM   #3
ihavequestions

Thanks a lot Chuck!

So, unregistered posting can be accomplished "out of the box" and I only need to set up an extra field in order to require that guest users enter an email address before posting, correct?
ihavequestions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 08:19 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Correct

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote