PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old February 6th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #1
TC Topps
Verified Customer

Question Questions about integration with Vb 3.8?

Hi!

The reason I am contacting you is that I am becoming frustrated with the lack of integration with VbAdvanced Links and Dynamics programs. Good programs in them selves, I am sure. But they lack across the forum integration for search features.

More over since I am not a php expert, nor one for avid editing of templates I want a program that is well structured within the Vb 3.8 environment. So at present I have a navbar problem with the installed vba products that does not reference some of the other php files when navigating from one part of the site to the other. I do not want this problem. When I click from the program to another location in one of the navbars, I want to send the traffic to that location.

I have vbAdvanced CMS installed and want to do some page layout changes as well. As many of the vBulletin.org and vBAdvance scripts are really cool. But I suspect that in loading up some of the programs, I may have over written some template settings??? Again I do not know!

Update: It may just be the inability to search across different tables in the scripts standard published format? I am still working on this definitive answer!

So what I wanted dynamics for was to create and inventory of ideas, photos, reviews that could be readily searched to draw info together.

As an ideal the products would be a collection spot for developing ideas and sharing the information across a field of subjects within the same genre.

So let me say, I wanted to discuss an XYZ subject, I could then categorize it. And with in the postings to that category could allow for RSS Feed, video attachment, photos, notes all in relation to that subject. Your example programs might satisfy this need. But are they searchable from a forum on my site???

I think I might be able to do this with classified or vb gallery or review. But I do not know.

Thanks for your prompt reply,

Last edited by TC Topps; February 7th, 2009 at 09:44 AM. Reason: spelling; grammar
TC Topps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 03:26 PM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Our product searches just like the forum query their own tables. You can not search across multiple product tables.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 05:07 PM   #3
TC Topps
Verified Customer

Chuck;

How limiting would that be? Could I use any of your programs and they would talk with each other? Or is it again problem with each of your programs not being able to do the same type of "query?"

I understand that even vBulletin vBlog and Project Tools have these same search limitations.

So would you have any suggestions? Would one of your products make a better fit for me?

Thanks
Old February 6th, 2009, 05:39 PM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

TC

As to any of our programs that would depend on what you need. We sell a gallery, classifieds and product review applications.

The search functions your going to find are the same on any program they search there own tables for content within that specific program.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old February 6th, 2009, 07:06 PM   #5
TC Topps
Verified Customer

Chuck;

Can the function for notes, photos be expanded in the set up for your different 3 programs? How about RSS and media?

Thanks
Old February 6th, 2009, 07:08 PM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Not sure what you mean by the function for notes and photos be expanded.

Our programs have rss capability and our gallery has the ability to upload multimedia files.

Old February 6th, 2009, 08:36 PM   #7
TC Topps
Verified Customer

Chuck;

If I wanted to expand on a thought on a specific photo could I do that more so in review and classifieds than vbGallery.

I guess which one is like a forum thread or can invite an user response(s) to a post.

Thanks
Old February 7th, 2009, 06:41 AM   #8
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Any of our products you are allowed to comment on the photo product ads etc.

Old February 7th, 2009, 09:34 AM   #9
TC Topps
Verified Customer

Chuck;

In the integration with vbPortal, is their some advantage that your programs give it than the standard review and classifieds that come with vbPortal.

Their programs look like stripped down versions or reuse of the existing vBulletin database to reposition info. Which is fine to begin I suppose.

How up to date is vbPortal? It seems to offer in a package most if not all the things that I am struggling to put together piece meal in vBulletin and vBAdvanced.

Your programs would still be stand alone databases that would not allow searching across the different tables. Am I correct that problem would still exist? Not that it is a huge problem.

Thanks again for your prompt reply,

TC Topps
Old February 7th, 2009, 09:41 AM   #10
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

vbportal is a program that pulls info from vbulletin etc. I prefer vbportal over vbadvanced anyday. I use it myself on my personal hobby site.

Reeftalk Index - Reeftalk Index

Old February 11th, 2009, 01:27 PM   #11
TC Topps
Verified Customer

Chuck;

I installed vbPortal as per your recommendation. It installed smoothly, with the usual first time install issues. Actually was able to get it installed from within user support forum info and only a couple of minimal pointers. So it may have went very well. So I was well pleased considering the functionality of it; and of course a very impressive price that is well worth the expenditure.

I have yet to install my Extremepixel styles to vbportal but it looks like that should go well too. As add-on xml files have been developed for them. Am I going to have additional edits to my styles when I install your products?

How difficult is it to install your programs into vbulletin and vbPortal? Most install I have been doing now only require a couple quick edits and loading of an xml file. Are there any hurdles that a novice with about 11 months experience going to run into? Or do I just need to turn on the right switch or edit for proper file location with in "your" admincp?

I am referring to Classified and Review Post.

Thanks,

TC Topps

P.S. Chuck, I noticed that one of the above mentioned programs has Pay Pal built into it. How about the other? Or is it just installing a script thru your program manager function.

As an example: I can do the below thruout Vbulletin? The script AME 2.0 embeds video and/or audio where ever I place a link inside of the text. Can I continue to do this in your programs too?

Last edited by TC Topps; February 11th, 2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old February 11th, 2009, 06:30 PM   #12
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Install is pretty straight forward and as long as things are answered correctly there should be no issues

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photo...solutions.html

Only thing I will say about custom styles hey I use one is this. Make sure in the style global settings that image links are full urls to the directories etc not relative links so images can be found. The thread about also explains that.

Old February 11th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #13
TC Topps
Verified Customer

Hi!

How about the embedded programs in Vbulletin. Can I still use the AME program in these programs from your company?

Thanks
TC Topps
Old February 12th, 2009, 08:14 AM   #14
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

AME? Not following your last post.

Old March 1st, 2009, 12:10 PM   #15
TC Topps
Verified Customer

Smile Successfully installed vbPortal!

Chuck; I have installed the vbPortal product.

Is there any thing to look out for in the installarion of classified and review that I have purchased from your company?

I am looking for instructions at this time. Any quick pointers?

Thanks

TC Topps
Old March 1st, 2009, 12:14 PM   #16
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

No issues that I know of. They all work well together as can be shown on my hobby site

Reeftalk Index - Reeftalk Index

Old March 1st, 2009, 09:59 PM   #17
TC Topps
Verified Customer

Smile Got this far and then this error message.

Chuck;

It took some doing but I got this far.

Two points, I accidentally entered my forum database info in the config fill in. This point did not seem clear? I blew up my database with that bonehead move.

The next the word MOGIFRY should be stated as mogifry. Took for ever to get beyound that point. What with the poor communications at my server site, I had to figure it out on my own by trial and error. The "mogifry" statement would have helped a little.

Now what does this next statement mean. I am looking at the config. and do not see anything.

So what is next. I will check my user name as that appears to be different. Without the correct username I would get the password:NO. Any thing else?

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'tcbizbiz'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/tcbizbiz/public_html/classifieds/install.php on line 1221
I cannot connect to the Members database.

Thanks,

TC Topps

I tried in the second part of integration with forum by adding

localhost
database
username
password.

got the same error at end but now a lot of error messages that the files etc had all ready been installed? It was a dark blue background so very hard to read?

So we have the Classified data base set up properly or we would not have got this far, What is missing?

So in a third look at this I did get a YES on password as my forum location listed was wrong but still the same error message now with corrected user name

Do I need to start from scratch now that I have received these error messages? I think that getting the right statements are needed?

Thanks

Last edited by TC Topps; March 1st, 2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: additional info
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:29 AM   #18
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You will need to install correctly sure

Now I think you mean mogrify and its typed correctly in our program that I see so not sure what you mean by the comment.

Anyway to respond to the one issue I see above this

Quote:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'tcbizbiz'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/tcbizbiz/public_html/classifieds/install.php on line 1221
This means the user database information is incorrect. when you integrate with a forum you want to put the forums database information where it says user database information under the config step. Photoposts goes on the photopost part. if this is a standalone photopost the same information goes in both spots.

Old March 2nd, 2009, 07:37 AM   #19
TC Topps
Verified Customer

Smile Integration

The mogrify edit should be in small letters. I used caps as that is how it is presented in the notes. It was usr/bin/mogrify

I have the

localhost
classified database name
classified user name
classified database password

Second section of integration I have

localhost
forums database name
forums user name
forums database password.

I have check this several times. Is this error I posted in regard to the second part?

I will look again at my config-inc.php file.

Thanks

TC Topps

UPDATE:
Went thru again and i get this message with updated user and a YES on password?

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'tcbizbiz_tctopps'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/tcbizbiz/public_html/classifieds/install.php on line 1221

Is there an edit in vportal or vbulletin that I need to make?

UPDATE:

Now my vbulleting database is screwed up again. I did not try to use the same database for both classified and vbulletin. One each separate. As explained above. What happened please!

Thanks,
TC Topps

Last edited by TC Topps; March 2nd, 2009 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Bummer!
Old March 2nd, 2009, 09:50 AM   #20
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Our sample mogrify statement is in small letters on the config script

Your vb database can not get screwed up running a photopost install script as our tables are not the same. I would look at whatever else you have done also vb sends the actual database error to the technical email in your config file of vb. So what is your vb error? Maybe when you looked at your vb config file to get the right info you mistakenly changed something? Your vb error should tell you what your issue is.

Now as to the error it is still the same.

Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.
That error tells me something on your vb database credentials is incorrect

We can not connect to the vb database. You need to verify the host username password and database name are exactly the same as a working vb install's config says.

http://tcbiz.biz/vbportal/tcbizforum/

http://classifieds.tcbiz.biz/

Your classifieds says it cant connect to its own database either

You sure you have assigned the user to the database?

Try using regular passwords without special characters.