PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2009, 06:03 PM   #1
91GT
Verified Customer

Can't post in the forums and having problems

Sorry for posting this here, but this is the only forum I can post in right now.

My webhost migrated my website to a new server and now I'm having issues with my photopost installation. I would like to post my problem in the appropriate forum, but I'm not allowed to post anywhere else.

Can someone tell me how to fix my access problem here so I can post my problem in the correct place, please?

Thanks.

Kathy
91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 10:59 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Most likely your members access has expired for support and download so all you should need to do is go to our online store and renew access.

PhotoPost PHP Pro License

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 12:05 PM   #3
xtremetoonz
Verified Customer

This is my first time back in a while, I usually renew every couple of years if I want to update--despite the product being regularly available on the Internet. Since I have a valid license, I could easily renew this way. I choose to pay, however.

If you are telling me, i can't post in the forums, read the fixed code in the posts, or generally use the forum for support without upgrading--you've lost a paying customer. I've been a member since the perl days--I'll be reviewing the original terms I purchased the product under then. If I find that it's changed since then and the original agreement is no longer being honored--I'll not be happy.
xtremetoonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 12:30 PM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Nothing has changed ever our purchase page has stated our site policies from day one.

Quote:
One owned license grants you the right to run one software installation on one domain for an unlimited time, and purchasing an owned license gives you access to our members download area and support for one year.
It clearly states with a license you get a year members access and support. Therefore to obtain support and updates you just purchase a members renewal.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old February 5th, 2009, 12:37 PM   #5
xtremetoonz
Verified Customer

Since when is this considered support? It's a community forum, and you are taking access away unless I pay you more? Nice. Half the fixes listed here are by members, not you or Michael. If I require phone or email support, I can understand that--but you are taking away community access. Please return that.
Old February 5th, 2009, 12:41 PM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Anything posted here by members are not fixes to any program of ours. A fix is provided by Michael or I and any fixes are incorporated into our latest downloaded code. Without support/members access you are unable to post or read any code stuff on our support forums. That comes down from the owner not us and there is nothing I can do about that.

I can understand you might be a little upset but our site policy has not changed. The company is merely actually doing its job better checking who does and does not have access to our support forums and email etc.

Old February 5th, 2009, 12:46 PM   #7
xtremetoonz
Verified Customer

Right, but when was forum access taken away? I have not needed a license unless I wanted to submit a problem for support to solve, or download new version/fixes.

Why are you requiring more money just to access community forums? If I buy vbulletin, and have a valid license--I don't need to have a "subscription" to view their forums.
Old February 5th, 2009, 12:59 PM   #8
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Community Forums what are you considering those? You have access to General Forums here.

You do not have access to the Support or Mod Corner Forums as those forums have code and such posted.

Old February 5th, 2009, 01:36 PM   #9
xtremetoonz
Verified Customer

nice, and you delete posts....

You guys are great!
Old February 5th, 2009, 02:13 PM   #10
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I did not delete anything.

Your post advocated software piracy which is against the law based on the Digital Millenium Copyright Act of 1998

Digital Millennium Copyright Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old February 6th, 2009, 08:01 AM   #11
xtremetoonz
Verified Customer

Chuck, regardless, the post was deleted... If it was Scott--I got an email from him.

I didn't advocate piracy, I merely pointed out that your change in policy is pushing people to seek alternatives in paying for updates.
Old February 6th, 2009, 10:23 AM   #12
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

As Scott pointed out there has not been any change in policy. Our order page as I pointed out had the information on our policy all along it is the first thing you read. There is even a post by me at the top of most all forums that explains how to access the support forums. This is over 3 years old.

PhotoPost Community - Announcements in Forum : PhotoPost Announcements