PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2008, 06:36 PM   #1
Artemis
Verified Customer

vBgallery has anything PP Pro doesn't?

I've read through all the comparison charts, but I just wanted to make sure by asking here as well: is there something vbgallery has that photopost Pro does NOT have, that I would be missing out on if I chose not to use vbgallery (other than the vbulletin template system?)
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #2
Simons
Verified Customer

You can find a comparison here
http://www.photopost.com/compare.html
Simons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2008, 08:00 PM   #3
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Pro has more features and vbGallery admin and templates are within vb admin thats the main thing.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 08:04 AM   #4
ArnyVee

Send a message via AIM to ArnyVee Send a message via MSN to ArnyVee Send a message via Yahoo to ArnyVee Send a message via Skype™ to ArnyVee
What does it mean to me as an admin of a vBulletin forum if I were to not choose vBGallery? I couldn't access PhotoPost through my admincp? Is that it?
ArnyVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 09:40 AM   #5
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Photopost admin and templates are within its own area.

The comparison should break down the difference in features.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:15 AM   #6
ArnyVee

Send a message via AIM to ArnyVee Send a message via MSN to ArnyVee Send a message via Yahoo to ArnyVee Send a message via Skype™ to ArnyVee
I'm not a vBulletin pro, so I'm just trying to figure out what I will be able to or not do from an admin or member standpoint.

I see the differences in the features and, in fact, the uploading via cell phone feature pretty much makes the "Pro" version my choice.

So, how will using Pro affect my members and my admin choices versus using vBGallery? Will they have to log into two separate areas of the site (one for the forums and another for the Photopost)?

Thanks for the quick responses Chuck!
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:19 AM   #7
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

The logins are the same and the front end people see are the same plenty of examples of pro and vbgallery but here are two

Main Index - ExtremeFitness Photo Galleries

Photopost Pro

Sci-Fi Gallery @ http://www.coolscifi.com/gallery

vbGallery

Old December 11th, 2008, 12:14 AM   #8
skidpics
Ultimate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnyVee View Post
I'm not a vBulletin pro, so I'm just trying to figure out what I will be able to or not do from an admin or member standpoint.

I see the differences in the features and, in fact, the uploading via cell phone feature pretty much makes the "Pro" version my choice.

So, how will using Pro affect my members and my admin choices versus using vBGallery? Will they have to log into two separate areas of the site (one for the forums and another for the Photopost)?

Thanks for the quick responses Chuck!
Just an FYI - but cell phone integration isn't working anymore. apparently, that was taken out a while back.
skidpics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 07:02 AM   #9
ArnyVee

Thanks skidpics!

Yes, Chuck mentioned that to me via e-mail. I was disappointed to hear that because it was the main reason I was thinking of going with PhotoPost.

Is there any other gallery out there with the capabilities? Or, another way to upload pics via a cell phone/mobile device for vBulletin?
Old December 11th, 2008, 10:50 AM   #10
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I know of no gallery that has that ability.

Old December 11th, 2008, 06:27 PM   #11
ArnyVee

Chuck (or anyone else for that matter ), any way that I can get it working using Utterli.com or Flickr.com since you can upload pics to them?

Any thoughts on that?

I'd love to have a Gallery mod and have pictures fed to it via mobile when my members are visiting a Disney park
Old December 11th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #12
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

There is no way to import from some external site like those which you dont have access to the database. You can only do imports from where you have database access and for scripts where there are imports written for.

Old December 11th, 2008, 08:46 PM   #13
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

If you go to all the trouble to reupload photos from forum threads to say somewhere else simply reupload them to the gallery

Old December 12th, 2008, 07:26 AM   #14
ArnyVee

Since there's a way that 'attachments' from vBulletin could be displayed somewhere like in the slideshow that I use on my homepage (vBSlideshow mod @ vbcover.com takes attachments in threads assigned to a particular forum and displays them), then why couldn't the same images be posted in a gallery mod?

Again, I'm not someone that knows much about coding, but that has to be possible.
Old December 12th, 2008, 10:35 AM   #15
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Well I am sure if someone was inclined to write such a script it could be done. There is no such script out there so thats what really matters in the long run. You can not import forum content into a gallery. Usually looking at gallery import products companies release they write importers to import competitive gallery products into their product to make people to switch like say albinator, coppermine and gallery2 etc.

Old December 27th, 2008, 08:30 AM   #16
acehawke

vBulletin, In Manage Attachment. They do have "Upload File from a URL" which allow to upload from external link.
acehawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 10:02 AM   #17
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

hello that is in vbulletin sure but we are referring to vbgallery which is not the vbulletin forum

Old December 27th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #18
syrus.xl
Verified Customer

I have tried using 'Flickr' to import, I found I could do it using a PHP proxy file feeding a flash based gallery. I haven't tried this with Photopost Pro though, I used a method to read the RSS feed from 'Flickr' - but I couldn't get this working within Photopost Pro - I would assume vBGallery would suffer the same issues. Basically, you need to be able to read the 'Flickr' RSS feed, then either display the contents or copy them to your own gallery.
syrus.xl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 09:55 PM   #19
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

To upload images you need to actually upload the physical files thats how it is designed in those products.