PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old August 31st, 2008, 09:15 AM   #1
Sola

Instant downloads of apps purchased

It really is abnormal that in this day and age of INSTANT DOWNLOADS, the PP team is yet to find a way around this product download right after purchase issue. There is nothing more terrible in buying software than having to wait forever to download something you have paid for, considering many of us decide to buy/upgrade when we actually have the time to do the work...and then end up losing all that time waiting for some weird validation. You even still use an inflexible anachronism like Yahoo, when there are a zillion other options out there.

Do consider creating client groups (if Yahoo permits!) that allows long time users/multiple license holders to skip this awkward long wait period, after all, we have paid you several times in the past and should have EARNED some level of trust by now! I mean I've been shopping here since 2002, placing my trust in your products! When are you going to trust me and my Paypal payment? Subject new and recent users to the rigmarole if you want...I'm sure they equally think its a pain.

Vent done. Had to get that out of my system.
Sola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2008, 09:37 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Sola

You may think this abnormal but it is not really abnormal at all. We have specific parameters we must follow based on our bank procedures to counter the high amount of fraud in orders like this which means each and every order is hand verified checked against data collected when they order IP addy we do email checks address checks etc. Now as a check here take vbulletin which is the biggest seller in this market we have here. Do they offer instant downloads? No they do not at all! They have the same fraud prevention in place we do.

Just something to ponder. It really does not matter whether we use our own store we create yahoo google etc we still have to hand verifiy information based on our banks policies to cover us.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2008, 10:05 AM   #3
Sola

Thanks for responding, Chuck. Kindly consider my suggestion still.

And I own FIVE VB licenses. Believe me, access is instant.

I do admit there is a lot of fraud out there, but after SIX years of shopping in the same store, the owners get to know you and extend some faith that based on your record, your payment will not hit a bottleneck...is my point.
Sola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2008, 11:27 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I own a couple vb licenses and they are not instant download that I am totally sure on. One of my licenses took a couple hours the other 3 days.

I will pass along your suggestions as that has nothing to do with us on support.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote