PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2008, 08:29 PM   #1
JohnB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1
Couple of pre sale questions

Hi, I have looked at photopost on a few occasions over the years and recently a particular feature(image contest) has caught my attention. And so I am stuck at a the point of developing my own solution or customizing a turn key solution with the possibilities of added core functions.

So most of my interests revolve around this areas of the script.

1. Does photopost allow doe customizations similar to vBulletin(templates etc)? - If so... do you offer branding free licensing?

2. Does the photopost image contest feature allow members to submit images along with a summary, exif data etc etc?

3. Can the image data be carried over onto another thread in vBulletin?
Does or can photopost share variables or table data other than userID and usergroup information vBulletin? - We normally collect credits for votes on users profiles and I was wondering if there was a way to carry this information through photopost as well.

4. I noticed the two versions are now offered under the same license(very cool), however I also saw that the image contest features are not offered in the vB Gallery version. - Is there a plugin or mod that would allow such a feature?

PS. I would of liked to look into the MOD section of the site to get a better idea of where addons stand but its locked down tighter than fort Knox!

5. Again on the topic of vars...our currently system uses vBulletin's attachment thumbnailsto generate a top 5 listing on our site front page(vBadvance). Is the image/tumbnail code in photopost comparable to vBulletin's attachment system? - Would it be compatible with any of vBadvance's integration features?

***
Would it be possible to show potential customers what MODS and Customizations are available(read only) for photopost rather than hide that section under a veil of mystery?

I have more questions, but they are mostly dependent on the list posted above.

Thanks for your help with this.
JohnB
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2008, 10:38 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer
 
Chuck S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Abingdon,MD
Posts: 75,052
Quote:
1. Does photopost allow doe customizations similar to vBulletin(templates etc)? - If so... do you offer branding free licensing?
You are free to modify your code to suit you and just like vbulletin we do not support those changes. We do offer brand free licensing and this is also located in our online store.

Quote:
2. Does the photopost image contest feature allow members to submit images along with a summary, exif data etc etc?
The upload feature allows a user to upload images place titles and descriptions on photos as well as jhead if installed can extract exif info. Voting is somethat that is done after photos have been uploaded when users view the category of photos.

Quote:
3. Can the image data be carried over onto another thread in vBulletin?
Does or can photopost share variables or table data other than userID and usergroup information vBulletin? - We normally collect credits for votes on users profiles and I was wondering if there was a way to carry this information through photopost as well.
vBulletin and PhotoPost do not share data in fact vBulletin does not even know we are there. To do that you would need to write some vbulletin hac or mod as its called to grab variables and print them.

Quote:
4. I noticed the two versions are now offered under the same license(very cool), however I also saw that the image contest features are not offered in the vB Gallery version. - Is there a plugin or mod that would allow such a feature?
There is no modification that I am aware of for vbgallery for that.

Quote:
PS. I would of liked to look into the MOD section of the site to get a better idea of where addons stand but its locked down tighter than fort Knox!
It is locked down just like support so one does not see code before they own a license.

Quote:
5. Again on the topic of vars...our currently system uses vBulletin's attachment thumbnailsto generate a top 5 listing on our site front page(vBadvance). Is the image/tumbnail code in photopost comparable to vBulletin's attachment system? - Would it be compatible with any of vBadvance's integration features?
Not sure really what your asking there. What do you mean comparable to vb's attachment system. They both upload an image and can generate a thumbnail I beleive but thats about as far as vb's system goes whereas we are a photo gallery.
__________________
Photopost Developer and Support Engineer

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some pre-sale questions TheLastMohican Before You Buy 5 April 20th, 2007 09:25 AM
Pre-sale questions TerraJeep Before You Buy 1 December 12th, 2006 09:33 AM
vbgallery - pre sale questions safin Before You Buy 2 August 10th, 2006 11:09 AM
pre-sale questions jux7000 Before You Buy 3 March 30th, 2005 09:37 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.