PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2008, 02:31 AM   #1
jeff
Verified Customer

example of Vbullitin and Photopost

I just bought both programs today , but as I have been looking as example sites with photopost, I have not seen how having a forum like vbullitin works with photopost. I did not see any sites with photos that had threads associated with the photos. Can anyone point me to some so I can see an example of this.
jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 07:44 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I am not sure what you mean by photos that have threads associated?

You can post a photo inline in a thread with ubbcode but the forum and gallery are two separate products. Photos can have comments but its not a forum thread.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 09:20 PM   #3
jeff
Verified Customer

I guess I miss understood the association

Chuck,
I guess I miss understood the association that can be done. Our primary goal is to show a theatrical stage setup photo (in a gallery arrangement) that a given user would post and he would put comments below the photo. secondary to that we wanted to have other users see the photo and then post questions and comments to the owner of the photo.

We are wanting the front end of this to look much like a gallery and have the ability to drill into a photo and be able to post once they have looked at a photo and ask questions about the photo. Our users are going to be staff members or large churches who use their church stage for different themed events and want to see what others are doing and ask questions about the details etc. here is a gallery with photos of some stages that we have printed for churches: Group Imaging

The goal is for users to come to the forum and get ideas for these graphically intense stages (and we hope that many times they will use our services to print them when they are needing printed graphics)

Do you have a sample sight that is using the photos in relation to the forum like this? So we want users to come and browse the photos first and then pick one they are interested in and then proceed to consider posting a comment.

thanks. fyi, we have already just paid for both products.
jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2008, 11:31 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

The application can present photos in a specific order if thats how you upload them or stick them per category sure

http://www.photopost.com/photopost/s...ry.php/cat/507

However to comment you actually need to view an actual photo and place a comment.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote