PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old July 10th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #1
-Om-
Verified Customer

2 quick pre-purchase questions

Im preparing to launch a new general discussion forum (running vB 3.7.1) and am looking for the best photo gallery program for my particular site. Love what Im reading on Photopost and seeing checking out numerous demos. Looks like the industry standard. I like that.

For my own comfort level, Id like to try the install myself, both as part of my learning curve (first time webmaster) and getting familiar with how things are configured on the server from day one. To that end Id appreciate any feedback on a couple questions if I may:

1) Im using 2 templates, with a number of style coding differences between them. Is that going to complicate my install much, or will the instructions work regardless of minor code variances?

2) If I royally screw it up, will you come to my rescue and promise not to laugh?

Thanks in advance.
-Om- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 01:23 PM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

1. An install is an install. I have compiled the top issues people face here.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photo...solutions.html

Installation instructions are located right off the support tab pressed in the header of our site.

2. Yes we will not laugh if you need us to install you can purchase an install service or post on support with an issue you have.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2008, 11:43 AM   #3
-Om-
Verified Customer

I appreciate the straight answers.

Order placed. Discretion being the better part of valor, also order installation service. Excited about the product and looking forward to asking more equally penetrating questions in the future.
Old July 12th, 2008, 11:50 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Not a problem look forward to having you as a customer

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old July 12th, 2008, 12:04 PM   #5
-Om-
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
Not a problem look forward to having you as a customer
Thanks.

Will provide pertinent access information for install upon request.
Old July 12th, 2008, 12:28 PM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Customer Service should send you the install email which has the document and all the info we need.

Old July 14th, 2008, 11:43 AM   #7
-Om-
Verified Customer

Update:

I ordered my license and installation request Saturday night around 8 pm. Within 24 hours, it was not only installed & integrated, but Chuck had responded to an email Sunday evening and been back to my site to provide additional support. Bottom line, it took 1 day--a Sunday no less--from start to finish.

In my experience, that kind of response/support is highly unusual, especially so insofar as custom installation of a product like this. I'm generally a pretty impatient customer; I like to get what I order promptly and get timely answers to the specific questions that inevitably arise when you apply a new application to a customized site. I'm also a relative novice at webmastering, and have found few support types with the patience/ability to clearly explain matters in a way less-technically savvy people can understand.

I've already told Chuck this personally, but I want to say it here as well. Outstanding product, outstanding support. Can't ask for anything more.
Old July 15th, 2008, 11:25 AM   #8
Darwin
Verified Customer

Hi,

I bought in June 2007 a License of Photo-Post 5.62.
Now I wanted actually download and upgrade to Version 6.11. That`s not possible for me because "My License expired".

After only one Year I have to buy a complete new License for an Update ? For the Full Price of the Product !?

Not very Costumer-Friendly and a good Reason to switch to Coppermine or similar.

Michael
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 12:11 PM   #9
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Hello

A slight misunderstanding here. Your license is good forever. You can run just like vbulletin or many other popular software programs the version you bought or the version you had until download access expired forever on your site thats not a problem. Now with a license you get a full year of support and download access to download code updates. Now if your year is up all you need to do is purchase a members area renewal for $39.00. This is pretty standard for any commercial software application sold. It is your choice whether to renew or not.