PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old February 24th, 2008, 08:09 PM   #1
MktgWiz
Verified Customer

Question New PhotoPost Owner - No Photos After Upload?

Hello Everyone

Just installed the latest PhotoPost at http://www.virginiaphotographer.net when you upload (Takes awhile for the upload 2.8 meg file) the progress rotation doesn't spin then finally comes up and says Successful Upload yet nothing appears?

I am sure its something simple. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Successfully yours,

George Marsh
Marketing Wiz
george@mktgwiz.com
MktgWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2008, 08:31 PM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

PHP is set to a file limit on uploaded files to 2mb so if you upload larger files the server drops them. You would need to edit the php settings on your server to allow large file uploads. Do you have this ability?

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2008, 08:54 PM   #3
MktgWiz
Verified Customer

My PhotoPost is hosted on Godaddy.com

Hello Chuck

Thanks for the quick response. I currently have deluxe hosting option on Godaddy.com. I have looked around but see no file size setting that I can change? If I do not hear back from you shortly I will call them to find out how I can change it. Thanks!

Successfully yours,

George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
PHP is set to a file limit on uploaded files to 2mb so if you upload larger files the server drops them. You would need to edit the php settings on your server to allow large file uploads. Do you have this ability?
Old February 24th, 2008, 11:15 PM   #4
MktgWiz
Verified Customer

Unhappy Contacted Godaddy - Not working different problem?

Hello Chuck

OK I contacted Godaddy.com they instructed me to modify the php.ini file in my host root directory and I added these lines:

memory_limit = 50M
post_max_size = 10M
upload_max_filesize = 5M

so the entire php.ini file looks like this:

register_globals = off
allow_url_fopen = off

expose_php = Off
max_input_time = 60
variables_order = "EGPCS"
extension_dir = ./
upload_tmp_dir = /tmp
precision = 12
SMTP = relay-hosting.secureserver.net
url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset="

memory_limit = 50M
post_max_size = 10M
upload_max_filesize = 5M

[Zend]
zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.so
zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so

Now when I go to upload a photo when I choose the catagory I am automatically sent back to the maine PhotoPost page or my home page of the site? If I simply say choose file when my file window pops up I can see behind it that the page resorts back to the home page of the site. Not allowing me to upload anything at all?

Before I was at least able to upload the file and it say successful but not uploading the actual photo, now this?

I was hoping to have this done tonight, but appears you have signed out for awhile..hopefully this is a easy fix?

Successfully yours,

George

Quote:
Old February 25th, 2008, 02:54 AM   #5
MktgWiz
Verified Customer

This appears to be an issue with Safari - Mac

Hello Chuck

After pulling most of my hair out. I decided on a whim to jump on one of my PC's to see if the same thing happened and it worked fine? I work primarily on a MacBook Pro laptop and when my sweetheart was helping earlier testing it she was using her MacBook Dual Core Laptop and it was hanging up and not showing the photo and she was using Safari as well, the only difference is she was using Tiger and I am on Leopard? It also works on my MacBook Pro using the latest FireFox.

You will see everything seems to working fine now if you visit
http://www.virginiaphotographer.net

Just would like to know if it is in fact an issue with Safari on the new Leopard operating system causing it to jump back to the main page and now allowing me to upload, so I can inform my users who maybe using Macs before it becomes an issue.

Thanks again!

George
Old February 25th, 2008, 10:09 AM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

The error you had was on the server itself not the computer end. Your server dropped the file as it was larger than the server allows. Now what do you mean she cant view it?

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old February 25th, 2008, 02:21 PM   #7
MktgWiz
Verified Customer

Sorry let me clarify!

Hello Chuck

Your absolutely correct that the actual fix to not seeing the photo and it showing successful upload was in fact a line that needed to be added to my host root account called php.ini which I described above.

However that fixxed the problem and now allows you to upload photos nicely, only if you are on a Windows (IE) PC, or a Mac Running the older Tiger OS, however when I use my Safari on my MacBook Pro which has the newest OS Leopard when you go to upload it takes you back to the main page from the upload screen, if you try to comment on a photo it doesn't allow you to do so and sends you back to the main page?

Make sense?

Successfully yours,

George

Quote:
The error you had was on the server itself not the computer end. Your server dropped the file as it was larger than the server allows. Now what do you mean she cant view it?
Old February 25th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #8
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

George that would suggest that somehow your MAC is preventing the file from being uploaded to the server as your server allows that size of a file to upload. I have never personally owned a MAC so you might want to search MAC limits on that new operating system to see if there is anything that prevents certain filesizes to be sent. Maybe an operating system restriction. Off the top of my head only thing I can think of.