PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old February 1st, 2008, 01:52 AM   #1
Arika

Lightbulb High queries, bad product ?

I was thinking about buying photopost but i heard alot of bad stuff about it and one of it was the high queries even when i contacted the photopost they told me , it generate 15-20 queries per page ???? I think that is way too much for such a gallery. Will there be any better version in future that fixes a lot of this gallery issue ?

I wouldn't want to buy something that would cause me server issues and bug issues.
Arika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 07:37 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Hello

i beleive you where told a page could have between 8-20 queries depending on what features are used and whether your an admin or not. This is not alot of queries for a product like this and not alot of load. Some pages may only have 2-3 queries it all depends on the script one is talking about. The index page for example may generate the most queries since there are many options one can turn on or off.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:43 PM   #3
Arika

What product can be taken out to make it 2-5 queries max per page ? Because a broad idea 8-20 is just too much. Can you provide more detail to reduce queries to like you said 2-3 queries.
Old February 1st, 2008, 06:21 PM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

No we can not provide that. The program is written as it is and is very successful in thousands of sites so I have no idea who is feeding you false information but the queries I am stating are very familiar in dynamic programs like this.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old February 1st, 2008, 08:12 PM   #5
Arika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
No we can not provide that. The program is written as it is and is very successful in thousands of sites so I have no idea who is feeding you false information but the queries I am stating are very familiar in dynamic programs like this.
No one fed me any false information it was photopost staff that i contact who said this vb gallery generates 15-20 queries per page , and he showed me a couple of sites, sure it works on other sites with dedicate servers but if that site isn't really popular then this gallery softawre won't cause any issues but with such high traffic this gallery could be a really issue.

Also an example, the admin of this site says that this gallery is really buggy and bad scriped but they have no choice but to use it.

hongfire.com

That wasn't the only people who told me that btw, i've hear a lot of complains over http://www.vbulletin.org/forum about how this software is bad scriped and causing so many issues. So i wanted to make sure before even concerning buying it but u didn't give me a right solid answer about how to have queries down to 3-5 per page.

So I count that these issues are really true till you guys release a new version concerning these issues.
Old February 1st, 2008, 08:45 PM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

There are no issues here though. This is what we have told you. Have you ever turned on the vbulletin debug to see how many queries exist to generate a vb page?

Most all the example sites you see here are high volume sites and run perfect

http://www.photopost.com/sitesphp.html

You do not need a dedicated server to run photopost infact most photopost sites reside on shared hosting.

You are not going to find any full feature rich gallery product that only has 2-3 queries a page and your very own vbulletin forum runs at least 8 -20 queries depending on the options turned on.

http://www.hongfire.com/cg/

In fact I show no issues on the very gallery your saying complains its bad.

Old February 1st, 2008, 09:02 PM   #7
Arika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
There are no issues here though. This is what we have told you. Have you ever turned on the vbulletin debug to see how many queries exist to generate a vb page?

Most all the example sites you see here are high volume sites and run perfect

http://www.photopost.com/sitesphp.html

You do not need a dedicated server to run photopost infact most photopost sites reside on shared hosting.

You are not going to find any full feature rich gallery product that only has 2-3 queries a page and your very own vbulletin forum runs at least 8 -20 queries depending on the options turned on.

http://www.hongfire.com/cg/

In fact I show no issues on the very gallery your saying complains its bad.
They are on a cluster server. But that is what Shragie the tech admin of that site ^ who take care of all the server issues told me when i told him i am planing on buying the photo post gallery. He said it is very buggy to deal with but the owner wants it so they had no choice but to use it.

I really don't want to buy something than later have to not use it because of the high queries it uses or the massive sources it needs to run. How is the teck support in here ? I mean ticket wise not posting in forums to get help.

Last edited by Arika; February 1st, 2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 09:13 AM   #8
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Well we have as stated over 10000 customers. Your using the word of one guy to inform an option which is totally wrong. Photopost has been developed extensively over 6 years and is not buggy. The queries per page are normal for any php mysql application. They are no doubt on a clustered server since they have an extremely busy site which has nothing to do with photopost but the load in general on their extremely busy vbulletin site. Tech support is available via the support forums or support email.

Old February 2nd, 2008, 10:55 AM   #9
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

Your posts come across more as "bashing" than a genuine interest in getting answers to questions. If you don't want to listen to the answers, then maybe the best solution for you is another product.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 04:25 PM   #10
Arika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
Your posts come across more as "bashing" than a genuine interest in getting answers to questions. If you don't want to listen to the answers, then maybe the best solution for you is another product.
Excuse me ? I am not bashing. I wouldn't want to buy something and later find it causing so many issues, and try to ask for help and find this on every photopost staff member. No tickets as well.

Quote:
I've bough rpg inferno and they say it is great etc.. and it causes such a high server load, same thing with this gallery, i asked what people think, and a lot of people specially over vbulletin.org said it caused them many issues specially when there is a lot of user viewing the gallery. So I simple wanted to verify that because i really need a gallery.

Nothing is wrong from asking. Better than buy something and not use it later on. You can't say if you don't like it don't buy it, other then give more detail on the product.

Last edited by Arika; February 2nd, 2008 at 08:56 PM.