I have newly installed jhead to extract exif information. Works very well with newly uploaded images: Exif is being extracted and camera-symbol shown on showphoto.php. Information given there is correct. So the jhead and exif settings have to be correct.
I ran a scan on my database to read exif from the photos already present in the gallery. Scan worked well. If I look at the database directly, I can see the exif-information that was read from the images (pp_exif.exifinfo).
Now the problem: The camera-symbol does not show. From looking at showphoto.php I gather that Photopost decides whether to show the symbol or not on basis of pp_photos.exifinfo (1=show, 0=don't show). My newly uploaded images sport a shining 1 there, whereas all old images feature a dim 0, altough there definitely is exif info for that image in pp_exif.exifinfo.
How can I make photopost to recognize that newly added exif information? And no, sadly not all the images have exif information. If that was the case, I just would set the whole pp_photos.exifinfo column to 1.
Any help appreciated.
Additional info: I'm running 6.01, and I repeated the exif rescan twice.
Hello. I am having a problem related to this. The solution to run the upgrade script does in fact fix the problem of changing the 'exifinfo' value to 1 for images that contain EXIF. However, when I upload a new image that contains EXIF, the show EXIF button never appears.
I have confirmed that the EXIF info is being read into the database on upload. The pp_exif table contains all of the info needed. The value for 'exifinfo' is remaining at 0 for some reason. Running the upgrade script again changes it to 1. Obviously running the upgrade script every time an image is uploaded is not practical. Any idea what the problem is? I am running 6.01.
Yes, as I said, the EXIF is actually being extracted and entered into the database, the INFO icon is simply not being displayed. If I manually change the 'exifinfo' field to '1' it displays fine. For some reason 'exifinfo' is being left at '0' on new uploads.
Here's a link to one I uploaded last night. It has EXIF, and in fact the EXIF is in the database, it simply doesn't display.
Well, it's working now. The code was the same, but apparently something happened during the 6.01 > 6.1 upgrade that made everything better... it also gave me the motivation to upgrade VB from 3.6.8 to 3.7.1 and redo my templates, so it was a productive day
Glad your happy and everything is upgraded to the latest versions thats always a nice feeling doing a little work on your site and updating things. At least I always enjoy it. Have a wonderful weekend.