PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old January 22nd, 2008, 11:55 AM   #1
ctfortner
Verified Customer

Integration question with vbulletin

Hello,

Nice product. Hope it will work for me.

I have a website that uses a script for a social community. They offer the same thing you do, integration with different forums. So I use vbulletin 3.68, but I have all my registrations go through my main site script, which then sends (syncs) the info to VB, creates the account in VB, etc..

I have all my VB settings redirected to my main site script as well, such as change password, change email address, etc.., because if a change like this were made in VB, it would not sync it back to my main site script. However when these changes (password updates, email changes) are made from my main script, it will auto sync it to VB, so I just force my users to make those changes through the main script.

I hope thats not too confusing.

So my question is, can reviewpost work for me integrated in VBulletin? How does your script update information to and from VB? I didnt know if this would cause a problem, since the VB script is not my main source for registration and profile changes.
ctfortner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 01:53 PM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Hello

Our script does not have to update anything really with the forum. We integrate with vbulletin meaning all user info is pulled from the vb user table etc. As long as you hack properly hacked vbulletin so user records etc all are standard vb records with a standard vb cookie authentication things should work fine as we integrate with vbulletin. We call the register script in vbulletin so if you have some redirect on that script in vb I assume it should work fine although if anything you need to alter you may need to alter our integration file to point to your registration script if you have not properly redirected any call to vb's register script to yours.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:24 AM   #3
ctfortner
Verified Customer

Thanks for the info Chuck, so it sounds like a good possibility of it either working, or being able to make it work. If I understand you correctly, your script will pull the info from VB, right?

So if someone updates their info in my main script, then it pushes it to VB, then reviewpost should pull that info? So when would that happen, timeframe wise? Is there a setting that says update this every xxx minutes, or does it constantly look for changes, or what? Just curious how long (roughly) it would be for all scripts to be in sync when a change was made.

Is there anything that I, or you, could look at in my current setup to see if this would work ok, or if we could make it work ok? I would like to buy, but I know there is no refunds, so I want to be sure if possible.

Thanks!
Old January 23rd, 2008, 10:55 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

1. yes it pulls vb

2. we pull info from vb explicitly so as stated i think you might want to check your own scripts to determine what the timeframe is as this would have nothing to do with out program since all we do is query the forum and grab the forum info

3. As stated we integrate with vbulletin so as long as users exist in vb you should be fine.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:36 PM   #5
ctfortner
Verified Customer

Ok, thanks for the info.

Quote:
2. we pull info from vb explicitly so as stated i think you might want to check your own scripts to determine what the timeframe is as this would have nothing to do with out program since all we do is query the forum and grab the forum info
A little more on this, I am not sure of the timeframe that my script updates VB, or how that worksexactly, but when testing this, I changed my password in my script, then went straight to VB, and it was immediately changed there too. So i am assuming that once a change is made and then they go to VB, it then syncs the info at that time, is my best guess.

So, I guess I was wondering, how long would it take for your script to update, once vb has been updated?

Scenario: User changes password in my script, clicks on VB forum (their info has now been updated in VB as well) then they go to my reviewpost forum area. Would it be auto updated for your script at that point? What is the process of your script receiving updates from VB? Certain length of time that it checks for changes, or automatically done when vb changes and then they click on reviewpost area, etc..

Sorry, I am not very code savvy, so I apologize if these are weird questions.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:05 PM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Our script does not update in any manner. We pull the vb information from their database as noted in my replies. We run queries against vb to grab the user info so there is no update time. We use the information that exists in vb.

Old January 23rd, 2008, 09:39 PM   #7
ctfortner
Verified Customer

Ok, I think I am with you know. Must have misunderstood somehow
I see it all much clearer now. Sounds like their shouldnt be any issues then, I will look to get this soon.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 10:18 PM   #8
ctfortner
Verified Customer

Oh yeah, meant to ask if the zipcode search function was still part of reviewpost? I recall it used to be, wasnt sure about now, cant see anything stating that it is. thanks
Old January 24th, 2008, 09:23 AM   #9
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Yes both reviewpost and classifieds have the zipcode code function.

Old January 28th, 2008, 09:47 AM   #10
ctfortner
Verified Customer

Help please

Hello again Chuck,

I have actually bought the script and installed it now. Having some issues, I am sure its something I did, but not sure what. I also cannot login to admin.

I could not figure out how to login to the forums here as a purchased customer, so here is the issue currently.

This is reviewpost with integrated Vbulletin (VB3)

I used a seperate DB for reviewpost, called reviewpost.

In my config-inc i said to use rp_ for prefix, I also copy/pasted that info in the gui config part.

When I go to my main reviewpost home, this is the first thing that shows

Quote:
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/todd/public_html/reviewpost/forums/vb3.php on line 33
Under the navbar, I see

Quote:
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/todd/public_html/reviewpost/forums/vb3.php on line 67
None of my members imported over, and when i am logged in to my main forum, I am NOT logged into reviewpost.

Should I re-install? Will that cause any issues? I am not sure what to change though?

On a side not, my reviewpost template is way off, extends past header and footer, I would like to fix that to, but first things first

thanks,
Old January 28th, 2008, 10:20 AM   #11
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

members dont import over. We query your vb users table and grab their info based on login or the cookie. Your issue is because on step 4 you did not input the proper vbulletin database table prefix for your forum where noted also while your at it enter your correct cookie prefix of bb where asked on that step as well. Now I am assuming that on the initial config settings you inputted the correct reviewpost and vbulletin database settings where noted. If you do this then you should be properly installed and we can deal with any style issues after this.

Old January 28th, 2008, 10:55 AM   #12
ctfortner
Verified Customer

Ok, so i assume you want me to re-run the install.php right? How is that supposed to go, so i dont mess it all up.

I ran install again, set everything on step 1 rp_ for database prefix (it did not ask for cookie prefix yet), went to step 2, it found imagemagik, went to step 3 and it explodes saying this already exists, duplicate entry, etc...

Went to step 4 and entered bb for cookie and all that, went to step 5, finished, still not working? Here is some info on what I am doing

Step 1

Path to Reviewpost Installation (must be set properly for script to work: /home/todd/public_html/reviewpost

Reviewpost DB name: reviewpost and configued login credentials

Reviewpost Database Prefix (cannot be changed once set): rp_

User database name: set to vb database with credentials

Step 2

Testing MOGRIFY at: /usr/bin/.... OK, found the file!
Verification Completed!

Step 3

Tons of errors about duplicates etc.. then at the bottom I click external user registration

Step 4

Forum integration: VB3
Forums database table prefix: rp_
Forum Cookie Prefix: bb
URL to Reviewpost main script directory: http://www.*mydomain*.com/reviewpost/

Step 5

Server path to forum directory: /home/todd/public_html/reviewpost/forum What should this be? forum path, or /reviewpost/forums path?

Server Path to Reviewpost directory: /home/todd/public_html/reviewpost

Reviewpost Database Table Prefixes: rp_

VB integration: all 3 set to on

URL to your forums: http://www.mydomain.com/forum

URL to your reviewpost: http://www.mydomain.com/reviewpost

Anything look out of whack?
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:35 PM   #13
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Step 4

Forum integration: VB3
Forums database table prefix: rp_
Forum Cookie Prefix: bb
URL to Reviewpost main script directory: http://www.*mydomain*.com/reviewpost/

There is your issue as I have posted on step 4 you keep entering the incorrect table prefix for your vbulletin forum where asked. You seem to be inputting your reviewpost prefix there not vbulletin Hope that helps

Server path to forum directory: /home/todd/public_html/reviewpost/forum What should this be? forum path, or /reviewpost/forums path?

/home/todd/public_html/forum

Old January 28th, 2008, 01:31 PM   #14
ctfortner
Verified Customer

DOH!! thanks a ton chuck, that was it.

So far so good, except for uploading images. It does work, if i use a small image like an icon, but trying to upload a larger image, it give me the geometry error 126.... So I went in and changed

Thumbnail image max width and height in pixels (from 100 to 400) and then re-uploaded the image, and that worked, but it was huge obviously and threw the page off. Is there a standard, or recommended setting I should use to allow decent file upload sizes, but not expand the viewing area? I dont see the option for supersize pics either, but that may be a setting I havent found yet.

thanks for all the help
Old January 28th, 2008, 01:51 PM   #15
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

a 126 error notes an issue with it finding Imagemagick you can try setting your image processor in global options in admin to GD2 and see if that helps.

Old January 29th, 2008, 01:11 PM   #16
ctfortner
Verified Customer

ok thanks, i did the GD2 and that works. I will just run that with hopes it doesnt cause a strain at some point, it wont now, because its new.

I will leave you alone for now , but what do i need to do to get the licensed acccess to the forums, I didnt see how to do that and would like to access the other areas. thanks
Old January 29th, 2008, 01:23 PM   #17
ctfortner
Verified Customer

i think i found the answer, I updated my email address to match the license info.
Old January 29th, 2008, 01:43 PM   #18
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

enjoy anything else you should be able to post in the proper support forums now that you did that.