Two Issues (Footer sometimes doesn't show, rewatermarking images)
Hi Chuck and everyone else - I've got a couple of issues on a client's site that I am having a difficult time with.
1. On some images, the footer of the site fails to display. The issue is not completely random. It's just that certain image pages seem to die before the footer displays. I've checked everything that I can think of but haven't been able to come up with a solution. I thought at first that it was just certain galleries, but I've ruled that out.
2. There is a need with this site to rewatermark images with a new watermark. The new watermark was specially designed to fit seamlessly over the old watermark, and this worked wonderfully. Chuck, I ran your query found in another thread to set the watermarked status of every image. I then used the tool in the administration area to re-watermark all of the images. This worked very well and the images look great. The thing is this: Not ALL images were re-watermarked for some reason. Some images (again, completely random) still bear the old watermark. I reran the query to reset watermark status and tried again, and again, some images were not re-watermarked. Should I try to rebuild images AND re-watermark? I don't want to do this unless instructed as the gallery is very large.
I dont know what to tell you about the watermarks since things arent designed to be rewatermarked. My hints in that thread where just that. I guess you would need to investigate in the database for that image the watermark field and see what it says. I would suspect it is set to yes which means it cant be watermarked.
As far as the photos if you edit the photo is there any data in there that would cause an issue. If you turn off ubbcode show direct and show html in showphoto options does that correct things. Basically from what I am seeing your page is stopping at that point. I cant say why just looking at the page.
well you know I am very limited in what I see here.
As far as the watermarking you need to double check this.
SELECT * FROM pp_photos WHERE watermarked='no'
The watermark in scan database should scan and watermarked anything marked no. NULL does not work. Yes does not work. That field for the photo in the photos table must be no.
The footer thing I am stumped on as my access is quite limited on that site so I can not see much but it seems to me it stops printing after the $pmenu so it stops here on certain photos for whatever reason in showphoto template.
Content visible to verified customers only.
You can download the source reupload all the files except the config files and see if that helps. I guess the thing here is to determine the common denominator on the photos that do not show the whole page.
Okay well I think I have asked this before what is the common issue here with these photos?
Example your first picture you post the page stops when posting the comments on the photo
Your second link the page stops loading after the keywords when your loading the admin/user menu
Your third link the page stops loading after the admin/user menu but before the ubbcode link.
So obviously you have an issue no one else does and something that can not be reproduced. Are you using altered code in any respect?
Here is my suggestion.
1. Repair and optimize all photopost database tables.
2. Upload totally clean 6.02 photopost files that are not hacked. Remember never overwrite your config files
3. See if this fixes the issue. if not move to step 4.
4. Turn off in edit integration your vb3 boxes to off. You can then view your links does the entire page print?
If your answer is yes to number 4 then something in vb is conflicting with photopost in vb so try turning off your vb plugins and turn things on one at a time till you find out what is interfering with the page.
First thing to check would be disabling your plugins and turning back on the vb integration and seeing if it shows. Then if it does you turn on your hacks one by one till you find the one that blows up the site.
the only hack i know of that was installed in addition to this gallery was that hack that makes your profile actually link to your forum profile, instead of the gallery profile page... since chuck upgraded the gallery a few months ago, that hack disappeared... maybe it has something to do with that hack and some leftover files?
then there are those leftover installs of vb gallery, maybe we should remove those as well now to avoid further possible errors...
Disabling every single VB plugin/product and re-enabling VB3 integration did nothing. I too thought about the memory increase, but it's already set at 60M. As a test I set it to 120M, but the problem remains.