PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old October 17th, 2007, 05:31 PM   #1
ludachris
Verified Customer

Angry I need to rant...

Sorry but I'm frustrated with All Enthusiast Inc at the moment...

I'm a longtime Photopost customer. I own 3 PP licenses, 3 PP Classified licenses, and now, 3 PP VBGallery licenses. I changed over to vbgallery before PP bought the rights and imported my PP galleries into vbgalleries. That script had great potential to do everything PP did but had a much better integration with vb (templates/code base). I am now stuck with 3 PP licenses I don't ever intend to use again along with 3 PP vbgallery licenses that are losing value every year since PP will likely never allow vbgallery to become anywhere near as feature-rich as their more expensive product.

Can anyone understand my frustration? I feel like I've been robbed on this. I've basically flushed away $387 on PP licenses that I cannot get back. And now the money I've spent on 3 vbgallery licenses is going to go nowhere since the potential for the script will be limited due to the buy-out. So now what? Do I go risk going with a new gallery software? And to rub more salt in the wound PP license holders now have access to vbgallery as well, so if I were to wait I could have moved over to vbgallery for free!

Your products aren't bad guys but damn it if you haven't really screwed me over here (even if indirectly) after I've spent a good chunk of money with you and referred a bunch of other people.
ludachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 05:39 PM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Hello I can feel your frustration for sure and I do beleive I have addressed this issue twice in your two previous posts today. You will find your answers in those posts.

If there is anything else I can do to assist let me know.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 12:33 AM   #3
KenDude
Verified Customer

Chuck S,
One quick question is VbGallery still being supported? I posted a bug report with screen cap 3 days ago in the bug section and haven't seen any confirmation that anyone on your end has looked at it, or has a fix, etc.
KenDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 09:13 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Yes it is supported and is still being developed. I will contact Zach and find out why he has not responded. Since I support our main 3 original products I do not spend alot of time in that support support area as my jobs with the company keep me busy enough.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old October 18th, 2007, 02:54 PM   #5
ludachris
Verified Customer

Yeah, I know... "vbgallery is still being developed". But tell me this, is Zach looking at Photopost Pro and trying to add all the same features into vbgallery? Probably not. They're competing products. What motivation would there be to develop vbgallery to the same level as Photopost Pro? It wouldn't make good business sense for you guys.

That's why I feel I got screwed with this whole thing. At least when vbadvanced owned the rights to the script there was the potential that our investment would lead to a product that had all the same features as PP. There is little chance of that now. And I (as well as others in my situation) am out of luck and have lost out on my investment.

Chuck, this isn't personal. You've always given good support. There's nothing you can really say that will make this situation right unless you're going to tell me that vbgallery will eventually have most all the same features as PP, or that my PP licenses will be reimbursed. Anything short of those two scenarios doesn't do me any good.
ludachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 05:40 PM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Thanks for the compliment but just for the record my comments are not meant to make things right merely to inform you of the facts since you seem to have missed out on the email we sent. You might want to contact Zach and see what his ideas are on things to add. Remember these are two separate codebases so they may be lots Zach would have trouble porting over but surely some things can be added like playing multimedia inline etc. Since I support our other 3 products and develop 2 of the 4 products we sell I basically do not deal with vbgallery in any manner.

Old October 18th, 2007, 05:43 PM   #7
0ptima

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludachris View Post

That's why I feel I got screwed with this whole thing. At least when vbadvanced owned the rights to the script there was the potential that our investment would lead to a product that had all the same features as PP. There is little chance of that now. And I (as well as others in my situation) am out of luck and have lost out on my investment.
This is exactly how I feel, vbgallery does not get enough attention from the company that owns it.

I would like to see a vbgallery micro site that only focused on vbgallery. The site could be very simple and just show the features of the software. If someone wanted to buy vbgallery, get support, etc, the micro site would link to photopost.com
0ptima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 05:46 PM   #8
0ptima

Whats wrong with this picture?

Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.
vbGallery does not "optionally integrate"

0ptima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 06:00 PM   #9
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Please read further down that page

http://www.photopost.com/featuresphp.html#forvb

Old October 21st, 2007, 06:32 AM   #10
TheComputerGuy
Verified Customer

Send a message via ICQ to TheComputerGuy Send a message via AIM to TheComputerGuy Send a message via Yahoo to TheComputerGuy
Quote:
PhotoPost Pro is our flagship product. By far, we have spent the most time and energy developing PhotoPost Pro and designing it to be absolutely packed full of powerful and fully customizable features. PhotoPost Pro can function as a standalone gallery on your site (complete with its own built-in accounts registration system), or it can integrate with vBulletin and a variety of other forums as shown in the Forum Integrations table.

PhotoPost vBGallery requires vBulletin and works as a vBulletin add-on. It is a lighter, more streamlined version of PhotoPost, and doesn't include many of the more advanced features of PhotoPost Pro. However, some vBulletin site owners prefer PhotoPost vBGallery because it uses vBulletin's templates system, which offers advantages for some advanced vBulletin owners. View the complete comparison of PhotoPost Pro to PhotoPost vB Gallery for more details.
Does that mean new users can choose, but old licenses keep vB Gallery?
TheComputerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2007, 09:14 AM   #11
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Yes and No. We emailed all customers announcing this and I do beleive their was a pricing structure to convert your license if you purchased it from us at a lower price etc. You can email sales@photopost.com for full details.

Old October 21st, 2007, 02:19 PM   #12
TheComputerGuy
Verified Customer

Send a message via ICQ to TheComputerGuy Send a message via AIM to TheComputerGuy Send a message via Yahoo to TheComputerGuy
thanks for the reply. I need to update my email I never check the one related to my licenses because of spam
TheComputerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote