PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > PhotoPost Support > PhotoPost Pro Support Forums > Photopost Pro Import Scripts

Photopost Pro Import Scripts Looking to upgrade to PhotoPost? We'll post any importers we develop here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average. Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2010, 12:42 PM   #121
Dark Lord
Verified Customer

I've checked and double checked and I'm 99.99% sure the paths are correct, I've checked permissions and they are all at 777 and I deleted everything out of the data dir and nothing got recreated.
Dark Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2010, 12:46 PM   #122
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Well if you run the import script and your data directories are not getting created then your paths or permissions have to be the issue. There really is no software change I can give you to make that work. Try checking your server error logs to see if you can spot any issues.

Also you can modify the import script and remove the @ off the front of the mkdir lines and run the import script and see if it prints any errors that might help.

This script has been around for along time and been used to import alot of sites.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:11 PM   #123
Dark Lord
Verified Customer

this is from my error log

Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.
Code:
Don't know if that helps?
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:18 PM   #124
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

well lets see if you can get some more real extended messages remove the @ from in front of those commands in the script and run an import.

Basically thats just telling me what we already know that directory is not being created but its not giving the full error.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:28 PM   #125
Dark Lord
Verified Customer

Is it these

Code:
I removed them and got no error message

Just a stab in the dark and I don't know if it would make a difference but the line that says No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/ has / before home I know it can make a difference when in SSH but I don't know where it's getting that from to try it.

Thanks for your patience on this
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:38 PM   #126
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Your path should begin with a / yes thats correct.

Like I said there should be no errors with the script directly I have personally used this script to import many vbgallery sites.

The problem as I see you saying is your data directories are not being created which is some permissions issue that can only come from server permissions or a wrong path. Something is failing.

I dont know if I ever saw this answered is it one directory or all data directories that are not created?

You can send me an email through the contact link with full site details I can take a quick look when I get a minute.

Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:56 PM   #127
Dark Lord
Verified Customer

Thanks for your help Chuck it's all working now, I missed / in front of home from the path on the import script
Old January 3rd, 2010, 03:02 PM   #128
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Well glad me saying it had to be a path or permissions issue many times over helped get ya to spot it

Old March 9th, 2010, 06:40 AM   #129
tcbworld
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
It copies all content into photopost.
So it doesn't move the files? Having about 18gb of pictures means that I need to have 18gb FREE on my server? Why not make it optional to move files instead of copy them?

By the way: the import_files part of the importproces caused a 408 timeout. Reloading the page resulted in the same error after waiting quite some time.

Last edited by tcbworld; March 9th, 2010 at 06:54 AM.
tcbworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 07:47 AM   #130
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

we copy files.

You can delete vbgallery content after a successful import

I have never heard of a 408 error being reported here but they seem to be a server config issue. I am really not sure I cant give you anything that would help code wise on our end.

HTTP Error 408 Request timeout Explained

Old March 9th, 2010, 08:19 AM   #131
tcbworld
Verified Customer

That's a real shame: I purchased photopost because vbgallery isn't ready yet for vb4. And now instead of moving data (images) from vbgallery to photopost, it is copied. I don't have the needed 13gb spare on my server.

And then there's this 408 error......

I really hoped switching from vbgallery to photopost would be smooth. I will ask my webhost if I can borrow the needed extra webspace for just a few days.
Old March 9th, 2010, 08:30 AM   #132
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

There is not much I can post to help you in that regard.

You need to have the available space to do an import. The reason you cant just move the files is because what happens if there is an issue in the import.

The files are copied to photopost then you can easily delete vbgallery if you have a successful import. If you move files and have an issue with importing then both applications are messed up thats why files are never just moved.

Old March 9th, 2010, 09:08 AM   #133
tcbworld
Verified Customer

Allright, my webhost was kind enough to double the available webspace, so I gave the importscript another try:

* all steps were processed (comments, exif, etc).
* at vbag.php?action=import_files nothing really happens until about 1 minute later I get the 408 error.

How come nothing happens until this timeout? I mean: what am I supposed to see during this part of the importprocess? A list of files being copied? If that's the case, why am I not seeing ANYTHING until the 408? During that minute there must be some sort action visible? This is the fourth time I run the complete process, and it keeps hanging on this step.

As soon as I press the 'Click here to import files' link, nothing happens, besides the 'waiting for [mywebsite]' message at the bottom of my browser (resulting in the timeout)

Quote:
The Web server (running the Web site) thinks that there has been too long an interval of time between 1) the establishment of an IP connection (socket) between the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) and the server and 2) the receipt of any data on that socket, so the server has dropped the connection. The socket connection has actually been lost - the Web server has 'timed out' on that particular socket connection. The request from the client must be repeated - in a timely manner.

Last edited by tcbworld; March 9th, 2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old March 9th, 2010, 10:12 AM   #134
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

All the import files process does is copy files.

You can send ftp info and url admin login for me to look at it but as previous stated you might need to get your web host to answer why you get that specific server error.

Old March 10th, 2010, 04:24 AM   #135
tcbworld
Verified Customer

Quote:
All the import files process does is copy files.

You can send ftp info and url admin login for me to look at it but as previous stated you might need to get your web host to answer why you get that specific server error.
Excellent, thanks a lot

I have sent you the logindetails through the support contactforum (pm isn't possible).

By the way: eventhough I received this time out message, there have been images imported. The gallery shows the righ amount of images/MB's used, but most of the images give a 'no thumb' thumbnail, and after clicking no image (but with the right dimensions reserved).
Old March 10th, 2010, 05:50 AM   #136
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

yes and it should because you have sucessfully imported everything EXCEPT the files.

when I get into the office this morning I will check

Old March 11th, 2010, 01:49 AM   #137
tcbworld
Verified Customer

Quote:
yes and it should because you have sucessfully imported everything EXCEPT the files.

when I get into the office this morning I will check
Is there a way that I can see if the import process is finished or halted?

10hours ago I checked how much space was used in the gallery/data folder: 1018MB (gallery/files uses 12011MB). Now (10 hours later), this is still the same. I also see more 'no thumbnail' images, than working ones.

I decided to give vbag.php?action=import_files a spin myself and didn't show me anything but a timeout. The amount of diskspace used by gallery/data changed to 101gMB. So it did move some files until that timeout.

I am running this part of this script through my browser over and over, and after a few hours 400mb has been copied, despite the timeouts (and the lack of information the script is giving me). Is there a better way to run this script, copying those 79k (10gb) files?

Last edited by tcbworld; March 11th, 2010 at 04:43 AM.
Old March 11th, 2010, 08:34 AM   #138
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

well have you recieved a response on your issue from your host.

I mean I emailed you asking about that because your issue seems to be from the actual server limitations in trying to move that amount of content. The script already has ramped up PHP memory and a no timeout setting.

Old March 11th, 2010, 09:28 AM   #139
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Like for instance if I inch my way through the import I am over half way up to about 40000 images that have been imported out of 75000 but its your server that is stopping the process not the script.

Old March 20th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #140
enorfrog
Verified Customer

It seems a bit unclear to me whether vb4 is "fully" supported or not.
I really need some help here and I am getting a bit frustrated because the lines are blurred between vb3/vb4 when it comes to photopost. We all know that vb3 and vb4 are not compatible. The photopost software should treat vb3/vb4 as separate applications (just an opinion)

In any case, I have 2 issues. The first is...how the heck do I get the "gallery" button my vb4 toolbar?!

Second, when I run this importer script to import the pics loaded using vb4, I get the following:
Quote:
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/X/public_html/photozone/vbag.php on line 340
Importing 1 Categories.... please wait

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/X/public_html/photozone/vbag.php on line 348
Click here to import photos
help......please

Last edited by enorfrog; March 20th, 2010 at 10:27 AM.
enorfrog is offline   Reply With Quote