PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > PhotoPost Support > PhotoPost Pro Support Forums > Photopost Pro Import Scripts

Photopost Pro Import Scripts Looking to upgrade to PhotoPost? We'll post any importers we develop here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average. Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2008, 04:19 PM   #41
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

That error tells me one of two things. Either the vbgallery database you entered in the config is incorrect or the table prefix for your vbgallery tables is incorrect.

For a default photopost vbgallery install the prefix would be ppgal_ I beleive but you can check phpmyadmin and view your tables and see what your prefix is

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 04:26 PM   #42
ozmazdaclub
Verified Customer

ive checked and the vbgallery tables are listed as vb_ppgal_categories etc. Does this mean that vb_ppgal would be what i enter in the Table Prefix field?
ozmazdaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 04:30 PM   #43
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

vb_ppgal_

That would be the correct prefix see

Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old March 14th, 2008, 04:52 PM   #44
ozmazdaclub
Verified Customer

thanks all worked now.
ozmazdaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 05:00 PM   #45
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Not a problem enjoy and have a good weekend.

Old September 14th, 2008, 07:04 PM   #46
marrr
Verified Customer

does this still work?
marrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 08:32 PM   #47
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

should work fine

Old December 29th, 2008, 05:48 AM   #48
drslipp

I tried playing around with the gallery-to-photopost-import-script just in case, that the gallery wouldn´t work with vb3.8 in time.

I happened to discover an unexplainible outcome:
All categories were imported well and all pics and comments too. They are showing up at photopost-home correctly.

But they are not all showing up in the Admin-Edit Categories-dialogue.
Some of the gallery-categories are obviously imported as subcats of the photopost Member-Galleries. The tricky thing here is, that I can´t see the subcats in the "Edit-Categories"-dialogue, the "Members Galleries"-category there is no link, so some parts of the photopost-script "think", that there are no subcats within the Members-Galleries-category.

In the Photopost-Database-Administration-dialogue the "subcats" of the Members-Galleries are showing up, if I click onto the category-dropdown - for my understanding as subcats of the Members-Galleries, indented under "Members Galleries" and prefixed with a ":".

The underlying logic isn´t understandable for me, cause all vbgallery-categories are only differenced by acting as members category or not. The "sub-categories", which show up in the Database-Administration and not in the "Edit Categories"-dialogue, are set to Members-Category=no in the gallery.

But some of the gallery-member-no-categories are imported correctly into the photopost-category-list too. They are showing up as expected in the "Edit Categories"-dialogue and in the Datbase-Administration.

Is there any possibility available to re-assign categories, so that the "hidden" subcats of the Members Galleries are showing up as normal categories with no parent?

Btw.: I followed the import-instruction severely and accurately, checking and saving the category-list in the admin-panel included.

Edit:
I set the usergroup-permissions. All "no" despite admins and another usergroup in "Edit Usergroups" and in the "Edit Categories"-dialogue too - subcats included (I checked the option).
But the "fishy" subcategories mentioned above are still visible for guests too at photopost-home. The other categories are not visible. If I´m clicking (as a guest) on a visible category - which shouldn´t be visible at all - then the permission-stop-message appears as expected.

-------- sorry for double-posting - this one can be deleted -----

Last edited by drslipp; December 29th, 2008 at 10:38 AM.
drslipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2008, 06:16 AM   #49
drslipp

I tried playing around with the gallery-to-photopost-import-script just in case, that the gallery wouldn´t work with vb3.8 in time.

I happened to discover an unexplainible outcome:
All categories were imported well and all pics and comments too. They are showing up at photopost-home correctly.

But they are not all showing up in the Admin-Edit Categories-dialogue.
Some of the gallery-categories are obviously imported as subcats of the photopost Member-Galleries. The tricky thing here is, that I can´t see the subcats in the "Edit-Categories"-dialogue, the "Members Galleries"-category there is no link, so some parts of the photopost-script "think", that there are no subcats within the Members-Galleries-category.

In the Photopost-Database-Administration-dialogue the "subcats" of the Members-Galleries are showing up, if I click onto the category-dropdown - for my understanding as subcats of the Members-Galleries, indented under "Members Galleries" and prefixed with a ":".

The underlying logic isn´t understandable for me, cause all vbgallery-categories are only differenced by acting as members category or not. The "sub-categories", which show up in the Database-Administration and not in the "Edit Categories"-dialogue, are set to Members-Category=no in the gallery.

But some of the gallery-member-no-categories are imported correctly into the photopost-category-list too. They are showing up as expected in the "Edit Categories"-dialogue and in the Datbase-Administration.

Is there any possibility available to re-assign categories, so that the "hidden" subcats of the Members Galleries are showing up as normal categories with no parent?

Btw.: I followed the import-instruction severely and accurately, checking and saving the category-list in the admin-panel included.

Edit:
I set the usergroup-permissions. All "no" despite admins and another usergroup in "Edit Usergroups" and in the "Edit Categories"-dialogue too - subcats included (I checked the option).
But the "fishy" subcategories mentioned above are still visible for guests too at photopost-home. The other categories are not visible. If I´m clicking (as a guest) on a visible category - which shouldn´t be visible at all - then I have full access to view the photos, although guests don´t have the permission via "Edit Categories" - childs included.

A try to empty the "Members Galleries"-category - with the "subcategories" listed only in the "Database-Administration"-dropdown-menu below and not in the "Edit Categories"-dialogue - doesn´t have an effect on the photos and comments. They are still there.

If this whole info sounds confusing, this is a try to focus the things:

1. After the gallery-photopost-import some categories are not visible in the "Edit Categories"-dialogue, but are visible at photopost-home.

2. These categories are listed as sub-categories in the "Scan Database"-dialogue within the dropdown below - with a leading ":" beneath "Members Galleries".

3. These categories are showing up and are accessible for guests, even if any available permission in the admin-panel is set to "no".

4. Emptying the "Members Galleries"-category has no effect. The photos are still there and accessible - for guests too, although the permissions are set to "no" completely.

Last edited by drslipp; December 29th, 2008 at 06:26 AM.
Old December 29th, 2008, 10:36 AM   #50
drslipp

I checked the vb-database itself. The pp_categories-table showed different attributes for the categories. The categories, which didnīt show up in admin-"Edit Categories" were present in this table, but had an entry "a" for cattype. All other categories, which behaved normally in both the admin-panel and within photopost-home, had the entry "c" in this cattype-field.

I changed the entries "a" to "c" in those categories and after playing around with the "Edit Categories"-option in the admin-panel the categories now are working as they should.

In the "Members Galleries"-category - which should have been empty, cause there is IMHO no equivalent in vbgallery - there were shown huge image-counts and post-counts too, but correctly no pics at all. Maybe a sum of all images and posts, I canīt remember the exact number. I set the lastpost-, lastphotos-, photos- and post-fields to zero and emptied "Members Galleries" in "Edit Categories".

Now everything seems to be fine. No pics and no posts are listed in the Members-Galleries-counts and all other categories are shown as they should.

Maybe the import was faulty in my case - but I canīt figure out any causes for it. Anyway, now it seems to be ok.
Old December 29th, 2008, 06:46 PM   #51
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

a is an album and c is a category

If users created personal albums in vbgallery they are processed as personal albums in photopost and as such albums are not listed under admin edit categories but in manage albums in admin.

Old December 29th, 2008, 06:47 PM   #52
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Remember these are completely separate galleries so you might need to get use to photopost pro and how it operates

Old January 3rd, 2009, 08:20 PM   #53
Sola

To import, you obviously have to install PP first. But do you need to link PP to the VB user database (since VBG depends on that)?

Secondly, this instruction doesn't explain the INITIAL process and VERSIONS supported.

Thanks.
- Another user frustrated away from VBG...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
Import Instructions for vBGallery import.

1. Upload the two files to your photopost directory and CHMOD vbag.cnf.php to 777

2. Run the importer through your web browser and fill in all required info and paths for both programs

3. The importer will cycle through in steps each process.

4. After Import cleanup work needed.

a. In Admin => Edit Categories view the cats list and hit save. Scan down each parent in sortcats and hit save. This reinitializes the children count to show children of parent cats. Very Important. Any cat that is clickable meaning it has children click the cat to see the child list and hit save.

b. Under Scan Database recheck and build post number and check for children.

c. Make sure to set any usergroup and categories permissions you see fit.

d. Set your medium size threshold in Upload Options and under Scan Database rebuild your medium images.
Sola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 11:16 PM   #54
Silver_2000
Verified Customer

chuck I used the import to try to import 13k images from vbgallery to pp but there are some issues with categories and some other problems

many of the categories didnt get imported

can you take a look?

Main Index - Mercury Marauder.Net Photo Gallery = pp

Mercurymarauder.net Gallery = vbgallery
Silver_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2009, 10:09 AM   #55
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

All albums - Mercury Marauder.Net Photo Gallery

Not sure what you think did not get imported. Your counts look right. I think as I said to the last person who asked look under your albums if you think your missing categories because user created categories are not categories in photopost they are personal albums and as such on import they are correctly shown as personal albums.

There are differences in how we display things and operate things in both programs so if you think there is an issue I need much more specific information because Photopost has the proper counts to indicate you did a successful import.

Old January 6th, 2009, 10:25 AM   #56
Silver_2000
Verified Customer

thanks for quick reply

I figuyred out some issues - most were user differences between the products as you mentioned

the one remaining thing we cant find is the event categories

Events - Mercurymarauder.net Gallery

they didnt seem to make it as categories in pp
Old January 6th, 2009, 10:30 AM   #57
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Events - Mercury Marauder.Net Photo Gallery

Its there. You cant see it?

Main Index - Mercury Marauder.Net Photo Gallery

It is smack dab right on your photopost gallery index the same as it displayed on your vbgallery index

Old January 6th, 2009, 10:33 AM   #58
Silver_2000
Verified Customer

Under events in the VBG there were 16 events - looks like only a handfull were moved
Old January 6th, 2009, 10:36 AM   #59
Silver_2000
Verified Customer

and there are 2 member galleries main categories - is there a way to merge them ?
Old January 6th, 2009, 10:49 AM   #60
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

1. How many of those events where personal albums?

All albums - Mercury Marauder.Net Photo Gallery

Thats where the rest are at. vbgallery shows you its a personal album or category by displaying the user's name under the category. This should help you a little.

You can use the bulk move feature to move photos from that one mock members gallery to the members gallery in photopost and then delete the empty one.