This script was written many years ago for a specific purpose when we first obtained vbGallery. That purpose has long since passed and the licensing to the products was merged into one license and new customers can choose what product they want to run.
It was never a script released and supported by the company. I have no plans to develop or support this script. As noted it is released as is. This is a three and a half year old script.
I have news:
i tried on my test installation of vBGallery and Photopost Pro on my NAS.....and works at 90%....
The connection with DB is perfect, the script works ( vBGallery 3.0.1 and Photopost 7.1 )...only problem is that the original files not are in data folder!
Can you see please ? A community photo gallery - My Photo Gallery
Why on my NAS the script works almost perfect and on my live site the connection to DB not works? argh......
You will probally have to look at the script but no doubt it probally isnt coded to copy an original image which is optional in vbgallery. In vbGallery there is a thumbnail and a main image. In Pro there is a thumbnail and the the main image. Mediums are optional in Pro.
This old importer is probally only coded to pull the thumbnail and main image.
Just trying this and when I am on vbag.php and go to enter my server path info for Server Path to vbag Data Directory and Server Path to Photopost Data Directory it doesn't seem to take my pasted info.
Is there a character limit set somewhere? Looks to be about 50, unfortunately my server paths are around 80 characters.
Chak could you please confirm, that it is possible or not possible import from vbGallery to PHOTOPOST?
I am pretty much sick and tired using third parties software for my site. At the moment my site is offline koz vbgallery(photopost) is not working properly.
May be you should dedicate your self to ksenoforums and refund vBulletin owners?
to my knowledge it should work it is not tied to vbulletin in any way it is an external script that queries database tables and copies things over into the photopost database and moving vbgallery files to the proper structure in photopost.
This now supports the originalfile if it exists we import that file. Actually was quite easy bout 10 mins to do. vbGallery stores the originalname as you instructed so no need for fancy coding. All we need to do is a couple if switches when we import the photos.
The first post was updated last summer and as far as I can tell, the above change is not in the current uploaded import files.
Can we get this?
The current import file also shows this in the import images section:
Content visible to verified customers only.
Note that $filesize, $width & $height are all defined twice? And if they are supposed to be different, the INSERT statement only uses one of them.
I did a test import and everything went well except for not grabbing the original images.
I believe the file was reattached because it was corrupt and someone tried to use it. I designed the script 5 and a half years ago and thats what was attached. If there was a modified version around I could not say but the script is released as is as stated. I am still in a development phrase right now having had 3 open betas for some time now and just finished up two of the three.
If I get some free time I might look at it for you but it is not something I am promising I can get to real soon. Maybe in a few when the cycle is over.