PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old September 28th, 2007, 04:48 PM   #1
clearchannel
Verified Customer

License question

I received a email today telling me I am going to be pemitted to use either photopost pro or vbgallery photo program.

I purchased a license for photopost pro in May of 2001, at a cost of 199.00.

I have maintained that license since it's purchase by purchasing yearly upgrades.

When a company completely seperate from vbgallery aquired the program are now going to tell me I can only use one of the two licenses I purchased, something is wrong.

I want an explamination
clearchannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2007, 04:59 PM   #2
KW802
Verified Customer

clearchannel,

If you have a vBGallery license then nothing has changed.

If you have a PhotoPost Pro license then you can now use either PhotoPost Pro or vBGallery.

If you both a vBGallery license and a PhotoPost Pro license then you can either use vBGallery + PhotoPost Pro or vBGallery + vBGallery.

In my case, for example, I have a both types of licenses. With the new change it will allow me to use vBGallery instead of PhotoPost Pro with my PhotoPost Pro license. My other licenses, all vBGallery licenses, remain unchanged.
KW802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2007, 05:09 PM   #3
clearchannel
Verified Customer

Here is an excerpt from the email I received today

Quote:
Beginning 9/26, PhotoPost Pro and vBGallery licenses have been merged. What
this means is if you own PhotoPost Pro, you can now choose whether to
download and install vBGallery or Pro. The license rules still apply: one
license means one installation on one domain, and you can't run both
versions simultanously with one license even though you'll have access to
download both.
Old September 28th, 2007, 05:27 PM   #4
Subah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW802 View Post
clearchannel,

If you have a vBGallery license then nothing has changed.
I think you are wrong in this part i have vBGallery and now after the new change i can chose between vBGallery Or Photopost Pro but not both at the
same time.
And this is a part of last email from "Scott Wainner"

Quote:
Please remember that
you can download and install either vBGallery or Pro, but not both at the
same time (unless you buy more than one Pro license, one for each
installation).
Subah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2007, 05:38 PM   #5
KW802
Verified Customer

If you have only a vBGallery license then you can either let it remain as-is or you can upgrade it to a PhotoPost Pro license which would then allow you to use either vBGallery or PhotoPost Pro.
Quote:
For vBGallery license holders who don't own a Pro license, you can choose
to upgrade to Pro. By taking advantage of our current sale offer, *if you
paid $99 for vBGallery*, you can replace your vBGallery license with Pro
for $0 through October 4th (and you will be able to download either Pro or
vBGallery). You can email sales@photopost.com with your upgrade request
and please include your vBGallery license number, email, and/or name listed
on the license. If you paid the old price of $59 for vBGallery, simply
paypal $38 to us at orders@photopost.com by 10/4 to upgrade (this is the
difference in cost between our PhotoPost Pro sale price of $97 and what you
paid for vBGallery), and we'll replace your vBGallery license with a
PhotoPost Pro license (which will let you download either vBGallery or
PhotoPost Pro). Note that when you upgrade to Pro, your members area
access will be good for one year from the upgrade date which would give you
access to download vBGallery v2.3 or PhotoPost 6.0 without having to pay a
separate renewal fee now if your access has expired.

vBGallery license holders will still be able to renew their members area
access and download updated versions of vBGallery without paying to upgrade
to Pro.
If you have only a vBGallery license and choose not to upgrade it to a PhotoPost Pro license then you are not entitled to use that license to run PhotoPost Pro.
Old September 28th, 2007, 05:51 PM   #6
clearchannel
Verified Customer

From what I have been able to desciper from this discussion, and the email I received is. I own a license for each product so the email only pertains to me to the extent that I can not renew my vbgallery license, come hell or high water. They have placed so much effot into getting vbgallery license owners to upgrade to photopost, in hope they will drop vbgallery, they forgot to offer links for those of us who own a license for eact product.
Old September 28th, 2007, 06:06 PM   #7
KW802
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearchannel View Post
From what I have been able to desciper from this discussion, and the email I received is. I own a license for each product so the email only pertains to me to the extent that I can not renew my vbgallery license, come hell or high water. They have placed so much effot into getting vbgallery license owners to upgrade to photopost, in hope they will drop vbgallery, they forgot to offer links for those of us who own a license for eact product.
Yes, you can still renew your vBGallery license. In fact you can do so at a discount for the time being...
Quote:
$25 Renewals (Regularly $39) Through Oct 4th
--------------------------------------------
Renew your members area download access for only $25! Remember, if you have more than one license and you want to download software to update multiple sites, please purchase a renewal for each and every installation. This special price applies to renewals for vBGallery, PhotoPost Pro, ReviewPost, and Classifieds, too.

Use code renew25 at checkout:
http://www.photopost.com/store
There is not a different renew link for vBGallery for PP Pro because the price to renew both products is the same.

In my case for my personal account I have 3 vBGallery licenses and 1 one PhotoPost Pro license and I have no intention of converting my vBGallery licenses to PP Pro. The change in licensing that Scott announced simply means that I can either continue to use (3) vBGallery + (1) PhotoPost Pro installations or I can use (4) vBGallery installations. The other big change is that if you a new customer then the only license type that will be available is the merged PhotoPost Pro + vBGallery license that will allow the person to use either package.

As I said earlier if you have an existing vBGallery license and do not want to upgrade it to a merged license then nothing has changed. It is still a good time, though, to renew at a discount.
Old September 28th, 2007, 06:15 PM   #8
ScottW
PhotoPost CEO

We're offering vBGallery owners the opportunity to upgrade to Pro as a benefit ($38 for those who paid less than $99 for vBGallery or $0 for those who paid $99 for vBGallery), not because we're hoping you'll switchover or because we plan to drop vBGallery because we have no such plans. Offering the two products together made the most sense - it doesn't make sense for us to offer competing products at different prices.

So... For each and every vBgallery license you hold presently, you can install one copy of vBGallery on one domain for an unlimited period of time. That hasn't changed.

For each and every PhotoPost Pro license that you hold presently, you can install one copy of PhotoPost Pro OR one copy of PhotoPost vBGallery on one domain for an unlimited period of time.

So going forward, the only difference is that PhotoPost Pro license holders will be able to download and install Pro or vBGallery. If you want to buy a new vBGallery license, you would simply buy a PhotoPost Pro license which will give you access to vBGallery or Pro.
ScottW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2007, 06:18 PM   #9
ScottW
PhotoPost CEO

Quote:
I own a license for each product so the email only pertains to me to the extent that I can not renew my vbgallery license, come hell or high water.
That's not correct. If you have questions about licensing, you can email us at sales at photopost.com for an accurate explanation. There's no need to conjecture in the forums about what is or isn't allowed.

You can purchase a renewal for your vBGallery license for $25 (through 10/4, after which it goes back to $39) and download updates to vBGallery. That isn't changing. That was outlined in the announcement email which said, "vBGallery license holders will still be able to renew their members area access and download updated versions of vBGallery without paying to upgrade to Pro."
Old September 28th, 2007, 06:41 PM   #10
clearchannel
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
That's not correct. If you have questions about licensing, you can email us at sales at photopost.com for an accurate explanation. There's no need to conjecture in the forums about what is or isn't allowed.

You can purchase a renewal for your vBGallery license for $25 (through 10/4, after which it goes back to $39) and download updates to vBGallery. That isn't changing. That was outlined in the announcement email which said, "vBGallery license holders will still be able to renew their members area access and download updated versions of vBGallery without paying to upgrade to Pro."
Scott who sent me this email

Quote:
Richard,

Did you intend to buy two $39 renewals?

Thanks,

Scott
PhotoPost
Opps Scott that was you who sent me that email at 6:26pm today. I replied telling you I was attempting to renew my license for photopost pro and vbgalley. Did I spend $78.00 with you people today to renew two licenses or not?

I am going to say this once again, both links to photopost and vbgallery at least in my member area point to the same exact link to renew the same product as proven by Scotts email, and my attempt to renew both licenses.
Old September 28th, 2007, 06:42 PM   #11
clearchannel
Verified Customer

Here is the message I get when attempting to access vbgallery in the members area';

I see no need to provide my license info. I'll just sit back and wait for something, anything to happen.
Old September 28th, 2007, 06:48 PM   #12
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Correct your vbgallery license has expired and you need to renew members area access. If you recently ordered members area renewals for both license please bear with us at this unusually busy time for us. We are processing orders as fast as possible. It can take up to 24 hours normally to process an order usually only a few hours if that but with the volume of orders we are getting right now it might be a little bit till we get to your specific order and process it. We are working as fast as we can thanks.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2007, 06:56 PM   #13
clearchannel
Verified Customer

Chuck, what are not HEARING???? I purchased upgraded licenses for both programs. One license is showing upgraded, the other is not. Instead I get a email asking if I intended to buy two $39.00 renewals. The answer is YES I intended to purchase two license renewls, one for photopost pro the other for vbgallery. What more can I say to cause the fine folks at this business to address my issue?

Should I kick an additional few bucks your way? I just want the purchase I made to reflect in my account.

Once again, there is no link in my members area that points me to renew my licese for vbgallery, none at all.
Old September 28th, 2007, 07:01 PM   #14
ScottW
PhotoPost CEO

There isn't a separate link to renew vBGallery - a renewal is a renewal. You just have to tell us what you want to renew when you order a renewal (in the comments section of the order form). I have renewed both your Pro and vBGallery licenses.
Old September 28th, 2007, 07:14 PM   #15
clearchannel
Verified Customer

So when should I expect to receive my $14.00 adjustment?
Old September 28th, 2007, 07:26 PM   #16
ScottW
PhotoPost CEO

Quote:
So when should I expect to receive my $14.00 adjustment?
Yes, already issued.