Blank page when transfering photospark from one server to another
We recently upgraded our server, and are in the process of transferring the data from one server to another.
We have photopost installed at a couple URL's. Our transfer procedure was basically as follows:
1) tar.gz entire directory structure
2) mysqldump appropriate databases and zip
3) transfer directory backup + mysql backup to the new server
4) extract everything, set up virtual servers in apache, etc
5) import mysql data using mysql --user --password database < mysql.sql
2 of our photopost installations came over without issue. The third did not.
If I install photospark from scratch (Clean install), and bring over the database tables one by one, I can see the photos until I bring over the category table. At that point, photopost does not load -- it just dispalys the site header (vbulletin integration), but nothing from photopost at all.
What i've done to debug this further is took a phpmyadmin export of just the categories table, and imported it bit by bit. At first it was working, then the same result. So i cleared the categories table and started the import with the offending records ... and photospark successfully loaded! So I don't think it's just one category problem ... but maybe it is.
Does this spark any ideas with any of the developers? I don't even know where to start debugging this, but i'm willing to try.
Please post any suggestions / comments / questions.
3) Even with some incorrect paths in the config-inc.php and config-int.php files on our old server, the gallery still works, without styles (Exact same database and files) -- you can see that here: http://188.8.131.52/gallery/
4) I have set the appropriate permissions on the new server in /gallery/
5) Just to reiterate from above, with nothing in the pp_categories table, the gallery on the new server works great. As I bring in a few rows at a time into the category table, the gallery continues to work, and then eventually fails as seein in #2 above. However, if I then import rows starting a few before the problem row, the gallery works again, to a point, then fails in #2.
I'm at a complete loss here -- is there a way to debug this? Any suggestions beyond checking paths? Please help -- i'm pulling my hair out here!
I have now verified all settings in that whole list are corect -- twice. Cound you please assist me in debugging what's going on, or offer suggestions of things to try beyond initial configuration issues?
I am willing to provide you any information that you need.
Our two servers are set up with the exact same folder structure, so pathing shouldn't be a problem anyways.
If you want us to hands on come to your server and fix Photopost so it runs on the new server you would need to purchase an installation. I am prevented from performing installations without a contract purchased.
Installation issues we offer support through email or forum support. We would state what we think the issue is for you to fix this. Does anything work on the moved copy admin? Reason I say is if there is a way I can assist without physically going into your server and performing a service you need to purchase I will assist you.
This has been solved. The problem was that our php.ini's allowed memory limit was set to 8MB. I had requested that our host transfer all our PHP settings from our old server to our new server, which they confirmed they had done.
Our host apologized for the mixup, stating they should have caught that in the beginning since it is one of the first things that should be checked when a script fails like this.
Perhaps you could add "check your PHP memory limit" to your list of typical errors, along with the pathing issues you mentioned above.
Thanks for your willingness to help, it is appreciated.