PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old April 12th, 2007, 08:17 AM   #1
Sakera
Verified Customer

Converting to vbgallery instead of photopost pro

Yesterday i purchased a photopost pro. But when i got access to the forums, i find that vbgallery migh suit my need much better, as it is much closer integrated with vbiulletin (as i want). I find that vBgallery not was in any way shown on the homepage...

Is it possible for me to convert my license to vbgallery ?

Thomas
Sakera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2007, 11:11 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You would have to email sales@photopost.com

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #3
Shelby
Verified Customer

I would not reccamend VbGallery. The support has been terrible in every sense of the world. Development has practically slid backwards. I strongly discourage you from the switch, or from any of the products here untill the support issues are solved.
Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 04:01 PM   #4
DementedMindz
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby View Post
I would not reccamend VbGallery. The support has been terrible in every sense of the world. Development has practically slid backwards. I strongly discourage you from the switch, or from any of the products here untill the support issues are solved.
It sucks cause it makes it seem like its all going back on Zach but it has nothing to do with him they need to simply give him more help or shut it down all together cause I couldnt agree with you more.
DementedMindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 09:24 AM   #5
Shelby
Verified Customer

I agree totally. This isn't just Zach's fault. It's obviously a lack of support from the top down, holding one person responsible for a companies failings isn't my gig.
Old April 21st, 2007, 01:31 PM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Well I can not speak for the company or their position. I can tell you though from a support manner it all depends how you look at it Shelby. Zach is a nice guy and works hard. He takes longer than I do to respond to threads and he can tell you this himself but that does not mean he does not respond from what I see but then I dont work with vbgallery much because I myself support the other 3 products the company puts out and develop 2 of them. I can tell you I do not miss a support thread but my days are long and hard usually keeping up. We are a small company. Now I can say vbgallery is not a product that sells well and it is simply what it is a smaller gallery with less features than our main gallery. I think if I was Zach I would take offense to your comment that the product has gone backward. If you take a moment to remember when we obtained the source code for 1.1 it was riddled with bugs that had been around for many months before we ever got the code from vbadvanced. Zach worked hard to iron out all those bugs and we have had a number of releases since then fixing bugs as well as writing a compatible version with vb 3.6 and adding what I would consider a number of new features and support plugins with the products. The announcements detail all the additions. I hardly consider this a backwards movement in any manner.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old April 21st, 2007, 03:18 PM   #7
Sola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
Well I can not speak for the company or their position.
You still work for the company, right? Anything you say is considered speaking for the company Chuck. You rep the corporate entity here, even if you say otherwise! You all do!
Sola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 03:27 PM   #8
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Not really the only one who can speak for the companies position is the president of the company. I am just some poor slup who helps out around here. Nothing more nothing less and as such I am very vocal that I do not speak for the company. I merely posted above to defend what I felt was a big slap in Zach's face for saying the product is going backward when all evidence is clearly to the contrary as I have factually pointed out. All one needs to do is read every announcement on any version of vbgallery we have released and they can clearly see things have vastly moved forward from when we took over the buggy 1.1 product.

Old April 22nd, 2007, 06:36 AM   #9
Shelby
Verified Customer

The issue comes down to support times. Time of report to solution. I have reported bugs nearly a year old that manage to persist through version after version. I paid for support and in multiple instances never recieved it. Or bug fixes take months for fixes that amount to nothing more than a single line of code. Thats the issue.

I think it's a bigger slap in the face that this company charges people for support and then never intends on providing that support in a timely fashion. It is intentional, that the support is lack luster.

You yourself admit that response times can sometimes be unequally long between products. Is there anywhere on the site that explains that support is to be intentionally slower when buying VbGallery?

The fact that you recognize this, the fact that the company recogizes this and still does nothing about it, is a slap in the face.

The fact that you say, "vbgallery is not a product that sells well" is no excuse for the failure to act in a timely fashion.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 12:33 PM   #10
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I can not answer on Zach's response times to support issues that is only something he can answer on. Feel free to respond to any of his open threads asking why he has not resolved the issue. This is what I would do. He is human and can make mistakes

I never admitted or said response times are unequally long. I simply stated I know it is a fact Zach takes longer to respond to threads that say I do.