PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Show off your PhotoPost site!

Show off your PhotoPost site! Post about your site, get feedback and see how others use our products.

Old November 28th, 2006, 04:59 PM   #1
Dan40

Video TV theme site - http://www.tvtalkforums.ca

Hi All,

I've *just* set up PotoPost PHP Pro on my system, which I have just been re-setting up due to a database crash. No, PhotoPost didn't cause the crash, my vBulletin database became corrupt, so I had to re-install everything.

Anyway, if you want to take a look at it and a few test videos I've put up there, go to http://www.tvtalkforums.ca (and look around there, register if you like) and then click on the TV Themes link at the top of the page.

When you go to the Galleries, you'll notice that the software isn't being used as a Photo Gallery, but rather a VIDEO gallery. I've got over 1,100 TV themes in video format that I'll be uploading shortly (but I'm thinking this is going to take along time to do, as I'd like to put in a comment about each video as I upload it, so it might be awhile before it's all complete).

I'm posting this just to let you know how easy PhotoPost is to set up and configure. The more time you spend with your setup, the easier it becomes. Once your databases are all configured properly, it's as easy as pie.

Big changes on the way. Come on by!

Cheers,
Dan

Last edited by Dan40; December 5th, 2006 at 03:16 PM.
Dan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 05:15 PM   #2
dshah

When I click on a video, it gives me option to download it - can't you make it play directly without user have to download it?
dshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 08:49 AM   #3
buzzara231

i get the same thang 2 any help with it
buzzara231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 10:52 AM   #4
Sybaris
Verified Customer

It wont play of you dont have the codec on your pc that the video is encoded with, Try installing divx that puts 99% of the most popular codecs onto your pc.

If i were the OP i would go with what youtube have done and convert everything to flash (.flv) and use a flash player then everyone can watch it without messing about with codecs
Sybaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 12:52 PM   #5
dshah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybaris View Post
If i were the OP i would go with what youtube have done and convert everything to flash (.flv) and use a flash player then everyone can watch it without messing about with codecs
Could you shed some light on this..

How would you convert everything to .flv? Can photopost do it automatically upon upload (or any video format)?

Thanks
dshah
dshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 10:01 AM   #6
Regs
Verified Customer

If you are looking strictly for a video management application, look into Clip-share: http://www.clip-share.com

Very specific server requirements but it is the closest thing to a youtube type service you are going to get at an entry-level price.

Cheers,

~Regs.
Regs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 12:11 PM   #7
Sybaris
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshah View Post
Could you shed some light on this..

How would you convert everything to .flv? Can photopost do it automatically upon upload (or any video format)?

Thanks
dshah
No photopost cant do it, unless you have your own server and the same type of software that youtube uses I doubt you will be able to convert uploads on the fly and will need to do it manualy prior to uploading.

Then you need a flv player for your website and use it to show your punters the vids .
Sybaris is offline   Reply With Quote