PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old October 14th, 2006, 11:15 AM   #1
ionut
Verified Customer

PhotoPost joomla integration

Joomla looks like it has grown and got a bigger userbase then mambo, does photopost currently support joomla v1.0.*? Will it support v1.5?

Thanks.
ionut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2006, 02:04 PM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Photopost does not support Joomla in any way as we have no module for that software. We support and integrate with Mambo as our integration docs suggest sorry.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2006, 02:12 PM   #3
ionut
Verified Customer

It does work with joomla 1.0.* as it's based on mambo. I just hope photopost will add suport for 1.5 in the future.
ionut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2006, 03:50 PM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

As stated we do not support Joomla and can not say at this point if we will be adding support for that integration anytime soon. It may be something we do in the future but nothing planned at this point as integration modules are done in our free time and when we see enough of a base to add it.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old December 13th, 2006, 04:29 AM   #5
carpman

Hello, i have moved from mambo and would like photopost/joomla intigration.
carpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:55 AM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Hello

I do not think there is anything else we can add to this thread at this time. We do not support Joomla and there are no plans to do so anytime soon as I stated in my last post.

Old January 12th, 2007, 04:44 AM   #7
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

Just as a side mote:

All Core developers of Mambo quit the Mambo project in September 2005 to offer mambo under a new name called Joomla, to be able to offer also in the future this CMS for free. So Joomla 1.0 is nothing else than Mambo 4.5x

The owner of the brandname "Mambo" had to hire new programmers and mambo of today has nothing to do anymore with Mambo as of August 2005.

Now Joomla 1.012 is out and the latest release in the 1.0x line. Joomla 1.5 is in beta stage, but I do not expect any stable official release of 1.5 within the next 6 months. Joomla 1.5 will be a totally redesign and I expect that there will be a lot of trouble when applying a Joomla 1.0x hack on Joomla 1.5

So I understand that there is no sense in developing now something for Joomla, if it is not yet sure, how the database after the current 1.5 beta will be looking like in 6 months.

Since Joomla won now in a row each year the Linux award and is them ost successful CMS out there, I am sure that sooner or later someone will provide hacks for some kind of integrations
snoopy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2007, 07:13 PM   #8
Garrynz
Verified Customer

What about Joomla to PHPBB intergration and Photopost to PHPBB intergration and just use PHPBB as a user management system if don't want the forum. A bit messy though.
Garrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2007, 12:47 PM   #9
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

I do not know about this. But there is a software called "amember" which allows shared registration with almost everything.

I just had an order there to integrate PP with a forumssoftware called discusware. It does not work yet properly, but as soon as I have more time, I will push this through with the developers. I am sure they have also something for phpbb
Old January 31st, 2007, 05:33 PM   #10
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

If anybody has a source where it is explained how to use photopost usergroups & registration system for Joomla 1.012, please post it here!
Old May 19th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #11
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

anybody?
Old May 19th, 2007, 06:30 PM   #12
Airwork
Verified Customer

You could try the guys at www.bbpixel.com.

They have integrated the users of my vBulletin board into Joomla. Works perfectly. Maybe they can do the same for Photopost usergroups.

FYI: I run a vBulletin board on a Joomla site. The board is in the look and feel of Joomla (skinned by BBPixel). Users are vB with BBPixel integration. Photopost also uses the vB usergroups.
Airwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 09:14 AM   #13
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You need to write an integration module dirk for joomla if you want to do a joomla integration.

Old September 13th, 2007, 08:00 PM   #14
420 Magazine

any update on this?
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #15
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Any update on what? I beleive we have stated we do not support Joomla and we are not actively writing any new integrations.

Old September 14th, 2007, 02:04 AM   #16
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

FYI

Since a few weeks it turns out that the Team of Joomla is interpreting the GPL very strict. Because of this there might be problems in the future with any kind of bridges to joomla.

PLease research the joomla.org forum and the SMF forum for this.

It seems (I did not check this too much) that according to the strict GPL, all third party bridges offered for Joomla have to be released also under the same licence as Joomla, otherwise it would be a violation of Joomla licence.

This means in reality that SMF turned down in July their bridge for Joomla and will not suport even old versions as long as Joonla does not allows it with as a non-GPL software.
Old September 14th, 2007, 07:31 AM   #17
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Yes the whole GPL thing companies need to look at etc. The bridges we write are totally 100% our code and not governed by some other company. Joomla was a birth out of trying to mess with Mambo. It seems to me know both applications seem doomed.

Old September 14th, 2007, 07:43 AM   #18
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

I am a bg Joomla Fan. Joomla is one of the nost sucessful CMS so far, won prizes everywhere. But the problem is, tnat if they do not allow commercial bridges & add-ons anymore (if this should really turn out to be true), then one of the major advantages of Joomla vs. other CMS is gone.

I like Joomla because this is not just a better product then most other CMS, but also because you find professional coders who offer commercial add-ons for Joomla. This means in most cases better quality, more reliable and real support.

We will see how it turns out. in 2-3 months we know more about it. Until then Joomla will surely have to make a very clear statement regarding this.
Old October 6th, 2007, 03:59 AM   #19
eastestuary
Verified Customer

Send a message via AIM to eastestuary
Joomla 1.xx and Photopost already work togather by simply using the mambo integration. Chuck I have several sites that use both, and would like to urge you to support it as well.

I realize that you must use your spare time, but I would be willing to chip in some money to get this through. $$$
eastestuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2008, 06:52 AM   #20
carpman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
As stated we do not support Joomla and can not say at this point if we will be adding support for that integration anytime soon. It may be something we do in the future but nothing planned at this point as integration modules are done in our free time and when we see enough of a base to add it.
Such a sighted outlook, mambo was very successful until nearly all its devs jumped ship to form Joomla and with Joolma 1.5 stable it certainly looks like like Joomla's success will continue while Mambo will fade.

Simply do a Google for joomla and see the community both free and commercial that has grown to support Joomla, far larger than that of PP and you say Joomla is doomed to fail?

PP lack of Joomla support has prevented me from getting more PP licences but with the introduction of Jfusion.org it looks like integration without VB or other forums will finally be possible.
carpman is offline   Reply With Quote