PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2006, 07:41 PM   #1
Jak9
Verified Customer

Develop site on different server than license?

I have a web site to develop for a client and I'm planning on using ReviewPostPro as a core part of the backend. The client does not yet have access to the domain name the site will be on (it's in transition at this point), but I need to begin development as soon as possible.

I generally develop sites on my own server and then transfer it all to the client's, and I'd like to know if this is possible in this case with ReviewPost. Can I assign the license to my own domain while developing the site and then switch the license over when the real domain is ready?

Thanks,
Jak
Jak9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2006, 07:08 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

yes the license can run on one domain and one install thus you can develop it then move it and in the members area change the domain name to the new one. Just remember you can only have one active install on one domain per the license agreement.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2006, 02:23 PM   #3
Yellowspurs
Verified Customer

I have a question regarding license.
Can I install two separate gallery on the same domain using one license ? I have a gallery dedicated to cetain type of pet but occasionally members would upload family photos not related to pet so I set up a separate gallery with a separate installlation not sharing the same database with the forum, now is that allow ? The two gallery belongs to the same domain and website though.

I would appreciate if you can point me to the link regarding license agreement. I purchased 2 license long time ago but never read the agreements. Now I want to read the agreement because I dont' want to violate your policy.

Last edited by Yellowspurs; September 2nd, 2006 at 02:27 PM. Reason: To add additional question
Yellowspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2006, 02:39 PM   #4
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

To run two instances, you would need two licenses.

http://www.photopost.com/phplicense.html
Old July 7th, 2010, 09:18 PM   #5
gettingbetter
Verified Customer

Here is a question along the same lines - sorry to bump such an old topic, but it's relevant...

I already have vbgallery. I bought one license for one domain. What I'd like to do is transfer my license to a new domain (and eliminate ownership on the old one), BUT keep my forum and all it's information (including users) on the old domain.

I'm not sure if this will work technically speaking? Is it possible? Would the users on the old domain be able to login to vbgallery if it's on a new domain?

Sort of cross-domain membership?

Thanks.
gettingbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 07:42 AM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

well you cant really transfer vbgallery to a new server without vbulletin because as its a vb addon your tied to the forum your running the gallery with all that forums info is relevant to that install. You can not integrate with a separate vb forum.

You can delete the vbgallery from the old site start fresh and install it on another brand new forum thats not an issue but I assume your trying to keep all info which means you need to move vb and vbgalllery over to any new domain.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old July 8th, 2010, 07:31 PM   #7
gettingbetter
Verified Customer

Thanks for that. Is it possible to import the vbgallery into a standalone Photopost platform?
gettingbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 10:14 AM   #8
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

There is an import script in the pro import forum to import vbgallery to pro yes.