PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old August 10th, 2006, 03:20 PM   #1
Intex

Question Dual Styles

I have two styles for a vbulletin forum. How does photopost handle the use of multiple styles that a user can select?

Specifically, if a member chooses style 1, will Photopost select the appropriate style and display it when entering the gallery? Likewise, if they then switch to style 2, does it display that style? How is this controlled in PP?
Intex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #2
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

Yes, it does pick up the "style" (i.e. colors and such). If your style uses custom template changes, then you would need to create a directory using the styleid and then modify the PhotoPost templates to use the custom templates. But by default, PhotoPost does pick up the color/stylesheet changes between styles.

http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/index.php

You can select different styles here to see.
Old August 11th, 2006, 12:09 AM   #3
Intex

Thanks for the quick response Michael.

I'm not quite sure quite what you mean by creating a directory with the style ID. Do you mean that if the style has a style ID of say "11", then you'd create a directory named 11? Where would the directory be placed and what would be contained within it? Additionally, what template changes would then need to be made within photopost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
Yes, it does pick up the "style" (i.e. colors and such). If your style uses custom template changes, then you would need to create a directory using the styleid and then modify the PhotoPost templates to use the custom templates. But by default, PhotoPost does pick up the color/stylesheet changes between styles.

http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/index.php

You can select different styles here to see.
Old August 11th, 2006, 07:47 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Photopost integrates with the style classes of vbulletin without any modifications.

http://www.reeftalk.com/gallery/index.php

What Michael is referring to is if your specific custom style has HARD CODED HTML TABLE WRAPPERS or such that you would need to alter our templates to match that hard coded wrappers since we pull style classes not hard coded templates changes

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 07:51 AM   #5
Intex

Thanks for the reply Chuck.

I'm still a bit confused as to how it works. Surely if I alter the PP templates, then this will adversely affect the style that is working? Perhaps you could explain where you mean or what I need to look for specifically.

If I can get this sorted, I'll get my older version 4.8x up-dated to the latest.

Thanks
Old August 11th, 2006, 08:13 AM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

To try and understand what Michael and I are saying you are going to need to upgrade to the latest code and then possibly use one of these ultra custom styles to see what is needed. You do nothing for a normal vb style as the classes are used automatically. I showed an explicit example and can show many more than normal styles you need to do nothing for things to work. I honestly dont think I can explain it different as the result of what you want to do would depend on the style your using and its hard coded html if any but as Michael stated if it is a style with hardcoded template changes you can create a new template directory with the numeric ID of the style to load an optional template set which would be used only for that style.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old August 11th, 2006, 02:02 PM   #7
Intex

I won't pretend to understand - but I think I get the drift. Thanks anyway .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
To try and understand what Michael and I are saying you are going to need to upgrade to the latest code and then possibly use one of these ultra custom styles to see what is needed. You do nothing for a normal vb style as the classes are used automatically. I showed an explicit example and can show many more than normal styles you need to do nothing for things to work. I honestly dont think I can explain it different as the result of what you want to do would depend on the style your using and its hard coded html if any but as Michael stated if it is a style with hardcoded template changes you can create a new template directory with the numeric ID of the style to load an optional template set which would be used only for that style.
Old August 12th, 2006, 03:04 AM   #8
Intex

I was thinking a bit more about this. I've attached the header template, so perhaps you can take a look and let me know what you think.
Attached Files
File Type: txt header.txt (4.2 KB, 1 views)
Old August 12th, 2006, 07:05 AM   #9
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I would suggest you have an issue you post in our support forum with your questions and post urls to your forum and gallery if you feel you have an issue that needs attention.

Also please follow the instructions in this thread to verify yourself to obtain support

http://www.photopost.com/forum/announcement.php?f=64