PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old June 15th, 2006, 08:37 AM   #1
mushroom

Clueless guy needs advice

Hi All,

I looking into starting/creating a web site similar to this one
www.voodoochilli.net www.portfolios.com

Im only planing to design it (would probabaly have alot of the interface in flash), and then finding somone to put all the peaces together. I would want the new site to be alot more comprehensive, having alot more search options for example (illustration/photography/design and have maybe upto 150 searchable topics under each subject). Also, users would be able to log on and update/change there portfolio whenever they like. Under there portfolio the user would also have 250 odd about me/us, contact details etc...

Another thing, this would be a free service for maybe the 1st year of running...we may deside to charge users after that, or have an option to pay for a more features rich portfolio.

The Welcome page would also have a section that would randomly disply 20 (or so) individual thumbnale to selected gallerys..

Do you think this is somthing that PhotoPost could help produce??

cheers
mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:03 AM   #2
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

PhotoPost is not really a 'portfolio management system'; although I've seen people customize it to suit their needs in this manner. PhotoPost is a way for members of a community to upload photos into a preorganized structure (categories) or their own structure (albums); the user has the ability, if configured, to add, move or remove images from their gallery (a gallery being the sum of all works posted).

We do not have options for charging for usage, that would also be something you would need to customize; some people use the subscription features of vBulletin to control who has access to what features.
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #3
mushroom

Thanks Michael (very quick reply btw)

I realize that strate out of the box its not going to work, Im more than happy wo pay somone to put the site together

I suppose, I have 2 options, 1, would be to pay somone to script the site from the scratch, or I have the option to buy a product like yours and then pay somone to adjust it to do what I need it todo.

Its just figuring out whats best at this stage.
mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:15 AM   #4
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

I know a few users who have used PhotoPost as a baseline for a portfolio management system since the 'album' feature for users is similiar to being able to have multiple portfolios.

PhotoPost has all the pieces you would need, except for payment processing; its just a matter of tweaking the pieces to suit your needs (although some tweaks made involve code adjustments and not just template changes).